1. xmog bug Issue

So, today we got news that WOTLK realms got a new Transmog system, that is clearly not blizzlike, no complains here, in fact anything extra that enhances the gameplay without adding advantages is Great thing. However on Neltharion, we're plagued with some hard bugs, and we had a "Bug" on our Transmog system that allowed us to sorta "enhance" it so it would let you change the appearance of an Axe to a Sword, and the other way around.

So, with all the bugs cata has, and with xmog being avaiable in a server that normally doesn't have it. why would you "fix" that bug here that only served to players being able to enjoy the game a bit more.?

2. Because the bug allowed you to do illegal transmogrification that shouldn't happen in the first place.

3. But it harmed no one, here you can't transmog Legendary items, but on Woltk it can? see my point? It only gave people that loved their weapon looks any benefit. I mean rogues with daggers looking like swords, makes your character look like a ninja. I don't see how those ilegal xmogs harm someone else, and if it did, you would of removed the xmogs already applied serverwide.

4. That's your personal opinion, which you are entitled to have, but which is in disagreement with how the Staff feels.

5. So just for reference, The warmane staff feels it's not ilegal to place the option of using legendary items appearances on weapons in Wrath of the Lich King (which never had that feature to begin with) but also feel that it's ilegal for a two handed mace to look like a two handed sword in Cataclysm

Did I get that right, or I mistook the information provided here on these forums and news?
    Edited: October 26, 2016

6. Cataclysm had a transmogrification system, which we emulate and try to replicate. There's a mold to be followed for that.
    Wrath of the Lich King never had it, so whatever we include is on our own choices and decisions, not having any retail mold to mimic.

So, to answer your loaded question, no, we don't feel it's illegal for that on Cataclysm - Blizzard did and we emulate that.

7. I still find it funny that they fixed transmog bug after staff members said on forums many times that they didn't care about the bug and had no intention on ever fixing it.

8. I still find it funny that they fixed transmog bug after staff members said on forums many times that they didn't care about the bug and had no intention on ever fixing it.
    You find it funny that things can change over time?

9. You find it funny that things can change over time?
    That's the whole point the OP is making. Transmog was NOT a blizzlike feature on WotLK. Therefore it should NEVER even be considered a feature of implementation yet you still implemented it.

So if you're going to make non-blizzlike decisions for other realms, you can very well allow non-blizzlike features on Cataclysm, given as the ENTIRE community here agree it was a positive feature.

10. That's the whole point the OP is making. Transmog was NOT a blizzlike feature on WotLK. Therefore it should NEVER even be considered a feature of implementation yet you still implemented it.

So if you're going to make non-blizzlike decisions for other realms, you can very well allow non-blizzlike features on Cataclysm, given as the ENTIRE community here agree it was a positive feature.
    Already explained more clearly than I should have to.

11. Wow, Warmane implemented xmog on a WOLTK server? Didn't know that....

I guess they can't use the blizzlike server defense in the future, which is actually good news for us guys :)

12. Well you're a moderator, so going above and beyond to explain something to the community that you serve isn't more than you should have to. If anything it's an expectation.

The fact is you've implemented a non-blizzlike feature to WotLK. Something you had to MAKE a possibility, not something that was accidentally stumbled upon and you've decided to just leave it for the benefit of the community. You took the time to code the transmog feature into WotLK.

On the other hand Cataclysm ran into a bug that allowed inter-weapon transmogging, yet you decided to go above and beyond to fix a bug that actually positively benefited the realm.

All you're doing is trying to kill the realm, and succeeding. But instead of shutting it down you're slowly telling your community to piss off, one "patch" at a time.
    Edited: October 26, 2016

13. I guess they can't use the blizzlike server defense in the future, which is actually good news for us guys :)
    We haven't used that for a long time. We are quite clear that we don't want to introduce custom content, while reserving ourselves the right to do so if we wish.

Well you're a moderator, so going above and beyond to explain something to the community that you serve isn't more than you should have to. If anything it's an expectation.
    Actually, as a Moderator, I don't have to make a single post, much less explain anything. My duties are solely about enforcing the Forum rules and nothing else. My actual posting at all is something I do out of my own choice, which is made evident by the fact that other Moderators barely post at all. So, your expectations are wholly misguided.

14. Well you're a moderator, so going above and beyond to explain something to the community that you serve isn't more than you should have to. If anything it's an expectation.

The fact is you've implemented a non-blizzlike feature to WotLK. Something you had to MAKE a possibility, not something that was accidentally stumbled upon and you've decided to just leave it for the benefit of the community. You took the time to code the transmog feature into WotLK.

On the other hand Cataclysm ran into a bug that allowed inter-weapon transmogging, yet you decided to go above and beyond to fix a bug that actually positively benefited the realm.

All you're doing is trying to kill the realm, and succeeding. But instead of shutting it down you're slowly telling your community to piss off, one "patch" at a time.
    A ban is what you get for disagreeing!
    /spit

15. A ban is what you get for disagreeing!
    /spit
    Actually, he got a ban for a post that has been deleted. But enjoy meeting up with him.

123 ... Last