1. Why is there no catchup conquest?

It was in the game during 5.4, so why isnt there one? Even blizzard removed the artifical gating of the gearing process of alts who started late, why is it different here?

2. Because there is no reason for one, and it was not introduced for alts.

3. 2hard to scirpt right >?

Ofc there would be a good reason for normal conq point system like it should be since retail introduced it at mop. Maybe you could get bigger player base like hopefully a bit more as 1000ppl + at peak times and not spending 3 months of arenas to get fully geared.

It was introduced for every character you had so you could get into arena season anytime you wanted.
    Edited: November 11, 2016

4. 2hard to scirpt right >?

Ofc there would be a good reason for normal conq point system like it should be since retail introduced it at mop. Maybe you could get bigger player base like hopefully a bit more as 1000ppl + at peak times and not spending 3 months of arenas to get fully geared.

It was introduced for every character you had so you could get into arena season anytime you wanted.
    Yeah, not to mention if something does not go in the right direction, it is disabled for good and hope to be forgotten. Like AV and Strands, those BGs WERE open here and a few others said the same thing, sadly they were closed and Silvershard Mines was given to us instead. A lot of doable low lvl quests were good and now disabled and or un-doable.

Would be good if there were some fixes to these things instead of sweeping it under the rug.

Also

BG info still says 270 honor and 180 cp when this information is not correct, would be nice if this was fixed after 2 years, along with low lvl bg/arena bug.

5. Because there is no reason for one, and it was not introduced for alts.
    Well, for people late into the season then. And there very much is a reason, it takes 3+ month to get full pridefull - which is fine if theres no one out there with 550, but not when half the server has it. You cant compete in arenas if you dont have proper gear if you arent a rogue.

On retail this was the very reason there was a catchup mechanic in place, that no matter when you started you werent to far behind due to this, the second the first person got 550 the catchup conquest was at over 10k so they could get at least the basics. Which is totally missing here. If a fresh 90 dings here he should at least have a 20k conquest cap pending, not 2.2k.

6. There is a way, but warmane is playing around with the 3 year old bug.

Low level BGs, you get capped faster and gain sometimes more than the usual cp. 70-74 is currently active and I believe since the famous guy of the brackets is now unbanned, 85-89 is sort of here again.

The thing is these BGs/Arenas help people out more because they get their cp, and if they want, they can go to 90 and get all their gear. One of our best monk healer ended his 70s career here with 89k conquest points, the second he hit 90, he was well then ready to be geared up 100%, only thing he needed was a taxi to the wall.

@BlueAo

Please man, those bg/arena bugs, we were told it was fixed, but it persist and it is the only thing hurting us more than 450 weps. I believe there is a number of tickets and enough vote up for this to get looked at, war-games is also still disabled, along with strands and AV, which were open for like a day a few months ago.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/6593 it says 85-89, but it effects ALL BELOW 90, AND THOSE ABOVE LEVEL 45 so the 45-89 range of players all suffer from this bug.

7. Because there is no reason for one, and it was not introduced for alts.
    When did we start needing a reason to fix bugs.

Patch 5.3 introduced conquest catch up, as can be seen in below post

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...6272076?page=1

There is also no mention of the system not being available for alts, do you have any blue post confirming that conquest catch up only worked for mains? I only played 5.4.8 with a main character so cannot speak from experience, but the lack of catch up here is definitely a bug.

@op you should post on bug tracker. Feel free to use above link for proof/formula (note formula is for 5.3, and may have changed in 5.4+)

8. When did we start needing a reason to fix bugs.

Patch 5.3 introduced conquest catch up, as can be seen in below post

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...6272076?page=1

There is also no mention of the system not being available for alts, do you have any blue post confirming that conquest catch up only worked for mains? I only played 5.4.8 with a main character so cannot speak from experience, but the lack of catch up here is definitely a bug.

@op you should post on bug tracker. Feel free to use above link for proof/formula (note formula is for 5.3, and may have changed in 5.4+)
    Sad truth is that this will never happen, nor will warmane even put this.

9. Sad truth is that this will never happen, nor will warmane even put this.
    That's not true at all.

What is true is that posting on forums will not get it fixed. You need to get it posted on the proper channel used to talk about bugs. This is a bug, and should be reported as such on the bugtracker, not the forums.

As for if Warmane fixes it, I think they will fix. It might not be a priority because they don't feel that way, but if you can convince all of the MoP player base to vote it up, I see no reason for Warmane saying they will not fix it.

10. I think what he is impliying is that its not a bug but they decided to leave it out on purpose so people donate for gear as otherwise it would take months to get geared. I hope that isnt the case though.

11. You know we'll be in same season (gear) forever, right?
    I do not see it as a meaningful thing, or a positive one.
    Edited: November 12, 2016

12. You know we'll be in same season (gear) forever, right?
    Despite having same gear, we do have different seasons and catch up should work accordingly. It is definitely a meaningful thing because Prideful vs Grevious gear was balanced according to this mechanism. Whether a bug is positive or not should have no bearing on it getting fixed, we should be fixing bugs regardless, no?

13. You know we'll be in same season (gear) forever, right?
    Firstly, its how it was back then. That alone is reason enought to implement it. Secondly, the fact that we are in the same gear forever makes it matter even more, although it shouldnt be season dependant but a flat 20k+ catchup for new characters. You cant compete with 522 gear - you need 540+ to have a chance if you arent only playing vs double dps 2s. Blizzard knew that and thus it was as it was - and here it should be the same!

14. Interesting subject... I had no idea about it.

You know we'll be in same season (gear) forever, right?
    Despite having same gear, we do have different seasons and catch up should work accordingly. It is definitely a meaningful thing because Prideful vs Grevious gear was balanced according to this mechanism. Whether a bug is positive or not should have no bearing on it getting fixed, we should be fixing bugs regardless, no?
    Agree. After all, the server is 'blizzlike', isn't it?

15. I have taken the initiative to make a proper bug report.

123 Last