1. What's the raiding scene like on this server ?

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to ask you a few questions about raiding on cata. I played this expansion way before that major character loss and i really enjoyed both raiding and dungeons, so if anyone could tell me what's raiding like these days considering there's less and less players each day ? I'm thinking of returning to this expansion, but only if raiding is actually a viable option. Thank you

Best regards

2. Well the raiding scene isn't what it used to be. 25man Guild runs are out of the question, haven't seen any for months. Currently there are 2 guild farming heroic dragon soul in alliance daily, <Heaven Asunder> and <Chaotic Neutral>. On horde side <is pro> is farming ds from what i know and there are some other pve guilds doing heroic as well named <Cereal> <Lok Tar>. One major problem is the lack of normal raiding guilds(active ones), so you'll have to get 20 different types of aids in pugs until you reach heroic ready equipment to join a heroic raiding guild. Peopla very rarely do firelands, bastion of twilight anymore. Here in Chaotic Neutral we pretty much clear ds hc daily and make some extra firelands full hc 1/2 times per week. I'd only recommend coming back to cataclysm only if you really like the expansion, because community-wise we are the worst.

3. Thank you for your very detailed answer. It's a shame really, I enjoyed this expansion immensely. Basically what you're saying is that a barrier for entry into high-end raiding guilds is set very high, gear wise, and getting that gear is many times slower than before. I can just imagine what'll be like trying to convince a random pug leader to let me in one of those firelands raids without achievments. I will consider this a bit more. Thx for the answer once again.

4. The major english raiding guilds are certainly Heaven Asunder and Chaotic Neural.

However there's still quite a niche of non-english guilds that do a number of hc, normal and semi-hc DS along with FL, BoT and TotFW. My guild just started a 25 man heroic DS progression and last saturday and we cleaned DS 25 HC 6/8 with the help of former Puttas y Whisky GM Pacapacheco.

So, in a few words, the raiding scene consists mainly of guild runs. Pug runs are really, really rare know, and if they are, it's mostly DS and very rarely, FL.
    Edited: November 4, 2016

5. Thing is on that server , instead of merging some guilds to gether to have options on raiding, they decide to split to some low population guilds just to have control of it. Unfortunately the raiding scene on this server has been decreased widely. Pugs are a bit awfull only Certain ppl doing correct pugs. From Alliance Side the most populated guild i think is Heaven Asunder and doing only 10hc only.
    So i would suggest something like merging and creating a guild that does normals and hc runs.....

P.S Which guild is doing 25hc ds?

6. Well, raiding on this server is still good but there are only few decent guilds, dunno if CTR is active but they are one of the options next to the Heaven Asunder. As i recall CTR is still doing sometimes normal runs but 95% of time only hc(ds/fl) since BoT and Tot4W are bugged atm due no gryphon when u die so you cant ress in the instance. But when it comes to 25hc's its not that much active anymore due low population and alot of people barely playing or they just left for the better server since end game content is getting ****ed with these new updates all the time.

Conclusion:
    - Yes, there are few decent raiding guilds
    -Yes, they do clear all content on hc but you need to have some knowledge about the raids to even join the guild and have atleast 6/8 hc which is nothing if u ask me
    -25hc's guild runs are almost non-existant

7. Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate it. Thing is, raiding on WotLK isn't that much better. Content, even though it's working, is getting stale. 85% of the population are simply ******ed, just do some RS pug and you'll be quickly convinced. "Complex" things like moving out of goddamn fire is just lightyears beyond them. And when it comes to raiding, I like to be challenged and I like to work with intelligent people to solve that problem. I guess that's pretty rare on any server.

8. Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate it. Thing is, raiding on WotLK isn't that much better. Content, even though it's working, is getting stale. 85% of the population are simply ******ed, just do some RS pug and you'll be quickly convinced. "Complex" things like moving out of goddamn fire is just lightyears beyond them. And when it comes to raiding, I like to be challenged and I like to work with intelligent people to solve that problem. I guess that's pretty rare on any server.
    Idk but trust me its better on wotlk instead on Cataclysm where is 95% braindead ppl who yell in raid on tanks why they didnt taunt fire under his feet... etc etc...

9. Well as ald Member of that Server , (Some ppl know me as Barret, some as Peregrin) , i would say that Server lost its Aura. As some ppl mentioned up , there are only exist some Guilds but i would trust only atm Heaven Asunder as i raided many months with them. Very good ppl, Kind GM and always 10 man raids. Before , when populated, we were doing like 25hc runs on DS, but many stopped or changed Server due to personal Reasons. As Hari mentioned above all community went to WOTLK, something i wouldn't do due to downgrade of Patch. I liked cataclysm most of it but as ppl mentioned before Molt-down and a bit after that was croweded and there were many Guilds. It's in ur own decision what would u choose but if u rly like PvE content go alliance , some guilds are doing still runs ,10 though. Also to mention after SOD (Scream of Deathwing), there are not many guilds that still doing normal runs.

10. - It's KINDA crappy.. all ask for achievement and STUFF !!

11. raiding scene is almost non-existant. just like it's population. and the gold squish in January not only will squish your pockets it will also push players away from the server.

12. Yeah, I miss pre-moltdown times too. Had around 4-5 characters on cata and really loved it.