1. Retri PVP

I don't know if I'm THAT bad in pvp but recently the more I play arenas the more stupid this looks...
    I'm at 1100 resilience, 2 items still rele, others are wrath, including a pve belt and boots. I'm often dueling around to get better at 1v1ing but I cant remember the last time i actually crit for more than 1000, while at the same time being destroyed within the first 2 seconds. Yesterday I confronted a death knight in bis pvp gear that 2shot me. I couldn't do anything except just altf4....

Is resillience bugged to all hell or what, is there something I'm missing that rets can do? Sometimes feels like I've got a curse of weakness on me at all times...

</rant>

2. 1100 Resil and a dk 2 shot you, Sorry your lying.

3. Well, can u link ur armory pls?
    A decent geared Ret paly has at least 30k hp and a high amount of resilience when pvp geared. In addition ret paly has several defensive cds such as bubble, hop, etc... Its also possible to switch to a caster one hand and shield to boost the defensive and healing even farther.
    After all ret paly is one of the classes with the best survivability.
    If u would play a enh shami or moonkin u would have reasons to complain but not as ret paly...
    Edited: November 13, 2016

4. Well, can u link ur armory pls?
    A decent geared Ret paly has at least 30k hp and a high amount of resilience when pvp geared. In addition ret paly has several defensive cds such as bubble, hop, etc... Its also possible to switch to a caster one hand and shield to boost the defensive and healing even farther.
    After all ret paly is one of the classes with the best survivability.
    If u would play a enh shami or moonkin u would have reasons to complain but not as ret paly...
    hey a Geared enh shammy popping hero is not to be sniffed at they tickle the hell outa you and heal with dem instant heals very annoying like a fly lol.

5. hey a Geared enh shammy popping hero is not to be sniffed at they tickle the hell outa you and heal with dem instant heals very annoying like a fly lol.
    Enh has no life saver cd such as bubble, iceblock, dispersion, etc and the smallest healthpool of all melee classes.
    As enh shami u dont even have the option to use much pve gear because u need tons of resilience to survive.
    I cant think of any class with worse survivability, doesn't mean that enh isn't viable though.
    Edited: November 13, 2016

6. I don't know if I'm THAT bad in pvp but recently the more I play arenas the more stupid this looks...
    I'm at 1100 resilience, 2 items still rele, others are wrath, including a pve belt and boots. I'm often dueling around to get better at 1v1ing but I cant remember the last time i actually crit for more than 1000, while at the same time being destroyed within the first 2 seconds. Yesterday I confronted a death knight in bis pvp gear that 2shot me. I couldn't do anything except just altf4....

Is resillience bugged to all hell or what, is there something I'm missing that rets can do? Sometimes feels like I've got a curse of weakness on me at all times...

</rant>
    What composition are you playing for arena? I assume you're playing 2's? If you're playing with a DPS partner, you really should try and get some more resilience, and don't auto-engage and get yourself killed in your opponent's opener like you would 1v1. If you're trying to do double-DPS 2's arena and you're just running in, stunning, popping wings and yelling "YOLO" at your monitor, you're doing it wrong. That is how you get yourself farmed.

7. Yeah I've been playing with a hunt and feral, when I did start i was almost fresh into pvp so I did the yolo wings, but even after I stopped that I've been having troubles... I've always been a pve player so I maybe don't have the right train of thought in a fight. Guess it's time to camp in front of Stormwind and duel until I learn it :D I even remove SM that I have for pve and just go with a Quel'Delar that I had so I don't look like an absolute ******.

8. Yeah, practice will help you a lot. As for practicing in duels, keep in mind two things. First, a duel isn't going to properly represent what you should do in arena. It may help you do damage to people, but that is only one of the three major facets to a Ret. Second, don't play to win. Instead, focus on practicing certain strats for dealing with people. If you happen to lose, just means that person is more likely to duel you again so you can practice more.

Your #1 priority is staying alive at all costs.

Playing with a Hunter and Feral, you have to be able to support your partner. That is your #2 priority. Try and help protect them from enemy burst (CC can be used here if necessary) by using your healing and utility skills. Hand of Freedom, for example, is particularly strong for a Hunter. All of your hand abilities, healing skills, Sacred Shield, Cleanse, etc. so on and so forth, are very important to your partner. You have them for a reason! Use them!

The last priority, which is attacking your opponents. You can regularly hit people with Judgment (especially if Judgment of Justice is necessary) to help keep your mana up. But otherwise, you will be hiding from the enemy - or trying to, until their damage CDs are gone. At which point, you can go more on the offensive. Use your Avenging Wrath to help secure a kill with the help of your partner. Never use it to try and force someone to get low, as it has a chance of backfiring. When fighting a double-DPS comp like Rogue&Mage for example, you win by out-lasting your opponent.

Or at least that's what happens at competitive-level. If you severely out-class your opponent, then by all means, go and YOLO them to your heart's content.

9. Yeah, practice will help you a lot. As for practicing in duels, keep in mind two things. First, a duel isn't going to properly represent what you should do in arena. It may help you do damage to people, but that is only one of the three major facets to a Ret. Second, don't play to win. Instead, focus on practicing certain strats for dealing with people. If you happen to lose, just means that person is more likely to duel you again so you can practice more.

Your #1 priority is staying alive at all costs.

Playing with a Hunter and Feral, you have to be able to support your partner. That is your #2 priority. Try and help protect them from enemy burst (CC can be used here if necessary) by using your healing and utility skills. Hand of Freedom, for example, is particularly strong for a Hunter. All of your hand abilities, healing skills, Sacred Shield, Cleanse, etc. so on and so forth, are very important to your partner. You have them for a reason! Use them!

The last priority, which is attacking your opponents. You can regularly hit people with Judgment (especially if Judgment of Justice is necessary) to help keep your mana up. But otherwise, you will be hiding from the enemy - or trying to, until their damage CDs are gone. At which point, you can go more on the offensive. Use your Avenging Wrath to help secure a kill with the help of your partner. Never use it to try and force someone to get low, as it has a chance of backfiring. When fighting a double-DPS comp like Rogue&Mage for example, you win by out-lasting your opponent.

Or at least that's what happens at competitive-level. If you severely out-class your opponent, then by all means, go and YOLO them to your heart's content.
    Thanks so much for the info. I've been practicing a lot last few days only going 1v1 with my friends. In arenas im playing with someone I know so we have voicechat and it's much easier to coordinate and do something useful, but the 1v1s were my problem. Guess not playing pvp at all just makes you not think about some things in fights. It's just gonna be a long grind of duels for me :D
    Thanks again.

10. yo /w jaymal and im gonna hook you up with kewl tricks and ****

11. hey a Geared enh shammy popping hero is not to be sniffed at they tickle the hell outa you and heal with dem instant heals very annoying like a fly lol.
    7.2k Divene Storm 2.7k mele and 2x1k SoR=11.8k damage in an instand while my MS stacks need like 6 sec to get instant heal for half that damage...

12. This is how i felt on my Ret Pally but then my gear started to finally come together and now its a lot harder to kill me. Now I can stand a while 1 v 2 and 1 v 3 unless its a spell caster. I still have a long way to go too with my gear.

13. What composition are you playing for arena? I assume you're playing 2's? If you're playing with a DPS partner, you really should try and get some more resilience, and don't auto-engage and get yourself killed in your opponent's opener like you would 1v1. If you're trying to do double-DPS 2's arena and you're just running in, stunning, popping wings and yelling "YOLO" at your monitor, you're doing it wrong. That is how you get yourself farmed.
    If more people can see this..