1. Elemental Shaman?

How is elemental shaman PvE wise in Lordaeron at the moment?

And..which faction is more PvE active? Horde or Alliance? Horde would be my guess, but from what I have seen so far the alliance seems to be raiding more..

2. To be honest it's one of the weakest ranged dps along with boomkin. You'd have to be good to get on the dps level of Spriests/hunters. Generally you won't beat rogues, DK, Fmage, locks in dps. That's for sure.

There aren't many of us though so getting a spot in raids, guilds is not hard.

3. Elemental Shamans are good. They provide amazing raid buffs, and easily get into any 10man raid composition.. And are required for 25man (if you're not dog in head).. They're very easy to play well.
    @bigbuje.. Elemental Shamans do competitive damage. Sure you won't beat Warlocks/Rogues/Mages.. The others, it depends on the fights.
    Elemental does -much- more damage than Balance Druid.

Horde has a much more active raiding scene, and many more active raiding guilds. I highly suggest going Horde.

4. Yes, Horde! But from what i've seen elem. shamy has easyer entrance to alliance raids rather than hordes...horde has many more shamans since they've got more races for it.

5. You wont be doing top dps with same gs than puredps classes, but your buff/utility will be welcome. Your dps will be fine as long you perform normal rotations, just wont be top dps.

From Laura_Aurora

Taken from World of Logs rankings on the heroic festergut fight, using a median ranking of dps records so its not overly skewed by the very top players. This is what a typical full 277 character in each spec can expect to do on a nuke fight, or as close an estimation as possible. :)

1) Fury Warrior 18107
    2) Fire Mage 17799
    3) Combat Rogue 17671
    4) Retribution Paladin 17213
    5) Assassination Rogue 17052
    6) Marksmanship Hunter 17021
    7) Feral-Cat Druid 16689
    8) Unholy Death Knight 16540
    9) Affliction Warlock 16144
    10) Frost Death Knight 15985
    11) Shadow Priest 15807
    12) Arcane Mage 15414