1. Best gathering skill to make money?

Skinning, mining or herbalism? Which one makes the most money. Also i'd appreciate the most lucrative crafting skill. I currently have skinning/LW but skinning is really hard to do as most of the good skinning spots are populated and fought for by horde and alliance. The other two are more about roaming around which is better.

2. Skinning, mining or herbalism? Which one makes the most money. Also i'd appreciate the most lucrative crafting skill. I currently have skinning/LW but skinning is really hard to do as most of the good skinning spots are populated and fought for by horde and alliance. The other two are more about roaming around which is better.
    Mining makes the most , then skinning, then herb. Skinning is easy because you don't have to search all over for nodes, and can just kill respawning creatures over and over. Herb is ok, but mining can be frustrating sometimes to find any deposits. Honestly, I can farm leather way faster than herbs or ore.

Alchemy/LW/BS etc are always less money makers unless you spam global with your tradeskill link.

3. best profession atm is to work on your IRL profession

virtual currency run the risks of being nuked in half

4. Noone's gonna tell you their REAL way of making gold. Most ppl will say smth like "get x or y and you'll be good" when in actuality they don't even use it and know if it's good or not. They probably have some other method that only they, or a handful of ppl know of/use. The large majority of players are nubs aswell, that have 0 methods :p

Besides if you wanna know which makes the most money out of mining/skinning/herbalism, then just check the prices on AH... obviously you have to take into account how hard/easy it is to obtain those mats aswell tho...

Production proffs never really make a lot of money unless you pair them with a gathering proff, but why not just sell the stuff that you gathered then right? Yeah if you want serious gold, there's other methods.
    Edited: November 5, 2016

5. for a new player on thier first character, get either mining/skinning or herb/skinning. and collect everything you can, then sell it on the ah.

6. Imho.. Best for me was charachter combined with full fishing, mining, herbalism. Use gathering addon and make macro to fast change search between mining and herbalism, gather all. Fishing is surprisingly good for profit. Now you have charachter always in place and you can log fast between your main, ah alt, profession alts etc.
    But probably you end sooner or later just buying all mats anyways. Happened to me lol

... But if your first charachter and combine crafting profession and gathering..
    Mining was much more competitive vs. Herbalism.
    Edited: November 5, 2016

7. Grinding horde nibssssssssss and turn it into gems.

8. Skinning level 40-70 mobs is the best gold maker in terms of raw mat's available, also leather is used by multiple professions while leveling them to 450 makes these mats somewhat valuable.

9. Mining is indeed the most profitable one, but tons of people have it and a lot of cheaters are taking the ores daily.
    Leatherworking is the second best alternative, but it requires some gear in order to kill large groups of mobs, so you just camp it as long as you want.
    Herbalism is somewhat profitable there's a lot of lowbie herbs that cost 100-150g each (way profitable than the end-game herbs that everyone farms).
    Fishing is the most uncommon way to make gold, because it requires a lot of babysitting, but it can net you plenty of money once you get it past 300.

Just check AH what's expensive or with low supply and go farm it.