1. the sentiment's I've read here and on the Transmog news thread from people that play this server basically focus on one thing. People are upset that the staff, focused on fixing a harmless bug instead of focusing on something else that was more important, like Boss fights, Legacy dungeons, I mean I can't seriosly believe this was the toppest priority on the Bugtracker (which was implemented so that the server populace gave you an idea on what they wanted fix first).

So we have some very serious bugs, and harmless ones, don't get me wrong you guys fix some bad bugs, sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to fix, but to have fixed this first than the other more serious ones will get you that reaction from the populace, It isn't hard to know it would.

Heck I think some of you guys (mods) even agree with me. I'm not saying ilogical or crazy statements, look it from our point of view, how does it look?
    It looks like the vast majority of players don't understand that Developers aren't a "mana pool" that you can allocate to anything with the exact same result, and that allocating them on one thing means another is set aside. Developers have different skills, different areas of expertise and different things they work on to implement or fix. This not being fixed doesn't means what you consider an important bug would be fixed instead. Another small thing might have been fixed in its place if the Developer involved in this doesn't has the set of skills and knowledge to fix what you consider important.

2. It looks like the vast majority of players don't understand that Developers aren't a "mana pool" that you can allocate to anything with the exact same result, and that allocating them on one thing means another is set aside. Developers have different skills, different areas of expertise and different things they work on to implement or fix. This not being fixed doesn't means what you consider an important bug would be fixed instead. Another small thing might have been fixed in its place if the Developer involved in this doesn't has the set of skills and knowledge to fix what you consider important.
    My point was: "you gave priority to a non important or critical bug that instead gave players some fun xmog combinations"
    What you responded to me: "you guys think we are a mana bar that can be spent into bugs like a percentage bar filling up"

Dude come on, that was one hell of a pivot, I know developers arent some sort of mana pool, don't deviate from my point, what I said makes sense, it makes perfect common sense, I know you are a mod, and as such biased towards Warmane (fair assumption by me), but seriously, you gotta give some credit and not just tie me up with that "People think we are Mana Bar currently oom" pivot, you think It's fun to come over here and carefully type these longs *** paragraph in hopes of seeing an improvement made?.

If you don't want to agree with me, that's totally ok, but don't downplay my opinion just because you don't like it.

3. My point was: "you gave priority to a non important or critical bug that instead gave players some fun xmog combinations"
    What you responded to me: "you guys think we are a mana bar that can be spent into bugs like a percentage bar filling up"

Dude come on, that was one hell of a pivot, I know developers arent some sort of mana pool, don't deviate from my point, what I said makes sense, it makes perfect common sense, I know you are a mod, and as such biased towards Warmane (fair assumption by me), but seriously, you gotta give some credit and not just tie me up with that "People think we are Mana Bar currently oom" pivot, you think It's fun to come over here and carefully type these longs *** paragraph in hopes of seeing an improvement made?.

If you don't want to agree with me, that's totally ok, but don't downplay my opinion just because you don't like it.
    No. Your point was "you gave priority to a non important bug" and my response was "you have no clue about Development, let me explain." Try not stopping at the first line. I'm not downplaying your "opinion" because I don't like it, I'm doing it because you obviously don't understand what you're talking about.

4. No. Your point was "you gave priority to a non important bug" and my response was "you have no clue about Development, let me explain." Try not stopping at the first line. I'm not downplaying your "opinion" because I don't like it, I'm doing it because you obviously don't understand what you're talking about.
    Ok you know what, you're not even reading my post, so I'll do better, I'll forget I even started this thread, because clearly it won't go anywhere, thanks for your effort though.

5. It looks like the vast majority of players don't understand that Developers aren't a "mana pool" that you can allocate to anything with the exact same result, and that allocating them on one thing means another is set aside. Developers have different skills, different areas of expertise and different things they work on to implement or fix. This not being fixed doesn't means what you consider an important bug would be fixed instead. Another small thing might have been fixed in its place if the Developer involved in this doesn't has the set of skills and knowledge to fix what you consider important.
    Sure, we understand that you have limited resources and not all the devs have the expertise to fix certain bugs. But if they don't try and learn in the process, they will never get any better. This is my experience and I'm sure it's shared by a lot of Neltharion players, ever since Moltdown, the development in Cata has been just plain bad. There are trivial things that are broken and would be left unfixed for months at a time. The prime example would be the melee damage of mobs in Dragon Soul after some legacy content update, achievements in Cata means nothing now, anyone with any skills at all could have cleared DS HC and gotten all the achievements. It was finally fixed recently, and you got people who have full achievements that can't finish 2 bosses heroic...

There was a few weeks to months where Greendev was dedicated to Neltharion development, and he held a forum where people can interact with him almost real time, I think during that time a lot important bugs were discussed within the community and a fix/resolution was achieved. I would love to see something like that here again.

6. You should be able to transmog a one-handed axe to a one-handed sword.
    That's on the WOTLK xmog discussion.

But I guess we're just Cata Players. We don't deserve something like that. Let's just disable this on Cata and enable it on WOTLK, IT WILL GO PERFECT

How come we get into this situation. Do Staff communicate with Devs? Do these Threads GET TOLD to the devs atleast? are we even HEARD out. I mean this wouldn't even happen in the first place.

The Communications established so the community gives feedback to Warmane is not working.

It doesn't work when Bugtracker is not even attended/dismissed/Not replied to
    It doesn't work when Threads created on the forum are either Deleted / Ban baiting
    It doesn't work when Staff don't put themselves on the Players shoes and just dismisses Everything

Hell, It didn't work when EVERYONE yelled that Dragon Soul had a melee bug, c'mon The player base was reporting a BUG that was helping us THE PLAYERS, yet it was being reported by the players. It took MONTHS to get that fixed.

Why.... WHY DO YOU FIX FUN?

I don't feel we're getting heard. to be honest.

And when I read this Weltall-Obnoxious Exchange. well... It keeps making feel that way.
    Edited: October 26, 2016

7. If you read that whole post, we got a "We'll look into it.", i mean it's not very promising but don't just jump into conclusions, give it a day or two and they may make a decision about implementing a version of that system here as well. I mean think about it logically, this was something requested alot on wotlk, they decided even tho they expected the "muh blizzleiks" uproar to actually implement this, it's already obvious to them that both us and frostwolf have been pretty jelly on the whole thing, there's no way they won't give serious thought on the matter. We can't expect to have the same exact system as wotlk got since we already have an existing(limited) in-game transmogrification system, but it could work as something in the sense of Weapon scrolls that allow to legally recreate what that old bug did, and just maybe they'll also add some rarer legendary scrolls for the sake of transmogging legendaries which is something desired by pretty much any corner of our community for the sake of that special kind of showoff that will quickly get worn out after every single donor mogging glaives, and that's just perfect.

8. If you read that whole post, we got a "We'll look into it.", i mean it's not very promising but don't just jump into conclusions, give it a day or two and they may make a decision about implementing a version of that system here as well. I mean think about it logically, this was something requested alot on wotlk, they decided even tho they expected the "muh blizzleiks" uproar to actually implement this,
    Dude... you're not getting it. The system Natively existed. We don't need WOTLK's system. We already have a working one. one that had a bug that made you mog even further. like a one handed axe to a one handed Sword, They disabled that while claiming "Muh Blizzleiks", and what did we got?

can't recall who but the answer was "we're not fixing something that was not supposed to work in "blizzlike""

And no that "people had to use third party Software" is a Lie. All you had to do is swap the desire weapon on time. and that's it.

What did that "Bug/exploit" did apart from cosmetic gains.? Seriously.

Hey Neltharion! We have limited resources allocated to this realm!, SO! We'll focus on this non-urgent, non-critical, non-gamebreaking. And we'll See you folks in later months!

It's that silly.

Edit: Forgot to say this.

If we're not currently the priority. Wouldn't be Smart. To just leave the system like it is? let people have their fun and replace it with whichever system you deem Fit. but HAVE one to begin with.

Don't cut our legs and leave us crippled until you have time to fill the void.
    Edited: October 27, 2016

9. They already stated like 100 times they would never unfix this bug, and i mean think about it realistically, letting an exploit being as something we generally accept as being legal or part of the experience, makes the server look pretty bad. I can think of no realistic situation where they'd make this decision to unfix a bug, if we are getting this privilage it will only come in the form of a system rather than an exploit where the majority of the community would have to go out of their way anyways to find out.

tldr: They won't unfix a bug cuz "muh image as a psrvr", only realistic way of getting what we want is as an additional feature.

PS: i've thought about it alot as well, we just only see things from our point of view just thinking things the practical way not taking into consideration alot of little details that often prove to be very important, i believe the reason they're generally so hesitant and slow and so restrictive on all these things is because we as a community have proved multiple times that we'll take advantage of every single possible tiny mistake they might possibly make, look at warsong merge for example, people managed to abuse that even with all these restrictions making 5-8million gold in a matter of days.

10. And no that "people had to use third party Software" is a Lie. All you had to do is swap the desire weapon on time. and that's it.
    It's true for frostwolf, i know for a fact that this wasn't the case on neltharion, i am not going to say what to google or watch here but just by making the most generic search for it will lead you to tutorials on it, alot of people on frostwolf have gotten banned over this. Also as of right now all the people with impossible transmogs are AT players, the third party assisted exploit never worked on neltharion, thus why players showed up with mogs like these only after the merge gates opened.

11. You never needed a third party software lmao but hey guess what? The transmogs aren't fully working-Hunts only(rip)

12. They already stated like 100 times they would never unfix this bug, and i mean think about it realistically, letting an exploit being as something we generally accept as being legal or part of the experience, makes the server look pretty bad. I can think of no realistic situation where they'd make this decision to unfix a bug, if we are getting this privilage it will only come in the form of a system rather than an exploit where the majority of the community would have to go out of their way anyways to find out.

tldr: They won't unfix a bug cuz "muh image as a psrvr", only realistic way of getting what we want is as an additional feature.

PS: i've thought about it alot as well, we just only see things from our point of view just thinking things the practical way not taking into consideration alot of little details that often prove to be very important, i believe the reason they're generally so hesitant and slow and so restrictive on all these things is because we as a community have proved multiple times that we'll take advantage of every single possible tiny mistake they might possibly make, look at warsong merge for example, people managed to abuse that even with all these restrictions making 5-8million gold in a matter of days.
    Reasonable response, but let me ask the question this way, for all the bug they left in the game that's more game breaking/makes them look bad/however you want to put it, they choose to fix that one? Another example of a bug that's been reported for a long time is Raz (https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/209) from BRC, it's was something that worked perfect but they broke... yet it was left unfixed for over a year, it says it's fixed now but I have not checked. I think most of the posters here are voicing their displeasure with how Warmane is handling bug priority. I personally thing bugs that affect gameplay should be first priority, like I posted before about DS melee damage, that essentially made the endgame raid a piece of cake, GAME BREAKING! but not fixed for months. So if you talk about making them look bad, this was far worse than not fixing a cosmetic bug.

13. There's a simple explanation for that. The transmog bug fix took literally no time to script, if you know even the very basics you would've known that they've intentionally allowed this bug while being able to fix it for a long time, while neither do i understand the reasoning behind them changing their minds over it suddenly a month ago i have a few theories regarding that.
    One possibility is that the devs were changed which i think actually happened 1-2 months ago, and so all statements, previous decisions by former devs were discarded and the new dev's had no idea of settlements such as these and went ahead and fixed a bug that would take them 1 minute to code.
    Another possibility is that it was the higher ups decision after they started having conversations about the system that just got implemented on Wotlk, and this fix was just a means to prepare the grounds for it to be implemented on cataclysm as well.
    So while the frustration of the community having such game-breaking bugs lasting such a long time, ruining the experience for everyone is understandable, blaiming warmane for "prioritising" is false really because different devs have different specializations and that type of bug-fix could be done by literally anyone sparing a couple of minutes, unlike bugs that are associated with legacy ports that exist pretty much as a result of conflicting code which could take weeks of fixing and testing, due to that really annoying thing that happens sometimes where you plug a whole and open a bunch of new ones. If you want a valid reason to complain, complain about them wasting time in implementing the hyjal quests and lowering rates instead of focusing mainly on the things were 90% of the player-base spends 95% of their time which is the end-game, if only all the time wasted in scripting zones some people quested throu once or twice and pretty much forgot about them was put in scripting bwd hc or fixing tot4w giving us raiders somewhat challenging new content that would allow us to actually get some enjoyment from what feels like a job lately and even beyond that, a better focus would be to release maybe a new battleground after all this time, considering just how much time people spend in these generally, from the community's perspective 1 battleground > loremaster, and no this isn't just my opinion, i validate myself by /who Hyjal = 7 online uldum = 1 online deepholm = 1 online, while /who (sum of running battlegrounds) = 100~.

14. That's on the WOTLK xmog discussion.

But I guess we're just Cata Players.
    I don't appreciate being misquoted. You're taking it out of context, and you're completely ignoring my responses to those who have concerns about Cata transmog. If you're going to act like this and target me, you're going to have a bad time. Don't do it again.

@Thread, we can have another look at the Cata transmog. I'll see about endorsing it. It may take a bit of time to address, it may not. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated.

15. I don't appreciate being misquoted. You're taking it out of context, and you're completely ignoring my responses to those who have concerns about Cata transmog. If you're going to act like this and target me, you're going to have a bad time. Don't do it again.
    I did not misquote you, I took that part from your post as an example, as on what is going to be implemented on WOTLK.

Which clearly my post is ranting about We on Neltharion we were able to do (a sword to be xmogged into an axe) before the bug was fixed.

HOW IS THIS OUT OF CONTEXT? SERIOUSLY.

If I would want to target you. I would have done it so Directly confronting you (Which I have done in the past), but that's not the Case.

Also being a "Super Moderator" is not a free pass to threathen me. Either have grounds to do it or refrain to do so. This is the second time this happens.

First 1234 Last