1. Scammers everywhere!

I know i must report a scammer by opening a ticket and stuff like that.
    I did report and many of us players have. Its just we dont have screens of trade window and scammers get away.
    Scammers cheat other players to get gold. Then they sell it for coins and buy gear for coins or they trade for real money(sometimes). Players buy more coins and give them to these thieves again by buying their gold in store...
    This sounds creepy.
    Some of these thieves have many accounts and they log once a week, do their dirty job, transfer gold to another account, wait for possible ban and repeat everyday if they want.
    This i think is close to truth, as i seen few of them, got cheated in different ways.
    What can be done?
    Is it possible that repeated cheaters get ip banned or all accounts deleted?
    Investigation is possible even without screenshot proof. Reports from many players should get them blacklisted. Store, donation history, armory information can be checked.
    I dont actually expect any improvement with this criminal activity thing. Let me add just few last words - dear thieves, please continue to steal fake stuff in this poor game. This will keep you out of real life stealing your neighbours horses :D

2. I have posted an alert about scamming in Icecrown as I noticed that the frequency has increased by a great amount.

I would recommend you to install the addon called SafeTrade.

Watch the video to see what the addon does.

The Download link is also in the description of the video.

3. There is even an entire guild on alliance that is dedicated to scamming. Know how I avoid getting scammed? Everything I need to buy, I buy it through the auction house...impossible to get scammed that way.

4. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, then you deserved it.

5. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, then you deserved it.
    +1 (msg too savage)

6. I experienced this yesterday and I had no idea such scams were even possible, so I was caught off guard, maybe that was me being naive. I was purchasing some Primos off of a Horde and when talking, he seemed like a legit/fair guy. We meet up in Org bank, he puts Primos in trade window, I put in my gold and we hit trade. My gold goes away, and I receive nothing. I attempted to communicate with the guy, asking him to right the situation, but clearly a scammer, so no point.

I filled out a ticket on the website and in-game. The purpose of the ticket wasn't to get my gold back - I got scammed, it's my mistake for being naive and assuming that trades are safe, got it. Reason I filled out the ticket was so that the staff has the report and can take action against the person. The response I received was pretty disturbing, telling me that I need screen shots for them to take action against a person. Understood. But, how about checking your logs? How about the fact that there is several other people complaining about the same person? Ok, fortunately, I did take screen shots, but what can screen shots do? I took the screen shots after I had been scammed. I sent the GM the screen shots of our negotiation and then I sent the screen shots of me trying to communicate with the person after I had been scammed. Was that enough for the GM? Of course not. He wants screen shots of the actual trade. Lets say that I would have taken screen shots of the trade window. What exactly what that prove? I would need a video to show what the GM wants to see, not screen shots.

Point being, these GMs aren't here doing this for fun. If I'm not mistaken, they do get a cut of the donations, so they are paid to do what they do, right? Being someone who has been generous and supported this server financially, I feel that I am allowed to make this comment - these GMs that we support need to do their job and handle these people who ruin the game for others.

I GET IT - You don't want to ban the bad guys, they increase your population. But if you refuse to do your job, these bad guys are just going to force the good guys to move on and you're going to have a server full of scammers. I don't give a damn about the gold - I lost it, that's on me. But you guys not punishing these people is why it won't stop - and that's on the staff.

7. I experienced this yesterday and I had no idea such scams were even possible, so I was caught off guard, maybe that was me being naive. I was purchasing some Primos off of a Horde named Sencerolnale, he was a 6.2k GS ret pally and when talking, he seemed like a legit/fair guy. We meet up in Org bank, he puts Primos in trade window, I put in my gold and we hit trade. My gold goes away, and I receive nothing. I attempted to communicate with the guy, asking him to right the situation, but clearly a scammer, so no point.

I filled out a ticket on the website and in-game. The purpose of the ticket wasn't to get my gold back - I got scammed, it's my mistake for being naive and assuming that trades are safe, got it. Reason I filled out the ticket was so that the staff has the report and can take action against the person. The response I received was pretty disturbing, telling me that I need screen shots for them to take action against a person. Understood. But, how about checking your logs? How about the fact that there is several other people complaining about the same person? Ok, fortunately, I did take screen shots, but what can screen shots do? I took the screen shots after I had been scammed. I sent the GM the screen shots of our negotiation and then I sent the screen shots of me trying to communicate with the person after I had been scammed. Was that enough for the GM? Of course not. He wants screen shots of the actual trade. Lets say that I would have taken screen shots of the trade window. What exactly what that prove? I would need a video to show what the GM wants to see, not screen shots.

Point being, these GMs aren't here doing this for fun. If I'm not mistaken, they do get a cut of the donations, so they are paid to do what they do, right? Being someone who has been generous and supported this server financially, I feel that I am allowed to make this comment - these GMs that we support need to do their job and handle these people who ruin the game for others.

I GET IT - You don't want to ban the bad guys, they increase your population. But if you refuse to do your job, these bad guys are just going to force the good guys to move on and you're going to have a server full of scammers. I don't give a damn about the gold - I lost it, that's on me. But you guys not punishing these people is why it won't stop - and that's on the staff.
    Damn son, you are one stupid fellow.

8. The screenshot which gm want should include all items and gold in your bag before and after the trade. You should use the add on suggested above or use AH for your trade. It is more expensive but at least you'll get what you want.

PS: ppl like overdosed does remind of us why we need law and education.

9. I experienced this yesterday and I had no idea such scams were even possible, so I was caught off guard, maybe that was me being naive. I was purchasing some Primos off of a Horde named Sencerolnale, he was a 6.2k GS ret pally and when talking, he seemed like a legit/fair guy. We meet up in Org bank, he puts Primos in trade window, I put in my gold and we hit trade. My gold goes away, and I receive nothing. I attempted to communicate with the guy, asking him to right the situation, but clearly a scammer, so no point.

they don't have trade logs. thus why you need sufficient evidence for them to take action. they do ban countless people for scamming, but without proof all you have is accusations.

10. The screenshot which gm want should include all items and gold in your bag before and after the trade. You should use the add on suggested above or use AH for your trade. It is more expensive but at least you'll get what you want.

PS: ppl like overdosed does remind of us why we need law and education.
    I don't understand how can someone get scammed? It's your own fault for not paying attention while trading, and if you don't have the abilities required for safe trading then just use COD system.

11. They are not that familiar with all the trading system here and the possible loophole. Most of the time, they only knows that after they paid their "fees." Calling the victim dumb is straight out dumb idea since nobody knows every stuff in this world.

12. They are not that familiar with all the trading system here and the possible loophole. Most of the time, they only knows that after they paid their "fees." Calling the victim dumb is straight out dumb idea since nobody knows every stuff in this world.
    common sense should tell you not to trust strangers with valuables.

13. dude, if u want to trade for some gold - 1-10-100 gold, even 200 gold - it is ok up to a point, since u can make those money in 15-20 minutes out of farming some ****..

but if u go for trade for 3-4-5k gold or more, then there are a few things u need to do:
    - print screen on every step of the trade
    - if u can, video-record the trade
    - let the person you trade with know that you are recording this
    - open ffs your eyes before u press "next next next" since this is NOT a program installation under windows..

other than that, just be careful, no1 can help you better than yourself!

imo = if i get scammed, it is only and only my fault.. WOW did not invent scammers and for sure they won't disappear with WOW, so if i have no proof, nothing can be done!

14. Point being, these GMs aren't here doing this for fun. If I'm not mistaken, they do get a cut of the donations, so they are paid to do what they do, right? Being someone who has been generous and supported this server financially, I feel that I am allowed to make this comment - these GMs that we support need to do their job and handle these people who ruin the game for others.

They are doing their job. None of it includes "taking your word for it" and banning people just because you say so, without any solid evidence.

15. common sense should tell you not to trust strangers with valuables.
    It can happen even with <10k trade and not every one is friend to begin with.