1. for free PLAYER - ICECROWN or LORDAERON ?

hello!
    I like to grind my items on my own w/o donating and etc stuff ? so which server is more free to play based ? icecrown or lordaeron , also which 1 is more populated ? ( actually i care more about which server is more populated to be honest cuz if i see a world chat w/o ppl i get easily demoralized )

2. icecrown has the population, but lots of donating on it especially to avoid the queue time. lordaeron is more hardcore from what i understand(i don't actually play on it), no cash shop and harder pve content i think?.

3. Both realms are well populated.

Lordaeron is 1x blizz-like realm with no point/coin shop gear (meaning that all the people there are actually raiding for their gear) , but it's a progressive one currently at Trial of the crusader, with the ToC recipes it's fairly easy to start now (to skip Naxx raiding and somewhat reduce the dungeon grinding )

Icecrown is 7x XP and 3x Rep/Gold all dungeons and raids are available, but not many people do anything beside ToC/ICC/RS/OS, but if you find a newbie-friendly guild it'll be fairly easy to get ICC-ready gear in a few weeks.

4. Only even consider, at all Icecrown, if you are willing to quickly secure a place for yourself in a guild capable of doing raids.
    If you:
    -wish to play in a strong guild,
    -wish to be able to easily beat 90% of the server in pvp regardless of them being in 6k+
    -and are comfortable with the fact that most players ARE in 6k+ in the first place,

...choose Icecrown.

If you're:
    -willing to suffer a bit to get your char to lvl 80,
    -but are looking for more serious pve/pvp
    -looking for the general majority of players to actually have some skill
    -have your character's progress be genuinely considered, and not just your gs/achievements be all that are speaking for you,

...choose Lordaeron.

Icecrown:
    -no toc10n under 5k gs.
    -no icc10n under 5.4k gs.
    -no icc 10hc's under 6k gs

-All pugs last for 20-30% of the entire raids, unless the leaders have assembled a totally excessive raid with no one actually needing anything from the given round, and even so, only with luck.
    -mobs/mission objectives spawn once every 10 minutes or so, and each mainstream quest has at least 2-3 people on it on average. 7x rate or not, you still won't get to level up fast.
    -gathering professions...best of luck. Hardly any mineral nodes/plants, while the demand is huge. Probably the same on Lordaeron too, but at least there are less people.
    -MULTIBOXERS! Oh, god bless them all! On lordaeron, I don't know how many there are. But on icecrown, be prepared to suffer greatly in nearly all AV's (a few of our beloved, honored, and highly respected (okay, haha, sarcasm off from here) love their hk's, and keep joining AV just to get a lot, while ruining 40+ TRUE player's game AND time in the process). And don't even get me startedon what our WG's are like. There are many who try multiboxing on Icecrown, but even among them, there are 4-5 known, no-lifer, 8+ hours-a-day full-time MB's with a squad of 20+, sometimes 40 characters parked in wg spawnpoints or AV's. If you would have troubles putting up with these useless but unavoidable cowards, you may want to avoid Icecrown, yet again.

All in all:
    -if you can find a guild to avoid the notorious pugs of Icecrown, and enjoy being able to beat most of the server population in an intermediate pvp gear (as long as you avoid AV's and WG's), then Icecrown is the place for you.
    -If you are ready to sacrifice a LOT of time to reach lvl 80, to in turn enjoy what WOTLK is really about, along with a sense of more mature and skilled players around you for the entirety of your journey, then Lordaeron is the place for you.

5. 7x rate or not, you still won't get to level up fast.
    that's not entirely true. 1-80 is doable in less than 2 days of play time.

6. allright thanks everyone for their detailed opinions :) ill stick to icecrown for now since im 40 yet , i guess i gotta hit 80 first so i can feel the good and bad sides of the server , also any tips for HUNTER gems ? what gems are the best for a beast master or marksmanship hunter ? atk.power or penetration

7. allright thanks everyone for their detailed opinions :) ill stick to icecrown for now since im 40 yet , i guess i gotta hit 80 first so i can feel the good and bad sides of the server , also any tips for HUNTER gems ? what gems are the best for a beast master or marksmanship hunter ? atk.power or penetration
    not sure about bm, but for mm you want to stack agility. armor pen doesn't come in to play really until you get a high base armor pen from your gear. you can check out the hunter section http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123 for some detailed guides.

8. Icecrown atm:
    - overgeared players outdoor/battlegrounds
    -overgeared players on arena even at low rating, that makes newbies life sad
    - mullion multiboxers in pvp
    - constant premading

If you are not planning to donate, Icecrown (pvp wise) will be the worst expirience for you.
    Pve wise this realm is nice, pugs are always up, pve gearing is relatively easy even without points.
    Edited: October 24, 2016