1. Shadow Priest with Spell Penetration GEMS in PvE

For a few raids with my new addon MSBT I've been using i see that sometimes my spell are being resisted. Not fully but % of the damage. So that means that the creeps/bosses that i am damaging have magic resistance. How much i don't know and i don't think it matters. So this is what i was thinking, what if instead of 12 spell power and 10 spirit (blue) GEMS that i am using right now i get the spell penetration ones. I mean i know i am going to lose spell power, but my spells are getting resisted for 500 damage or if i crit its about 1000-2000 damage. Did anybody try this?

Thanks!

2. Regardless of your spell penetration, all bosses have chances of completely resisting your spells. I think it is 3% or 5%, can't recall. Spell penetration has no effect.

3. Regardless of your spell penetration, all bosses have chances of completely resisting your spells. I think it is 3% or 5%, can't recall. Spell penetration has no effect.
    I am not talking about completely resisting my spells, what worries me is when they resist 20%-60% of total damage that my mind flay does or Vampiric Touch.
    This is why i think bosses in ICC have shadow resist, so i was thinking about countering that with spell penetration.

4. Bosses (so targets with a higher level than you) have a 2% mitigation per level difference which cannot be overcome with spell penetration, essentially meaning that even if you used spell penetration gems they would not help you.

5. Plus it's a bug already written in the Bug Tracker.

6. Thanks. I tried with spell pen gems, and my dps went down. I had no idea why. Really! THANKS!

7. Thanks. I tried with spell pen gems, and my dps went down. I had no idea why. Really! THANKS!
    You misread it man... you need to use Armor Penetration, 100% legit my dps increased ever since.

Bosses (so targets with a higher level than you) have a 2% mitigation per level difference which cannot be overcome with spell penetration, essentially meaning that even if you used spell penetration gems they would not help you.