1. Could be. Unless they do not want to resurrect to get killed again. And it would be hard to prove that they were not simply afk and not using AH right before being killed.
    Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing so I parked an alt and I figure if nothing else I can casually scare people leveling

2. Purchasing a specific type of item in less than 1 second definitely sounds like something that could be done with Auctioneer and definitely can't be tell if it's a bot or not.

If you were right and they were "indistinguishable", how did Blizzard manage to ban the N-AH sniping bots?

Using some common sense helps solving the problem.

3. Blizzard could have detected bots by simply watching for scan time intervals, people are never consistent

4. Purchasing a specific type of item in less than 1 second definitely sounds like something that could be done with Auctioneer and definitely can't be tell if it's a bot or not.

If you were right and they were "indistinguishable", how did Blizzard manage to ban the N-AH sniping bots?

Using some common sense helps solving the problem.
    Botting won't let you scan AH any faster than addons would. There is a server side limit of around 1 request per second. An addon can use that and botting does not help with that. Scanning last page with Auctioneer is limited by the addon to 1 request per 3 seconds but that can be changed by modifying the addon or creating custom addon. The only part where botting could be used is confirmation. And if you have the WoW window active and you are ready to confirm the purchase with mouse click or button press it can be done around 0.1 - 0.5 secs slower than by botting.

It's impossible to prove by another player. It might be possible to detect with the anti-cheat system that WoW has built in. But doesn't seem like the new core uses it. And even if it does, its configuration might not be able to detect everything.

I have been using Auctioneer in similar way before. But in regular AH not neutral AH. Mostly to get the mats I need a bit cheaper but also items posted at wrong prices were popping up sometimes. Without any botting, just key binding to confirm purchase. And it can be pressed within 1 second of Auctioneer finding the auction.

5. There are 2 bots out there that have capability to repeatedly scan for epics and snipe them instantly.

It's very likely there was a bot sitting in some neutral area like bootybay/winterspring/Gadge.

Tips for GM's. You can see lvl 1-5's bots ocassionally inside the building (lowest level) near inn of bootybay.
    Edited: November 8, 2016

6. There are 2 bots out there that have capability to repeatedly scan for epics and snipe them instantly.

It's very likely there was a bot sitting in some neutral area like bootybay/winterspring/Gadge.

Tips for GM's. You can see lvl 1-5's bots ocassionally inside the building (lowest level) near inn of bootybay.
    This is why it's better to save up points for a faction change.

7. Botting aside... it's not bannable for me to hang out by the ah and check for cheap epics is it? I don't sit there all day, but sometimes I'll swing by and try my luck at grabbing something that someone is careless about.

First 12