1. Wotlk's new Transmogrification, possibility of implementing partly to Cata?

As many of you already know warmane implemented a new transmogrification system into their wotlk realms, which has additional freedoms in regard to our system such as transmoging axes into swords and legendaries. Normally crying about wotlk getting something cool while we don't, is the expected followup but i'll use this opportunity in a hopeless effort to raise awareness to the demand of such a system being implemented into Neltharion.

A few months ago, in a recent update something known as "transmogrification bug" was fixed no longer allowing people to mog axes into swords etc, while however allowing people that already used that exploit to keep their mogs having them ending up being unique and no longer possible to make.

With the recent merge from warsong to neltharion, a new species of people with unique unobtainable appearences flooded the realm. I'm talking about the former AT members that while on AT were able to use their transmogrification system which had absolutely no restrictions, and were able to mog plate into leather, legendaries into epics, generally making their looks some of the most desired on all neltharion, and also being able to get advantage of the fact they've been able to keep this looks throughout the transfers to sell toons with these unique features for insane prices via the trade function for those who would even sell their souls for such a feature.

It is obvious that a system that could loosen the restrictions of the limited in-game transmogrification system that is primitive since we are on just a patch after its implementation, and currently on retail it even has less restrictions than it, is much desired by the community, and a big part of it would invest alot into getting their hands into it.

We've generally seen alot of crying going about lack of updates, bug-fixes etc, and all those take alot of time for the devs to make, and it's true that we don't deserve as much attention since we are by far one of your smallest concerns and thats okay, so why don't you just invest this minimal amount of time it would take to implement this system into Neltharion that would pretty much have the whole community praise you for months because of it instead of spending months for a tenth of the praise by trying to throw updates.

Alot of us veterans on this realm feel worn-out due to really not having much to do, i've almost finished gearing my 20th toon on my 4th account, and really as a raider i don't have much to look forward into, having these Scrolls as you call them, drop from what feels like a job nowadays would become a major motivation for everyone to invest in pve again. Alot of people give up on pveing after just a few weeks since they're able to gear to bis so fast and have no further motivation to raid leading to a decline of interest in pve, i believe adding such a cosmetic feature desired by all would bring interest in an all time high.

Also it's quite obvious you would see an insane spike in donations from people purchasing all kinds of legendaries and scrolls no matter what the price is making it possible for you to ultimately be able to add a few more devs to the realm benefiting everyone.

I know i kinda dragged it for too long for such a simple request, the reason i'm making this thread on this forum is because i want the community's feedback on this idea and raise awareness, and demand for this feature which i believe could be far more effective than directing this post directly to |Realm Suggestions|, i just thought it was so awesome to see this feature implemented on wotlk and would seriously love to see it implemented partially on Neltharion as well.

2. Still waiting for the hyjal update and whatnot, and we can xmog. WOTLK didn't have that.

3. So Obn said transmog bug is cheating and is done by third party but THAT'S what they're implementing on Wrath but they fixed it on Cataclysm hello? Mercy said "you should be able to transmog a 1h sword to a 1h axe" No that's not possible until mop, Only same types accept for bows,crossbows and guns where you can transmog a bow into a gun or a crossbow same for guns and crossbows, I really don't see the point why they're implementing the same thing they fixed on Cataclysm that was considered as "cheating/using third party software" where you only needed a macro to switch weapons lmao

4. So Obn said transmog bug is cheating and is done by third party but THAT'S what they're implementing on Wrath but they fixed it on Cataclysm hello? Mercy said "you should be able to transmog a 1h sword to a 1h axe" No that's not possible until mop, Only same types accept for bows,crossbows and guns where you can transmog a bow into a gun or a crossbow same for guns and crossbows, I really don't see the point why they're implementing the same thing they fixed on Cataclysm that was considered as "cheating/using third party software" where you only needed a macro to switch weapons lmao
    Thing is, this Transmogrification they "enabled" on Lordaeron. All of that is custom made. As in, they made this from a scratch. So 1h Sword into 1h Axe is a norm with custom made content, there's no deviation from the norm. What the Staff deem worthy of being trasmogrified, it shall be enabled. If something is considered "illegal", like Guns \ Crossbow, that stuff will remain disabled.

Using macro to transmog stuff was considered a bug, but they overlooked it. Same as with people who already have extravagant transmoged gear, they didn't delete those and they could easily have them deleted, if they wanted to. Instead of deleting everyone's transmog, they opted for disabling transmogrification on Neltharion.

Now, we can all whine and cry, it won't change the fact that the changes have already been made for Lordaeron. Maybe it will come to Cataclysm but I really doubt they would implement transmog changes to Cata since Wotlk didn't have any transmogrification option to begin with.

Although, I would like to point out that using third party programs such as CE is a bannable offense. They can see who tries to transmog stuff and they can easily ban him \ her.

In a nutshell, both @Obnoxious and @Mercy stated the same: "Not a blizz-like content at all - Brand new creation"
    So, it's not the same thing they've implemented. This thing they've made, it's brand new. Unique. New and improved saying: "Out with the new, in with the newest"
    Edited: October 27, 2016

5. Thank you, Baluhterijum.

On the point of bringing parts of the WotLK transmog system to Cata, while we think the new transmog system is cool and we do appreciate that you think it's cool, it's unlikely it will have a place on Cata due to the already existing transmog system. If we're to lighten the restrictions on transmog for Cata, it is best that we do so through the already existing system.

As for the concerns about lightening the limits on Cata transmogrification, we'll see what we can do. I can't make any promises on this point, but it will be discussed internally, that much is for sure.

6. So Obn said transmog bug is cheating and is done by third party but THAT'S what they're implementing on Wrath but they fixed it on Cataclysm hello?
    Just to correct your misrepresentation of what I said: not sure if you are unaware or purposefully acting so, but there were two kinds of "illegal" transmogs happening, one that was done by abusing a bug and one that was done with a cheating program. We were fine with the bug one, and people were allowed to use it for a long time. But then that apparently wasn't enough and people started using CE to do transmogs that weren't possible even with the bug, at which point I believe it was considered this had went far enough, and if people couldn't play along with the rules and just use the bug, without breaking our rules using cheating software, the whole thing would be done away with. So, if my interpretation of what happened is correct, instead of raging on Staff, you might want to direct your anger at the people who ruined it for everyone.

7. Thank you, Baluhterijum.

On the point of bringing parts of the WotLK transmog system to Cata, while we think the new transmog system is cool and we do appreciate that you think it's cool, it's unlikely it will have a place on Cata due to the already existing transmog system. If we're to lighten the restrictions on transmog for Cata, it is best that we do so through the already existing system.

As for the concerns about lightening the limits on Cata transmogrification, we'll see what we can do. I can't make any promises on this point, but it will be discussed internally, that much is for sure.
    I'd rather have the wotlk transmog system than lightening the limits on cata because you'd have to actually do something for it. Dead pve content would be revived and the server wouldn't feel as dead as it does now.

8. I'd rather have the wotlk transmog system than lightening the limits on cata because you'd have to actually do something for it. Dead pve content would be revived and the server wouldn't feel as dead as it does now.
    I agree. I believe Blizzard should've done it a similar way also, so people would have more of an incentive to actually play. But, unfortunately, the blizz-like transmog system and ours conflict with each other. It's not an easy decision to ditch a blizz-like system altogether. Definitely not one that should be taken lightly. It most likely won't happy, I'm afraid.

9. What I'm trying to say and I've been trying to prove for a long ****ing time but people still don't believe it Bows to Guns and Crossbows isn't illegal,again it's not illegal it's not a visual bug but it's an actual thing that already existed in 4.3 retail that's what I'm trying to say, if I go on my hunter and go to the transmogifier I can transmog my bow to a gun or a bow but when you hit apply nothing happens, it should be possible if you think it's not read up 4.3 patch notes and how the transmog system works I found a official blizzard's video saying: Bows can be transmoged to guns and crossbows, but yes the Wrath transmog system is a really cool feature. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3196342583 official blue post.

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.
    Edited: October 27, 2016

10. What I'm trying to say and I've been trying to prove for a long ****ing time but people still don't believe it Bows to Guns and Crossbows isn't illegal,again it's not illegal it's not a visual bug but it's an actual thing that already existed in 4.3 retail that's what I'm trying to say, if I go on my hunter and go to the transmogifier I can transmog my bow to a gun or a bow but when you hit apply nothing happens, it should be possible if you think it's not read up 4.3 patch notes and how the transmog system works I found a official blizzard's video saying: Bows can be transmoged to guns and crossbows, but yes the Wrath transmog system is a really cool feature.
    And what you haven't realized, even after being banned in a different account (you do know that using alts while banned means a permanent ban on the alt and increase on the main, right?) is that those are different things. One thing was fixed, and that was the illegal transmogs we overlooked; a completely different one is your pet transmog not working properly.

11. I agree. I believe Blizzard should've done it a similar way also, so people would have more of an incentive to actually play. But, unfortunately, the blizz-like transmog system and ours conflict with each other. It's not an easy decision to ditch a blizz-like system altogether. Definitely not one that should be taken lightly. It most likely won't happy, I'm afraid.
    Makes sense, this got me thinking about a way to have the 2 systems to not conflict with each other in the way of lightening the in-game transmogrification system back to it's former state while implementing only Legendary scrolls as a moderately rare drop from hc dragon soul and very rare drop from normal dragon soul, while also being a reward for the top 5 2s teams and top 3 3s at the end of each season. It could also have an extremely low drop chance from random bgs as well. And esentially this will also bring in new donations considering the high amount of active donors we have that already just equip these legendaries since they're unmoggable. Beyond that another possibility i was thinking about which is more unlikely to happen is the possibility of removing the scrolls from shops in all expansions and making them boe, working in a way similar to the game-time token they use on retail, which would give dedicated raiders and pvpers that are in bad economic situations(me) to be able to indirectly support the server by selling scrolls around via the already existing and completely dead at this point (on cataclysm) trade system. Considering the demand ultimately doing this would wind up being more profitable to you in the long run considering that at least in my opinion the prices of people that will be selling these will be considerably higher than the ones currently on coin shop and also this would benefit highly any expansion since it would bring interest in pve as well as arenas up to an all time high. It makes me wonder why hasn't blizzard made game-time tokens drop from bosses, since they'd be handing out literally more time for their most dedicated parts of the community to play.

12. I understand what you're trying to get at, xiarhos7, but I think that lightening the restrictions of the Cata transmog system should be done with the system that is already in place. Which it is being checked out, I had asked Proterean to look into it and speak with others about it, and he said that he would. Whether or not it will happen, I can't say at this time, but I - just like you - am hoping for the best.

13. It has been 3 weeks, are there any news regarding this? Has the community's request for implementation(of a similar system) or "unfix-ation?" of related bug(famous mogbug) been at least forwarded towards the higher-ups responsible for taking actions on these matters?
    Edited: November 17, 2016

14. Well this thread just died out, still nothing