1. Because Paladin is a Support class, reason why it works so well with certain comps.
    Or rather doesnt. At least at the, here totally irrelevant, highest level of arena pvp.

2. Ret can be suprsinigly strong and annoying if played right. However, by playing it right I mean more than popping wings and praying to kill someone in HoJ. There are hardly any rets who know how to def properly and you wouldn´t believe how hard is to kill such a ret. But you can´t blame ppl who decide to roll holy pala instead, find a warrior and just watch how he roflstomps everything while paly is safely spaming cleanse and holy shock.

3. It's not only Ret/MM, there's also Ret/Sub. if only more people play it instead of playing safe (allowing oneself to make mistakes and still get away with it) with the usual Ret/healer or Sub/healer (or spriest).

4. Sure you can run Retri with almost any other dps class and still find some success upwards of 2.2 in 2s, cause most people are bad anyway. On the real though, I'd probably kill myself if I lost to a retri/dps with a decent comp and no gear advantage.
    Also - holy/arms best wotlk comp ? Please elaborate.

5. Sure you can run Retri with almost any other dps class and still find some success upwards of 2.2 in 2s, cause most people are bad anyway. On the real though, I'd probably kill myself if I lost to a retri/dps with a decent comp and no gear advantage.
    Also - holy/arms best wotlk comp ? Please elaborate.
    *****s think that smourn awar = win

6. I like how the thread started at "is this ret dmg legit?" just to proceed to the inevitable QQ about the vvarrior class.

7. Rets are mainly good bg heroes and thats it. They lack on mobility and interrupts which makes it quite easy to outplay them. Rets cant even kill a decent geared healer in 1v1.
    Only unexperienced or low geared player complain about rets.

To remind u of times on the old core where rets were really overpowered and positive bugged to heaven:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRQtOg5E7g
    Rets are great for 3's. Too bad nobody plays it.
    Or rather doesnt. At least at the, here totally irrelevant, highest level of arena pvp.
    That's because there aren't any good Rets that still actively play arena on here.

8. Or rather doesnt. At least at the, here totally irrelevant, highest level of arena pvp.
    Provide me a good supportive ret and I'm pretty sure that he can work perfectly with my hunter. Hunter & Ret is one of the best (if not the best) comps possible for both classes. The issue here is that most people think that Rets are supposed to be played while facerolling, when they're not.

9. Rets are great for 3's. Too bad nobody plays it.
    Dont get me wrong, I didn't mean that rets are bad in arena. Nevertheless on high rating they are rather one of the "weaker" specs compared to others.

Rets are pretty good in killing low geared newcomers in BGs and I dont mean this in a offensive way. Ret palys dmg just scales well against opponents with low resilience so its understandable that many low geared and unexperienced player complain about them after they got globaled.
    However when u have enough resilience to survive their first burst wave pretty much every range dps can kite a ret paly to death. They dont have charge, they dont have deathgrip, they dont have slow effects and hand of freedom can be dispelled. So a rdps that dies against a ret paly on the open field is either low geared or a noob.
    Edited: November 8, 2016

10. I don't know if I got you wrong or not, but as far as 3's are concerned, I strongly disagree with your statement that Rets are a "weaker" spec. When I say they are great for 3's, I mean that as in they are pretty strong in that environment. Ret damage isn't what makes them good, either. It helps that they can do burst damage and help land a kill, but it's important that they do that strategically in addition to using their utility and heals to support their team. Teams with Rets in them in 3's are all about setting up the opposing team for a burst window on a single target, during which all 3 members of your team hit the target really hard - which is not the moment you engage in the fight, which most Rets around here are not capable of understanding.

Using Avenging Wrath to help land a kill happens so fast that there is often no time for the enemy to react; you force the enemy to use the bulk of their CCs, especially ones that can be done instantly and don't break immediately on damage, such as Psychic Scream or Hammer of Justice. Force the CC's and the defensive CD's to be used, train a vulnerable target until all debuffs are up and rolling, then come out of line of sight - pop wings, Judgment, Divine Storm/Crusader Strike - along with ~2-3 GCD's of burst from both other teammates - bam, landed a kill. It is then a 2v3. Dispel wings, that's fine, the fight is already over at that point.

First 12