1. Is Lordaeron a more enjoyable experience than Icecrown?

Hello there! I'm currently a lvl 74 human warrior on Icecrown but it does not feel like a place that you could call home so far. I was wondering how it feels like to play on Lordaeron and if it's worth rerolling? :) thx!

2. In my opinion Lordaeron is a better experience with the community itself. I started and got as far as lvl 64 but work + university did not allow me to proggress as desired so I left for Icecrown. If I only was a student I'd definitely switch back, I had a lot of fun going through content that's otherwise forgotten with Icecrown current exp ratio. Only thing I'd add to Lordaeron is the RDF, but other than that it's cool.

3. My experience so far although I've been on and off because of exams, has been great. There's a niceness as in when u are doing things other players will casually just show up because of massive pop and help you. There's a friendly community which makes me able to call this server home because they make the time in between raiding and fighting enjoy full. Each player is decently competitive which makes collecting gear worth while and meaningful because there are plenty to test it against. I've played on many private servers and this is the first that I've felt sort of at home. It gives a sense of belonging and what happens here is meaningful.

4. Its a bit slower on Lord. But that's the whole point! On lord i feel like i can relax and just play for fun in a way i never have been. I have always tried to max out all my chars and switched classes like i switch underwear. But here it is to slow for me an the time i have to spend to do that, so i stick to my main. Instead i have begun to explore places and content i never have taken my time to explore. I have even tried to do all seasonal achievements just because here i feel like it could be fund and worth having them, since i wont change toon every month. Also i get calm by the low rates. For me it is to slow to just power through the lvls with the little time i have to play, so i just chill and do whatever i feel like doing. I will be 80 eventually, it just takes some more time.

On icecrown on the other hand... I tried it in a weak moment. Just logging in and strolling through Stormwind and realisering that to be able to compete here, i have to be BIS geared. Thats the big turnoff for me. I find it to be fun to gear up and go throught content to be able to do so. I dont wanna feel useless and a waste of space till the day im BIS. And at that point i would feel done with my caracter and move to a new one.

Then there is the pvp side of it all. On icecrown you WILL get 3-shotted by bis warriors without resil. I would be fine with that if i knew that the person had earned that gear the right way. Then it would be his/her privilege to do so. But to face that and know that hi/she created the toon a few hours ago.... At that point im out!

5. Instead i have begun to explore places and content i never have taken my time to explore. I have even tried to do all seasonal achievements just because here i feel like it could be fund and worth having them, since i wont change toon every month. Also i get calm by the low rates. For me it is to slow to just power through the lvls with the little time i have to play, so i just chill and do whatever i feel like doing. I will be 80 eventually, it just takes some more time.
    I've been 80 on 3 different toons, and has reached 70 on 2 others, while I have about 2 level 40. On top of that, inside each of these level ranges is a warrior toon :v (I just have all that time I guess :l). Oh, and yes, all of them are gnomes, like the DK main in my profile pic here

The funny part... see I'm a bit new to WoW so I don't know all the locations and where... is that on each of these toons, I always encounter something I haven't discovered before, quests I've never done, etc.

Like how I just recently discovered that there is a town of gnomes in Blade's Edge on my warlock.... or how I discovered some Iron Dwarves settlement in Grizzly Hills on my mage...

6. It seems that the population on Icecrown is always 2-3x more than Lord, so one would think that about 2-3x as many people prefer it. It really comes down to personal choice.

Icecrown:
    Larger Population - Probably means more/faster queues for PvP in arenas and BGs, as well as PUG raids. I wouldn't know because I haven't played there, but I think it's a reasonable assumption.
    Faster Leveling, Professions, Rep - Instant gratification; most (not all, but most) people play the game for the endgame content, and you spend less time on Icecrown grinding levels, rep dailies, and all that stuff.
    Pay to Win - You can buy pretty much anything there, including BiS weapons and other items. Again an instant gratification thing, but it's a double-edged sword; you can roll any class, get it to 80 quickly, and instantly start raiding/pvping with the best items, but almost everybody else does that too so if you don't feel like dropping 150 coins on a Heroic Shadowmourne/Oathbinder/Falin'Rush/Valanyr or whatever you might feel less competitive than you'd like. From what I hear there are more warriors with Shadowmourne than not.

Lordaeron:
    Smaller Population - BG and arena queues are pretty steady during EU times, but fade when you get into late NA times
    1x Rates - Personal preference here. If you're the type that "enjoys the journey" as much as the destination, this would appeal to you.
    No Pay to Win - You have to work for your items, which takes longer but gives more satisfaction I would think. You also won't feel like you HAVE to buy stuff to compete.
    "Hardcore" Raids - The raid content is all buffed on Lordaeron to varying degrees. I'm not up to date on the exact numbers now but for awhile during Naxx and Ulduar, raid mobs all hit 250-300% harder and had 250-300% more health than retail values. This means PUGs are very risky, and only a handful of guilds complete hardmode/heroic content while it is current/relevant. ToC isn't as bad as Naxx and Ulduar were, but you pretty much want to join a steady guild if you plan on raiding often.

Those are the main differences that I can recall right now. Other people can add things that I may have forgotten to mention. For me personally, I hate the buffed raid content, but I hate P2W even more. Additionally, I wanted to play with 1x rates and relive all the content of WotlK without hopping straight into ICC and having nowhere to go from there (Lord is in ToC content now so that will soon be a moot point for new players anyway). I chose 1x rates and no P2W over normal raiding, and I'm pretty happy with it. Any online gaming community is going to have both ****ty people and great people; you will make friends if you spend enough time playing. I'd base your decision on where to play on which of the servers' unique features appeal to you more. Cheers and good luck.

7. Lordearon:
    After Ulduar, population dropped from 12k (+3k queue).
    This was caused by:
    1) after it has come that warmane staff was supporting one guild more than others, which ofc led to dissapointment of all of us who used to play on this realm (there is evidence for this).
    2) realm first means nothing on this realm, it has 0 value here, as far as just only 1 guild is available to kill HC mode, which led to dissapointment again. This is how it was working on Naxx and UD season, TOC seems more serious.
    3) one of the biggest mistakes of this realm is, that Lordearon staff just released content too soon, before it was truly ready and working, dissapointment again.
    4) I can say, that this realm is OK now, but the thing is, that it is just too late. It should be ready that day when lvl 80 comes out, now it is just toooo late.

If I would want to start play again in this moment, I would not choose this realm. The reasons are above.

8. Ah yes I forgot to add that Icecrown has RDF and Lordaeron does not. For me personally it is not such a huge issue as I think finding dungeon groups in global chat can be faster than RDF most of the time, particularly for DPS. It's a big turn-off for others though.

9. Yeah i have noticed, but so far i've found a lot of helpful lvl 80s who run you through dungeons if you have many quests there, so kudos to those guys!

10. Lordearon:
    After Ulduar, population dropped from 12k (+3k queue).
    This was caused by:
    1) after it has come that warmane staff was supporting one guild more than others, which ofc led to dissapointment of all of us who used to play on this realm (there is evidence for this).
    2) realm first means nothing on this realm, it has 0 value here, as far as just only 1 guild is available to kill HC mode, which led to dissapointment again. This is how it was working on Naxx and UD season, TOC seems more serious.
    3) one of the biggest mistakes of this realm is, that Lordearon staff just released content too soon, before it was truly ready and working, dissapointment again.
    4) I can say, that this realm is OK now, but the thing is, that it is just too late. It should be ready that day when lvl 80 comes out, now it is just toooo late.

If I would want to start play again in this moment, I would not choose this realm. The reasons are above.
    5) Merge of Deathwing/Ragnaros server on which lots of players were waiting for it, and probably this one made the biggest impact, who knows...