1. Transmogrificatiom: The hype is high and the drops are low

After they announced Transmogs on wotlk I quickly started to look for my "dreamed" set, of course being purple my favorite color I decided myself for the revenant plate, originally found inside BRD, and a black and red set for my offspec: the "Darkcrest" set found in outland

And so my tale starts, wiyh high hopes and bigger dreams, little did I know of the long and painful journey I was going into:

At first I went to the burning steppes to try and farm some green boes from the mobs in the zone, to my surprise I couldn't get a single green item after one hour of grinding but I got like 10 schematics for BS, LW or Tailoring (and personally I'll take that as a sign that there's something wrong with the drops).

After that I decided to try my luck inside BRD because what better place than a dungeon to get some greens from the trash, right? Well, I can only say the experience was disheartening, not only BRD is bugged and you can't do a full run right now, but after running the accessible parts twice I only got 1 green boe (leveling up enchanting in icecrown must be very painful)

Of course I realized my revenant set was little less than an impossibility and so decided to move on into outland, surely things are better there... right?

Well, yes but not by much, if you are planning to grind for some greens I strongly recommend to avoid the dungeons, I made a full run on the three instances of the hellfire citadel and only got one green boe. I proceeded to try my luck on The Steamvault, Botanica and the Shadow Labyrinth, and unfortunately I got nothing (nothing green at least).

But I was far from defeated, I was decided to find the gear I needed for my future transmogs, (at least the outland set since the one from azeroth seems like a lost cause), and so I went into the field, I started in hellfire peninsula, it was not long before the hope filled me with renewed strength, I got a green boe, the drop rate is not as high as I remember, but it doesn't matter, at least something dropped, after killing around 100 orcs I ended up with 5 greens and 3 rares (the rares didn't drop this much the last time I was leveling around here, perhaps is another sign of the malfunctioning drop rates).

Anyway, killing red orc over a red ground can get boring pretty quickly so I decided to move on into zangarmarsh, there I found an scenery very similar to that in hellfire peninsula, but I got fed up pretty quickly since I couldn't find a good spot to grind, and so I traveled south to the hunters' heaven: Nagrand.

Nagrand offers plenty opportunities to kill packs of mobs in a quick manner, however my dreams of glory and boes came to an end here, after killing enough beast to bring a couple of species to the brink of extinction I found my bags filled with nothing but junk food. After this I got curious about the situation in other zones so I flew east to the forest of illusions: Terokkar

In Terokkar the situation was slightly better than Nagrand's, here I decided for a change of strategy, I was going to farm until I got a boe because maybe the spirits of Nagrand weren't smiling upon me. In Terokkar I smashed to dead no less than 38 orcs ( I counted them) before getting a green boe (good, we seem to be back on track). In order to save some time I rapidly move onto shadowmoon, and I knew exactly where to find an army of elves waiting to be destroyed and pillaged.

After killing countless numbers of my elven Brethren I found again my bags filled with nothing but junk, a wasted genocide I say. With my pockets empty and a heavy heart I backtracked all the way north to the weirdest mountains ever seem...

I'll be sincere, I never liked Blade's edge so I didn't try too hard to find a green drop, after killing a dozen of creatures I decided to look for greener pastures around the mana forges of the netherstorm.

In Netherstorm my results were equally disappointing, yet again I thought is was the best not too soend too much time around here, I'd rather be in hellfire where at least I knew had a small chance to drop my transmog set.

But wait, there's one last place to check, one last stop, the ever bugged Isle of Quel'danas, where the archers shoot you with a seemingly infinite range. I remember my rep farming days on this golden island, doing dailies tirelessly so I could finally buy my entrance ticket to the Magister's terrace, anyway, during my daily tasks I used to gather a decent amount of greens and even a rare or two, unfortunately things are not so good nowadays in these parts and I was forced to leave yet again with empty pockets.

And so after two days I returned to hellfire, with a broken heart and almost 2k gold richer (that's a lot of junk and cloth sold)

What I learned (TL, DR)

1. Drop rates are ****ed up on kalimdor, EK amd outland
    2. Don't grind inside dungeons, is not worth the effort
    3. If you need some green boes from outland grind in either hellfire, zangarmarsh or terokker
    4. Lockboxes have become my best friends
    5. I won't be creating a new character any time soon, specially if it is an enchanter

I must go now, those orcs are not gonna loot themselves, thanks for reading and good luck in your search for gear to transmog

If my grammar offended you I offer my most sincere apologies, english is not my first language

2. You know that you can get the "revenant plate" lookalike items from quests in Outlands also. No need to go through the grinding fiesta.

3. I know, except that I got my loremaster title months ago so I already did all the related quests ( I checked with the everyquest addon) and ofc I just got rid of the armor because I never expected for transmogrification to be a thing on wotlk

4. Green drops have been bugged the past couple of months actually, with the issue of boe's dropping too often icc 1's for example.

5. Yep, sadly, the drop rate of greenies on here are well below the rate they were on retail. When I did all of Loremaster, I didn't get a single greenie to drop in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms.

6. Yep, sadly, the drop rate of greenies on here are well below the rate they were on retail. When I did all of Loremaster, I didn't get a single greenie to drop in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms.
    That's actually not correct at all. The issue is that the drop rate of things in general, except for specific boss loot, is TOO HIGH. Greens get skipped over on the loot table because of it.

7. That's actually not correct at all. The issue is that the drop rate of things in general, except for specific boss loot, is TOO HIGH. Greens get skipped over on the loot table because of it.
    Well, hopefully that is something that can be fixed...not sure how possible that is.

8. will +1 above post, at least for the more famous items.. (in deed though, i have quite a lot of the purple robe in Stv :d)

9. not only BRD is bugged and you can't do a full run right now, but after running the accessible parts
    you mean you don't know how the instance works.... turn the cogwheel to rotate the gatebridge that has the path running through one of the doors that has a dead end when you first zone in to access the west part until the end....

10. Good read, how about the scrolls drop rate ?

11. Good read, how about the scrolls drop rate ?
    Quite low.
    You aren't getting percentages or rates.

12. you mean you don't know how the instance works.... turn the cogwheel to rotate the gatebridge that has the path running through one of the doors that has a dead end when you first zone in to access the west part until the end....

Yes, I tried that in fact at first I tried to run through the door like we used to do before, since that didn't work I went back to "turn" the giant cogwheel, but after using the key in the mechanism teh cogwheel didn't move, nevertheless I went back to the door to see if I could go through with the same results, finally I just went to the bug tracker to see if it was a bug and found a report so yeah, the instance as of right now is inaccessible beyond that point

13. Good read, how about the scrolls drop rate ?
    I don't know really, I was gathering the gear before trying to raid for the scrolls, but I've heard the drop rate is low, which is good in my opinion, I'll start raiding next weekend, let's see how it turns out for me

14. Try doing um.... Blackrock Spire, Stratholme, or Scholomance, if you so desire. I got a lot of blue BoEs from the mobs.

15. Try doing um.... Blackrock Spire, Stratholme, or Scholomance, if you so desire. I got a lot of blue BoEs from the mobs.
    How many greens did you get? The revenant is uncommon not rare, still, I always liked stratholme, I should give it a go next weekend

12 Last