1. Half? Make me a list of all the quests, dungeons, raids and skills that are for PvP, then do the same for PvE, and show me this "half." PvP is a side activity and you're the wrong in the game if you glorify your self-limitation enough to think otherwise. World of Warcraft is a PvE game with PvP elements, has been so ever since it started when there were no PvP servers.
    Hence the reason I said "End-game". Ofcourse there's way more content in the PVE section while leveling. I bet if PVP players could choose who to let into a BG your story would be rather different. As said before, if PVP wouldn't be a major part in the game, there would be little to no reward systems nor arenas and such. Only some silly achievements maybe.
    There is just "more" PVE content in mass, because PVE is scripted, which means you have to create more quests and raid so people have some content. PVP is way more dynamic because of real people playing, not the same script every time. For PVP you just have to create an area and a set of rules for people to fight on. For PVE you have to script the bosses and make multiple raid so you wouldn't get bored of the content as fast. It's quite dumb to say one is better than the other. One just requires more setting up and the other creates the fun on the go.

And yes, I understand this function is a good way to finance the whole server, I'm just shouting out ways to make the system work fair in the long run and not keep a stupid biased imbalance for either of the sides.

2. Well, just came to say that these arguments are rather fun really, keep up the comedy. As for scrolls, they didn't exist before for years here and we did our things, some did PvE and some PvP and had no issues. You can still do the same things and meanwhile get these scrolls, so what's the issue... No one will die if you get scroll faster or later. Maybe PvP scroll function is off at the moment, but when it will be enabled you can get it, so either wait for it or simply or make raids yourself (or use coins). I represent VIRTUS PvP guild and lads there still try to do PvE just for the scrolls which some of them actually get, I don't see this is super big issue. Also remember, you play on Private server so if Warmane would decide to perma disable scrolls in PvP, nothing you can do about it, so be happy with what you get (which is playing WoW for free, getting transomg ALSO for free). And to clarify, PvE has more people that play it true, but PvP is part of the game everywhere you go, while that can be leveling, or even going to ICC raid there is always PvP. So saying that World of Warcraft is a PvE game with PvP elements is not really true. I would also say that PvP contributes most of the donations too. Just to add one more thing, Icecrown/Lordaeron are flagged as PvP realms too, so you know.

3. Y'all need to take a step back and breathe. Stop crying like little kids because you got the wrong candy. You are playing for free, you got a new feature for free, and you complain it's not to your liking. Warmane is a business after all, of course they need new ideas to get some more money into the system, so you can play for FREE. If you're not happy about drops and so on, don't farm then, don't mog your gear, you don't lose anything with the fact that they implemented the feature. Learn to say thank you and if you want your char to look all fancy right now, donate and buy the scrolls. Do your small part in contributing to a free to play server. And instead of crying about what others are getting and you don't, look at what you have instead and enjoy it.

4. Well, just came to say that these arguments are rather fun really, keep up the comedy. As for scrolls, they didn't exist before for years here and we did our things, some did PvE and some PvP and had no issues. You can still do the same things and meanwhile get these scrolls, so what's the issue... No one will die if you get scroll faster or later. Maybe PvP scroll function is off at the moment, but when it will be enabled you can get it, so either wait for it or simply or make raids yourself (or use coins). I represent VIRTUS PvP guild and lads there still try to do PvE just for the scrolls which some of them actually get, I don't see this is super big issue. Also remember, you play on Private server so if Warmane would decide to perma disable scrolls in PvP, nothing you can do about it, so be happy with what you get (which is playing WoW for free, getting transomg ALSO for free). And to clarify, PvE has more people that play it true, but PvP is part of the game everywhere you go, while that can be leveling, or even going to ICC raid there is always PvP. So saying that World of Warcraft is a PvE game with PvP elements is not really true. I would also say that PvP contributes most of the donations too. Just to add one more thing, Icecrown/Lordaeron are flagged as PvP realms too, so you know.
    Wasn't sure if this was a meme till I saw "VIRTUS PVP guild" 100% confirmed meme.

5. Warmane new feature in a nutshell
    typical Warmane player in a nutshell
    wants everything for free in a short time

6. Wasn't sure if this was a meme till I saw "VIRTUS PVP guild" 100% confirmed meme.
    Great banter 10/10

7. Honestly, what I would love to see, on which would be very well deserved, is Warmane disabling this transmog system for good to end with all this ridiculous drama due to these ungrateful bastards demanding more and more. You can't accept anything can you? There is always something wrong all the f***ing time! How lame can you really get?

8. typical Warmane player in a nutshell
    wants everything for free in a short time
    Did you read the post I quote? This has nothing to do with me or anyone wanting things fast and for free. This guy was just pointing the obvious fact that the policy around this new feature clearly aims to increase donations. It's just funny to see people argue about everything but the real reason why the drop is so low: donations. I'm not saying this is a bad move, i'm just saying you guys are naive if you really think this is about challenge, activity or what so. This is purely commercial.

9. Honestly, what I would love to see, on which would be very well deserved, is Warmane disabling this transmog system for good to end with all this ridiculous drama due to these ungrateful bastards demanding more and more. You can't accept anything can you? There is always something wrong all the f***ing time! How lame can you really get?
    It's just for little time. What happened when they said they will merge Ragnaros and Deathwing? What about reducing rates on Icecrown and so on. Exactly the same thing as now. So I would say, let it be and it will stop, but if someone's life depends on it that they must have to say something, feel free to say your opinion how to improve Warmane for good. Staff listens and reads the feedback, maybe not everything will happen the way some chaps from communit wants, but you can't please everyone.

10. Did you read the post I quote? This has nothing to do with me or anyone wanting things fast and for free. This guy was just pointing the obvious fact that the policy around this new feature clearly aims to increase donations. It's just funny to see people argue about everything but the real reason why the drop is so low: donations. I'm not saying this is a bad move, i'm just saying you guys are naive if you really think this is about challenge, activity or what so. This is purely commercial.
    People talk of donations like it's a bad thing haha. Guess most of people forgot meaning of that word, besides it keeps server up, pays salaries to staff etc. But Warmane gives you things for your donation which you can use any way, we lived without transmog and these scrolls before, people still made donations and it was all fine. Now out of sudden, a free feature which is not even " a must have thing to do" comes up and some find it as worst thing ever. So I would say this feature brings new possibilities to everyone.

11. It's just for little time. What happened when they said they will merge Ragnaros and Deathwing? What about reducing rates on Icecrown and so on. Exactly the same thing as now. So I would say, let it be and it will stop, but if someone's life depends on it that they must have to say something, feel free to say your opinion how to improve Warmane for good. Staff listens and reads the feedback, maybe not everything will happen the way some chaps from communit wants, but you can't please everyone.
    Certainly it will be over sooner or later. Those two subjects about merging Raggy and Deathwing, reducing rates and releasing a new server called Lordaeron if you want, are totally different stories anyway. These had the objective to keep the project alive glowing with health, as you can see those two realms were becoming empty day by day, so obviously something had to be done. Same goes to reducing rates, not go get exalted with everything within a week, vanilla stuff (mats, proffs and so on) being pratically "unexistant", while x1 rates would give a real hard time for new players, I guess you might know why. This transmog system in the other hand is just another costum feature Warmane decided to give just to improve the looks of your own character the way each one of us want. As a pro, and probably the only one, there's more chances people will donate and waste cons on the scrolls available on the market, hence why I don't find this useless at all. On every topic, there were drama posts, obviously, can't please everyone, but the small problem around here, and I'm sure you definately noticed aswell, 90% players always beg for what they want, intead of taking what's best for the server into consideration. Everyone wants to get full transmog in just a week, and it would be a real mess especially for those who don't want to see this when you can't even disable it on the website yet. And I swear to god I'd appeal to everyone to start thinking this way if I had the patience and the power to do so.

12. Certainly it will be over sooner or later. Those two subjects about merging Raggy and Deathwing, reducing rates and releasing a new server called Lordaeron if you want, are totally different stories anyway. These had the objective to keep the project alive glowing with health, as you can see those two realms were becoming empty day by day, so obviously something had to be done. Same goes to reducing rates, not go get exalted with everything within a week, vanilla stuff (mats, proffs and so on) being pratically "unexistant", while x1 rates would give a real hard time for new players, I guess you might know why. This transmog system in the other hand is just another costum feature Warmane decided to give just to improve the looks of your own character the way each one of us want. As a pro, and probably the only one, there's more chances people will donate and waste cons on the scrolls available on the market, hence why I don't find this useless at all. On every topic, there were drama posts, obviously, can't please everyone, but the small problem around here, and I'm sure you definately noticed aswell, 90% players always beg for what they want, intead of taking what's best for the server into consideration. Everyone wants to get full transmog in just a week, and it would be a real mess especially for those who don't want to see this when you can't even disable it on the website yet. And I swear to god I'd appeal to everyone to start thinking this way if I had the patience and the power to do so.
    Well pretty much, it's a feature that you can use or not. Also as I stated before, you can get scrolls from things that you did before this feature too. Like let's say you did PvE before right, even if the transmog wouldn't be here, you would still keep doing it. And about the drop chance, as it may feel little bit frustrating for some individuals to get them. It is meant so you can't transmog gear in 1 week, it's meant to be farmed. We need to wait for christmas so people once again can be never happy of getting free stuff, as i have said before... Give them let's say 22 coins and they will get angry cuz they need 23 to buy and bis item. Always been like that and always will. Plus they are working on the feature to disable the transmog option. So people that want to say "pliz increase drop rate, too low did 1 million bosses", think it in a way, that it increases PvE routine, as in more raids to do with more people which is also a good thing, then you get this FREE feature which you can use or not, I reckon it will increase number of people in Bg's too and in the final decisions perhaps promote 3s activity which I am sure they are looking it into as we speak. So in the conclusion, everyone benefit and they have my support for 100% on this. Just that community sometimes needs to think things thru and watch on these things from Warmane perspective before saying stuff which rather makes no sense whatsoever.

13. @Justmarried: I completely agree with you, my "rant" was towards the claim that PvP is just a "side feature" of the game, which it clearly isn't. I do both PvP and PvE, and I want to work for my tokens, not getting them all in 1 ICC run. This actually gives people motivation to do old content (BT/SWP has great looking items, which majority of players would like to mog).

First ... 34424344454654 ... Last