1. Is there even any mage here that can constantly top dps in a BG?

Seriously. I am only 4.7k but even as frost I still have so much trouble kiting and surviving, DKs/Paladins and Warrior simply 2-3 shot me all the time, if I blind they either pull or charge to me, I constantly slow but people still can get to me no matter what, and the worst part is my lack of damage is terrible, for a spell with 1.8-2s cast time only hitting 2k.... Is terrible.

I have also never seen any mage top dps in any BG so far in Icecrown.

2. you can top with improved blizzard spamming or livign bomb spamming.
    direct damage with frost spec is terribly ****ty and depends on cooldowns

there are few arcane noobs who top metters sometimes while carried by healers

3. Exactly, I've always been suggested to go frost mage for pvp but honestly even as frost most classes still have an easy or moderately easy time to get to me regardless, especially with all the anti cc stuff going around and I hardly even damage them so there's no way I can kill anyone before they eventually catch me since my cooldowns aren't that short for cc spells.

I guess AoE is the way to go for BGs but I also wanted something decent for 1 on 1's and 1 on 2's etc but it just feels so hard to even do anything when someone is focusing you, other mages 2-3 shot me, warlocks 2 shot me, hunters 2 shot me, any melee class 2 shots me etc

4. mages are garbage when realm is filled with bis heroic items, especially, shadowmournes

frost spec on the battlegrounds is more assistent than damage dealer
    to kill any non-braindead target mage has to use half of his cooldowns

u can play arcane or fire for fun pvp, with healers in premade you can get some succces, but in general class is absolutely sad compare to others

do u really want proper wizert gameplay cause you are a fan of wizerts ? Go Lordaeron
    nothing to do on Icecrown as mage
    Edited: October 20, 2016

5. Seriously. I am only 4.7k but even as frost I still have so much trouble kiting and surviving, DKs/Paladins and Warrior simply 2-3 shot me all the time, if I blind they either pull or charge to me, I constantly slow but people still can get to me no matter what, and the worst part is my lack of damage is terrible, for a spell with 1.8-2s cast time only hitting 2k.... Is terrible.

Not for dps, but survivability etc.

What you can do about that is use r1 frostbolt and only ever cast the real one of you have a freeze or a deep on the target, youll get procs from the r1 one (so youll do some damage) and it will allow you to kite much better due to the sub 1 second cast time. Its the same in arenas, if you ever watch a really high rated frost mage youll notice that the most used spell is r1 frostbolt by far.

6. I have also never seen any mage top dps in any BG so far in Icecrown.
    I always see this guy topping each bg.
    http://imgur.com/a/cwHIg

7. I always see this guy topping each bg.
    Yeah he does top the scoreboard often, and as far as i saw hes frost, most or full pve geared and never goes up front, always has healers arround i wouldnt be surprised if melees to him is a distraction for enemy.

Anyway, he just stays in huge groups casting aoe spells as much as possible.

Thats mages key, aoe and big stack fights.

8. I always see this guy topping each bg.
    premade brainless aoe spammer should not be an example for topping metters
    Edited: October 21, 2016

9. premade brainless aoe spammer should not be an example for topping metters

This. Also, why would someone even care about topping DMG meters as a mage? If you want that, roll fire and spam the **** out of them with Living Bomb and basically wait for pyro procs, but even then, a shadow priest can outdmg you with simple mind sear spamming. Frost mage is a class that shines in arena, in BGs it is mediocre at best.

10. 1. next time add number "8" in photoshop, not microsoft paint
    2. brainless aoe spammer with 0 objects interracted forces people to vomit
    Edited: October 27, 2016

11. 1. next time add number "8" in photoshop, not microsoft paint
    2. brainless aoe spammer with 0 objects interracted forces people to vomit
    Why u heff to be mad? All you've said on this thread is that mages are carbage, cried about "premade noobs" and accused me of photoshopping some bg score lmfao.

And what comes to that brainless AoE spamming and 0 objects blabla. When I joined the game it was something like 100-400 to hordes and alliance was pushed to dun baldar, So I don't think you'd run solo suicide missions for objectives at that point either eh? - And what comes to that "you're brainless AoE spammer" bs. I'm sorry if my class has such spell(s), Would you want me to cast scorch only so you wouldn't need to cry about me using some spells?
    Edited: October 27, 2016

12. premade brainless aoe spammer should not be an example for topping metters
    Xpxi is usually mostly-PVE gear Arcane backed with a solid premade group, that damage isn't blizzard/living bomb spamming.

13. I just found that Xpxi guy today in eots being carried with his healer boyfriend, all I know is that I nuked him down with 2 ambushes, he might be decent here and there while facing 2kgs alliance pugs and that's it. Pretty smart to PvP with no resilience...
    Anyway, it doesn't matter, I mean, who actually cares about topping damage in bgs, it only shows at its most that you spent most of the time, if not whole bg, farming mid, contributing absolutely nothing especially on the battleground main objectives. I'd rather pick players who know their concept then mid farmers. Kills, deaths, dmg done, healing done, those are just crappy statistics being made "just for fun". You may not care but screenshots like these don't and won't impress me, ever, especially when it's played in a premade.

14. it only shows at its most that you spent most of the time, if not whole bg, farming mid, contributing absolutely nothing.
    Yeah, you spent most of the bg contributing to yourself by having fun.

123 Last