1. +1 on taking back those cute titles:D

2. I'm not able to confirm nor deny this topic. I'm aware that it is a popular and controversial one. But I would like to point out that it is a concern of ours that we don't want to encourage botting/cheating/etc. to farm honorable kills. We feel that the transmog scrolls is a better incentive system, as it requires you to win the battleground to get it, rather than just purely from kills. Even so, this sort of thing isn't exactly high priority either. So, as of this moment, I'm unable to give a confirm or deny of the topic as I said before, but I can say that we recognize the topic and will keep it in mind for the future.
    i hope noone minds that i answer to an pretty old thread, but what if u give the players those titles for a specific amount of bg wins (if thats even possible) rather then giving them titles for hk´s (this might also change the way people play bgs ). just a suggestion

i know the staff has more important stuff to do atm , i just hope u might remeber this idea if u have the time to think about stuff like that ^^

sorry for my bad english and happy holidays!

3. vanilla title system with standings would be so nice to have i mean its only some visual title nothing gamebreaking

4. I vote for PVP titles on Lordaeron!

5. So when were these disabled?

You are saying that on Icecrown, my Lieutenant Commander is forever stuck at that?

After reading through the thread, taking these titles away and adding scrolls for rewards has not changed one bit of the random player's gameplay. It is still run headstrong into opposing enemy mob like rambo. Objectives are hardly accomplished unless with premade, EVEN THEN premades are formed just to farm HK's (warbringers garbage)

Is there anything else you would like to strip from pvpers?

Edit: It also did Not cull the cheaters/hackers.
    Edited: January 23, 2017

6. Yea, I vote too. Titles are so unique.

7. Would love to see them return as well!

8. Well if a player wants to cheat to get something, he will cheat no matter what. Be it on pvp or pve basis a cheater is still a cheater. But by removing something neat as the pvp titles, you are making like 10k honest players suffer, just to narrow the chance of 20-30 cheaters to cheat in something. I really would like to see the pvp titles back. Thats a big motivation for doing battlegrounds after all. :)

9. From what i know there are only two kind of exploits to farm honorable kills.
    First one is to have a BG bot. I don't think anybody would take the risk to run a BG bot for months just to get pvp titels. Most botters only run their BG bot to gear up and then stop using it.
    The other exploit is to have three chars, each on a different acc, the main char keeps killing the second char while the third char keeps ressing the second char again and again. This exploit should be easily trackable with a honorable kill statistik on the armory since its always the same char thats getting killed.

I don't see how cheating would be a reason to not bring the titels back.
    Edited: January 28, 2017

10. From what i know there are only two kind of exploits to farm honorable kills.
    First one is to have a BG bot. I don't think anybody would take the risk to run a BG bot for months just to get pvp titels. Most botters only run their BG bot to gear up and then stop using it.
    The other exploit is to have three chars, each on a different acc, the main char keeps killing the second char while the third char keeps ressing the second char again and again. This exploit should be easily trackable with a honorable kill statistik on the armory since its always the same char thats getting killed.

I don't see how cheating would be a reason to not bring the titels back.
    Good observation.

I don't know of any ways to 'cheat' to get HK's but I don't understand how this logic works here.

Arena players caught cheating for titles are stripped and banned. NOT the titles are removed from game.

BG players caught cheating for titles are banned? Lol no. BUT the titles are removed from game.

Really absurd and unfair to many many people, especially the ones who solely BG.

11. Good observation.

I don't know of any ways to 'cheat' to get HK's but I don't understand how this logic works here.

Arena players caught cheating for titles are stripped and banned. NOT the titles are removed from game.

BG players caught cheating for titles are banned? Lol no. BUT the titles are removed from game.

Really absurd and unfair to many many people, especially the ones who solely BG.
    Nicely put! It's like lets ban hunting because of poachers. Just ban those who cheat and that's good enough. Even if they run unbaned, why should all the other players who do their stuff legally suffer, just because a couple of jerks have decided to cheat ? They will just find something else to cheat on...
    I really want to see those titles back. Pvp-ing is just not the same without them!

12. +1 for titles, for reasons stated above.

13. Given that non blizz-like features have been added (transmog...) would it be possible for Warmane to just add Rated BGs (queued using an NPC) and reward rating with the previous pvp titles.

It is basically the Cataclysm system, just using a special NPC to queue. I agree there is a lot of work needed to implement this, but just think of the improvement to the wotlk pvp environment if we can get Rated BGs. Would completely set Warmane apart from any Wotlk server there has ever been in the past, and will be in the future, as well as help with MANY others issues. We would see a decrease in geared 10 man premades killing lowbies in random BGs, and we would give top PvPers a way to have guild wars.

Really hope Warmane considers this, as the lack of Rated BG is why I rarely play Wotlk anymore and prefer MoP.

14. Because if someone cheats to get 2394723984729832497 HKs and beat everyone else on the ladder, like exactly what happened when we displayed the HK ladder on the armory in the past, those numbers can't just be erased. It'd be nice if it were as easy as that, but it's not.
    There is a smart way to implement this and to avoid exploitable farming of it. Unlike the system it used to be by awarding titles depending on the HKs a player has, you can change the criteria to amount of BGs a player has won which is registered in each player statistics for example the Grand Marshal/High Warlord can be awarded when the player wins 100 matches in all battlegrounds (veteran achievements) that's 6 BGs on WotLK without Wintergrasp = 600 wins or simply not to be ralated to the specific bg win so it will work only as a counter of total BGs won no matter which ones. This is how the cata system work and will definitely motivate players to actually participate in the BG objectives and win the match instead of farming HKs and ignoring the objectives in order to win. There is no better way than this and titles can be back again please consider this ;)

15. Damaroy, I like that idea a lot.

First 12345 ... Last