1. 3D Modelling WoW Character, from start to finish (IMAGE-HEAVY)

Hello everyone. I'm currently trying to model my Gnome Warrior, Espie Teenyaxey. I will post the progress of the model in this thread as it goes for feedbacks purposes and just for the fun of it. Using Autodesk 3Ds Max 2013.

Note that while I got my references set up, I'm not going to model the character 'as is'

Last progress :

Ingame References
    Spoiler: Show

(Facial and Body only)

Sketch References

Progress 1 : Modelled the head and put up the hair, textures are basic, except for the eyes. Brows are using polys atm. Also added basic body and shoulder

Personal comment : It kinda lacked the feminine look. Right now the gender felt questionable. It might be the lips...

Progress 2 : Reworking the facial features, adding eyelashes. Reworked the lips to add more feminism. Added more poly for better feature definition

Personal comment : It's the lips alright. Right now she looks a lot like Warlords of Draenor's rendition of female gnomes, but a bit lacking on textures and eternally scowling look.
    Edited: October 29, 2016

2. Progress 3 : I decided to use a rather complicated topology. Not sure if it really is that necessary since the Animation Mentor character samples don't even go that far. The arms do look a bit better, though nothing's clear until I add an actual texture for her.

The hands, they're even more nightmarish. Did you know that Gnomes have 4 fingers? It actually complicated things more since I will need to rework the structures a bit to make it work.

All in all, looks good so far, except.... I'm not sure I got the proportion correct

Progress 4 : Since I feel insecure, I decided to scroll around my screenshots and found an old picture of my DK Estus on character screen, complete with similar gear I'm referencing on. I decided to redraw the big line of her body and match it with Esper's model

The proportion was incorrect apparently, the head should be a bit more elongated and squished sideways. The body should be taller, and the arms are apparently a bit smaller. The Shoulderpads are also bigger, but let's get to that later. The thighs disturbed me a bit since they're far too wide for my taste and it doesn't look like anything that can make you feel nimble with your legs. So I thinned it a bit.

I'll get to toes, later.... or never, since they're covered with boots anyways....