1. For a 1x server there is an incredibly large pop on Lord. Yeah the pop has dropped ,but that's because the system is sorting through the players that want the Lord experience. It seems to have balanced at 6k with a steady rise as more 1x players see the community and quality offered here compared to other private servers. In all honesty 12k pop on a 1 x server was unrealistic. Majority of players back then were infatuated with the hype so they joined. But now the pop has settled down as players have been weeded out. I am incredibly happy with the current pop as retail servers other than the top 2 on us and eu will never be more than 4-5k . I play on the 4 largest realm on Eu and its lucky to get 4k. The balance on Lord is 50 50 ,there is no Que and an incredibly healthy pop. Its the largest pop for any 1x realm.

the players who left Lord are the ones who prefer the icecrown style. they tried lord but settled on 7x rates. they are not the ones to reach out to:P If u really want more numbers to compete with ice crown, and note that high rate realms always have larger pops, then you will have to reach out to other 1x and 2x private servers and convince them that wotlk is the best expantion, Lord has the best scripts, the community is great and the numbers make Lord feel alive and homely.

2. The pros of Lord (from what I've read and from my perspective) are they have a friendlier playerbase/community, and are much more Pve focused. But the lack of RDF (I know, it wasn't released in retail till ICC, which isn't released on Lord yet) and the "buffed instances" making top-end raids wipe-grind-fests with all but the best of players (again, that's what I've read)...meh, not sure if it's worth the effort of grinding through 1x rates. Still debating rolling a toon over there at some point, but it's not high on my priorities.

3. The pros of Lord (from what I've read and from my perspective) are they have a friendlier playerbase/community
    indeed, maybe those players, who are "We r l33t, hardcore raiders, hurr durr, we kill buffed dragons, hurr durr, go back to ur p2w realm" are just myth? (no they arent lul)

4. I would do it for gold and cool items
    C-can you not? Please leave the forums.

5. Ragnaros and Deathwing players survived with 3.5k pop during peak times so you'll be fine.

Furthermore, Icecrown and Lordaeron are targeted at completely different crowds so just swapping realm like that is never going to happen.

Also, f*** levelling.

First 123