1. As everyone else said, soloQ is not 2v2 or 3v3, it's more similar to a game of LoL.

The MMR system actually works perfectly on low ratings and has problems on high ratings, not the other way around. On high ratings the rating won is too high and doesn't account for the 32 match rule when difference between consistency is higher thant 1:31.

If you can't get higher rating, it means you have either:

1. not played enough matches for the basic rules of statistics to be relevant
    2. are not good enough to have higher rating

Solo Q depends on this and statistics even more because due to random teams it's practicly impossible to have 100% win rate even if you play perfectly.

Keep that in mind and git gud.

[edit]: Also I would like to take thid moment to mention that MMR is not some artificial number you should work towards, MMR reflects your skill and it's original intent was to match you against oponents of similar skill and it is not supposed to go up simply by playing a lot. If you (anyone) get stuck at certain rating, it means you are that good and you need to get better if you want higher rating.

Also rating rewards consistency, and the reason you specifically have problems at low rating might not neceserilly that you are not skilled enough but that you are not consistent enough.

Imagine two players and a hypothetical 1v1 Shadowpriest bracket (only shadowpriests lol :D, just to explain this). When they duel, they come out with even amount of wins. (eg. 10 wins out of 20 duels)

But one has much higher rating than the other. Why is that?

When they fight oponents of the same skill, they both have the same win/loss ratio.
    But when fighting people of lower or higher skill (!!!) there is a difference. One is more consistent and wins a lot more vs both less and more skilled shadowpriests (this is not very possible in 1v1 since 1v1s are not that random, but in soloQ it will be much more apparent due to the random nature of the bracket) than the other one, he will obviously have higher rating...
    Edited: November 14, 2016

2. honestly, you just need to get out of the 1500 mess and it's smoother, plus matchmaking system is really important imo at the start, e.g if you have a disc on your team vs dk/warr it's pretty much a loss no matter how much you "peel"

3. honestly, you just need to get out of the 1500 mess and it's smoother, plus matchmaking system is really important imo at the start, e.g if you have a disc on your team vs dk/warr it's pretty much a loss no matter how much you "peel"
    This is the point. Since the wipe i lost all my WF equip (including shoulders and legendaries) and now Im nothing different than a fresh 1500 created char and i get matched with them obviously. I found the best way to get some rating is play ShP, (im at 1650 now, because luckily my class is kinda able to "carry" partners), i usually play Disc but I simply cant, its enough difficult to survive and play as disc, imagine doing that with 2 totally newbies without any knowledge of 3v3 (or 2v2...), not be able to dispel a hoj/repentance/seduction/fear/off-heal when they just need to press one button, but I guess the divine storm or the lava burst button is way more important.. Its kinda like "im playing a dps class, i must do dps only, if someone dies=healer's fault!!!!". At the end of arena i see elemental shamans doing like 3k healing when i was tryint to tank double meleee with mortal strike (or even 75% with unrelenting assault),..If they would do a bit of off-heal they can do insane amount of healing, shaman is a very flexible class maybe the best for 3v3. When i play with Shp im never TOP damage or can do 100-0 like a destruction or an elemental, but i do A LOT of CCs, peel, offheal, and thats how I/we usualy win..and not everyone understand this when playing hybrid classes (shamans, retri, shadowp). I play shadowpriest? I must stand in middle and dps, kinda like 80% of warriors, or typical rogues that dont understand how rogue should work, they think its some kind of warrior, dk, smashing buttons...and thats why u barely see rogues above 1600 rating.

Im agree that as Disc im pretty much dead against TSG or WaR-DK-x, but i accept it..what i can't really stand is people going in middle blind-folded and watching only their target.

Some days ago i shielded a rogue with PW:S, waiting him to sap, had him in target to check the stealth buff, so in case he would have been spotted i could mount run and do something, and guess what? While shielded, and in stealth, he used Cloak of Shadows. This made me sad and demoralized. I can't even leave arena because of 30min deserter, and anyway I dont like this kind of play. I don't ask godlike rogues vanishing blinds or warriors intercepting succubus or spellreflecting polys, but jesus, cloak of shadow in stealth, and shielded, is people trolling or just mentally ******ed? And rogues in 3v3 please stop queing unless u know your job, its like "hehe i created a rogue now i will duel every retri paladin and own them", same thing. Its a suicide, dont do 3v3 rogues.

As already said, make 3v3 available to people who already achieved some 2v2 rating/exp at least (like 1800?)..you are sure then they know the basics, at least...Some guys are totally CLUELESS and i guess they play here when icecrown crashes or something, this has NOTHING to do with old AT, nothing.

I play here just for fun with friends, im not "tryharding" anymore because I dont see the point (and I have already done it in shiny AT years and I'm happy of what i've achieved even if now there is no trace of that, other than my screenshots). One friend of mine took like months to do 2400 in soloq for the same reasons i wrote, and his W/L ratio is pretty bad to be honest compared to his rating.
    Edited: November 17, 2016

4. "its not hard to see when someone is scripting or if someone is just playing good. Like grounding totem random and hunter istant destroys is it in 0.1 seconds, intentionally EVERY single time"
    Everything that is possible to do in the game, is most likely done by someone consistently. You should always have this mind set when trying to become better at whatever the case is. The fact that you refuse to believe that a simple task like this is impossible to do without hacking already tells what type of a player/person you are.
    https://www.twitch.tv/homerjayoriginal - He does exactly this very consistently on stream.
    First: i dont care about watching homerjay streaming, I know he is a good player.
    Second: werent u the hpal playing with a scripter warrior on icecrown? pretty sure you are, this makes sense, "we are just good" is your "hackers" universal reply to any suspicious question.
    Third: I didnt say "omg he is an hacker" just because he killed a totem or did somethig really fast. Take for example a retri paladin versus a rogue, they look each other standing still doing nothing, at a RANDOM point, TOTALLY random, at melee range, the pala HoJ rogue and rogue Cloaks it. And it happens 100% of times. Would you still reply to me the same story that the rogue is good and I refuse to accept it because im a random 1400? Please.

As already said: neither hydra can swd every blind, but "somehow" he got r1 every single season on retail, and also went to blizzcon (more than once if i remember right). Tell me in which year these "AT Godlike reflexes heroes" went to blizzcon and I may trust what you wrote. Just name me one of them.
    Come on I'm waiting. Its more likely Swifty qualfifies for official blizzard tournaments than these private server heroes.

5. There's also a difference between being aware of how arenas work and being able to - consistently - use that knowledge in practice.

Practice really is the key here. And since we're talking about soloq, persistence; you just have to accept the fact that you'll lose a certain percentage of games for no good reason. In time, everyone ends up playing on a rating they deserve.

Watching replays of high rated players and talking to them, asking them questions is also huge. No one will tell you to **** off if you ask a sensible question. Most of them are actually quite friendly.

6. There's also a difference between being aware of how arenas work and being able to - consistently - use that knowledge in practice.

Practice really is the key here. And since we're talking about soloq, persistence; you just have to accept the fact that you'll lose a certain percentage of games for no good reason. In time, everyone ends up playing on a rating they deserve.

Watching replays of high rated players and talking to them, asking them questions is also huge. No one will tell you to **** off if you ask a sensible question. Most of them are actually quite friendly.
    Sorry, but I wanted to talk about this issue in deep, what u said is what everyone says to a random 1600 players who cant figure out how to become better, I dont want to sound cocky and i'm not here to tell you or anyone else my max rating, my titles or anything else, you can think what you want about me BUT PLEASE dont reply with stupid answers like "ask gladiators" "watch streams" "u need practice".
    And again, as everyone, you avoided the "rogue vs retri" example. If you relly thinks that case could be legit, get some cure to your brain sorry.

7. First: i dont care about watching homerjay streaming, I know he is a good player.
    Second: werent u the hpal playing with a scripter warrior on icecrown? pretty sure you are, this makes sense, "we are just good" is your "hackers" universal reply to any suspicious question.
    Third: I didnt say "omg he is an hacker" just because he killed a totem or did somethig really fast. Take for example a retri paladin versus a rogue, they look each other standing still doing nothing, at a RANDOM point, TOTALLY random, at melee range, the pala HoJ rogue and rogue Cloaks it. And it happens 100% of times. Would you still reply to me the same story that the rogue is good and I refuse to accept it because im a random 1400? Please.

As already said: neither hydra can swd every blind, but "somehow" he got r1 every single season on retail, and also went to blizzcon (more than once if i remember right). Tell me in which year these "AT Godlike reflexes heroes" went to blizzcon and I may trust what you wrote. Just name me one of them.
    Come on I'm waiting. Its more likely Swifty qualfifies for official blizzard tournaments than these private server heroes.
    Well you should watch some homerjay, since you still refuse to believe its really easy to growl the groundings.

No I do not play with any hacker warrior on Icecrown.

I don't see your example being relevant to this threads theme of soloq system and not being able to push rating in soloq, but I would call someone who 100% of the time does something pre-emptively a scripter. Growling a grounding totem is not pre-emptive though. You press your growl bind when you see grounding totem buff, simple as that.

And to your last question, blizzard does not host wotlk tournaments so you can propably figure something out of it. Although former "AT Godlike reflexes heroes" who play the newer expansions have gone to regionals and even blizzcons (Raiku).

8. No I do not play with any hacker warrior on Icecrown.

Warmane jokes 2k16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADpko5a5jE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hlaDamzts

Outskill Warrior in deadly gladiator gear in S7
    http://armory.warmane.com/team/lf+pv...daeron/summary

http://armory.warmane.com/team/lf+pv...ecrown/summary Icecrown (Machine=Iove)
    http://armory.warmane.com/team/how+c...ecrown/summary (Fatgern=Machine)
    (do not even look at their dmg in each games, you wont believe XD)

And cba even consider "hack" the usage of the Virtual Studio to track if any high mmr team in que, or simply any 3s team at all.
    Edited: November 18, 2016

9. Warmane jokes 2k16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADpko5a5jE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hlaDamzts

Outskill Warrior in deadly gladiator gear in S7
    http://armory.warmane.com/team/lf+pv...daeron/summary

http://armory.warmane.com/team/lf+pv...ecrown/summary Icecrown (Machine=Iove)
    http://armory.warmane.com/team/how+c...ecrown/summary (Fatgern=Machine)
    (do not even look at their dmg in each games, you wont believe XD)

And cba even consider "hack" the usage of the Virtual Studio to track if any high mmr team in que, or simply any 3s team at all.
    you dont even have to go this far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6A4i0LqaSE

from his own pov the most obvious situation is at 0:22 onwards

10. Well you should watch some homerjay, since you still refuse to believe its really easy to growl the groundings.
    I don't refuse to believe it's easy to growl a totem, or for example mind soothe a spell reflect, what u think im ****ing blinded and i can't see enemies buff/debuffs? Im talking about reaction time. It's obvious I can spell reflect>Mind Soothe a vampiric touch just by fake casting, waiting for buff and Mind Soothe, what is NOT obvious is the spell reflect at 0.00001with scripts at end cast of vampiric, same thing with overpower at 0.00001 of start cast. But OK LETS WATCH EVERYONE HOMERJAY AND LETS LEARN HOW TO PLAY, SCRIPTS ARE JUST CRAZY THEORIES LIKE 9-11AND MOON LANDING! SORRY!

No I do not play with any hacker warrior on Icecrown.
    Oh ok then, I was waiting a reply like "Yes i do, i script and my warrior scripts too, but this will be our secret ok?"

I don't see your example being relevant to this threads theme of soloq system and not being able to push rating in soloq, but I would call someone who 100% of the time does something pre-emptively a scripter. Growling a grounding totem is not pre-emptive though. You press your growl bind when you see grounding totem buff, simple as that.
    The grounding totem was an example, and i may have choose the wrong one, but you get the point. And I think it's kinda relevant to the thread because once u start gaining rating you start to see things like that, weird relfexes time and other, that is clearly not just "predict" or "super fast reflexes". Everyone with a bit of brain and exp can notice how dirty top ranks play.

And to your last question, blizzard does not host wotlk tournaments so you can propably figure something out of it. Although former "AT Godlike reflexes heroes" who play the newer expansions have gone to regionals and even blizzcons (Raiku).
    Yea Raiku. Ok. Someone else?
    Is shinta booked for next blizzcon? Tell me more. Or tetrasepta (warlock)? ---Or how the hell he is called I don't even remember..---

Anyway, back to the topic, i went to 1700 and i still see people with hard mental problems, so I don't know, if you enjoy this kind of games good for you, if you like to spend 400 games to do 2300-2400 (xD!), GOOD FOR YOU! Any other server where i play im above 1700 with no problems at all, and with a W/L that has nothing to do with blackrock's one. This is not AT. This is the new molten-heroes realm, with kids coming back from school and trying new classes while eating chips.

I give up, best wishes to everyone =)
    Edited: November 18, 2016

11. Should just make MCH again in soloQ. Every 2nd game is ****ing tsg vs priest or rsham

12. TBH the hardest part is to get out of the dumpster range at 1500-1800 once you get past 1800 is getting so much easier. Its undescribable how much easier is to get to 2k from 1.8k compared to get to 1.8k from 1.5k. To be specific iam talking about true soloq and not duoq since if you can find a competent team mate for duo que the escape from the trash bracket is very easy.

13. Should just make MCH again in soloQ. Every 2nd game is ****ing tsg vs priest or rsham
    buff warriors

First 123 Last