1. Make SOTA great again.

Hello, I am Justmarried, the GM of the pvp guild VIRTUS. Mainly doing PvP and most of the time BG's, I came across a troubling fact. After encountering players (mainly pve bis geared ) in a demolisher and quite often seeing them kill everyone around them only with 1-2 spells, I have decided to open up this thread to ask your opinion on this matter. I believe that most of the community would agree on this matter, that the damage buff makes Strand of the Ancients unplayable and just seeing it pop makes people want to leave the BG. Some of you may say "But wait, the cannons hit for 10k", that is correct but when the player in demo can hit up to 30k quite easily, the cannons don't matter at this point simply because they can be dealt with rather easily. Also I am sure that this is a step forward on improvement, we all know that the key to success is by working together, so I ask rest of you, for your opinions so together we can accomplish a better PvP experience and make SOTA great again.

P.S This post is meant to share your opinion regarding to this specific thing, keep hate to yourself.

Best regards.

2. When you see full resil stacked people get melted in 2 hits its a joke.
    +100 Make Strand Great Again.

3. I agree that the damage is a lot, but if you want to encourage teamwork I think it should stay as is - being that the best way to counter this is by coordinating CC's on players in the demos.

When queing with a premade PvE geared players in demos are especially easy to counter as a little coordination results in them being dead within one short CC. I can empathize with your frustration being a melee class in this BG. It's definitely favored to range.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to bring 1-2 competent RDPS to your premades instead of just trying to stack lolmournes and heals to the point of faceroll? :)

4. I agree that the damage is a lot, but if you want to encourage teamwork I think it should stay as is - being that the best way to counter this is by coordinating CC's on players in the demos.

When queing with a premade PvE geared players in demos are especially easy to counter as a little coordination results in them being dead within one short CC. I can empathize with your frustration being a melee class in this BG. It's definitely favored to range.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to bring 1-2 competent RDPS to your premades instead of just trying to stack lolmournes and heals to the point of faceroll? :)
    Well, in terms of alliance premade you can't que more then 5 due to que time. Coordinating CC with players that are within BG, well I think we all know how that goes. Also even sometimes these 5m small premades end up with 5 dps because instead of looking up for healers so proportion is 1heal=1dps, people that simply want to join bg are invited. As for buff itself, not that it needs to be removed, but perhaps decreased.

5. Some of you may say "But wait, the cannons hit for 10k", that is correct but when the player in demo can hit up to 30k quite easily, the cannons don't matter at this point simply because they can be dealt with rather easily.
    Btw, the cannons are also bugged. I assume that they also overscale with the gearscore similair to demo passengers. It happend to me that i got two shotted by cannons that deal 15k dmg per shot.
    Edited: November 15, 2016

6. Hello

I would like to add that the demolishers have too much speed, i mean cant get them in feral form... c'mon...
    The turret damage is just silly. is this some kind of warmane sorcery????

7. Hello

I would like to add that the demolishers have too much speed, i mean cant get them in feral form... c'mon...
    The turret damage is just silly. is this some kind of warmane sorcery????
    Oh lol, completely forgot about this bug. Ret palys moving around in demolishers with 115% movement speed and cant be slowed. Its a complete nightmare for any melee class. One hit and the demo is already out of range lol.

8. I agree that the damage is a lot, but if you want to encourage teamwork I think it should stay as is - being that the best way to counter this is by coordinating CC's on players in the demos.

CC requires being in range, we are talking about Hunters with max range spec. Guess what oh gonna fear him? jk silence shot.
    You clearly have never seen full bis people even melee dps on a demo can **** people, I've seen prot paladins that love to go for the amazing build that lets there avenger shield crit for over 20k in a demo. It's a joke and needs to be fixed.

9. Disable sota. Make warsong great again.

10. IMO I don't care about the 1% damage buff per item level on retail. On retail there wasn't a massive population of bis characters. The buff scales too damn far, I'm sick of it.

And for those who say use teamwork, I'll make you a deal. I'll log my bis pve hunter or arcane mage, get some friends with the same kind of characters, and you get close enough to attack.

EDIT: If anyone wants to compare this to the multiboxers you're missing a fundamental difference: I've beat the multiboxers with 2 people.
    Edited: November 15, 2016

11. +1

Even tho I'm RDPS this is still ******ed. It's makes SOTA a joke. Not to mention chasing demos when I play on Melee class. Warmane did a good job on fixing IoC (yes, I know there are still some bugs, but it's not ******ed like it use to be), but SotA is still a cancer.

I can understand that Warmane focus mostly on PvE bugs, but PvP is still a huge part of WoW, and things like this should not be ignored for this long.

Make SOTA great again? Make PvP great again!

12. CC requires being in range, we are talking about Hunters with max range spec. Guess what oh gonna fear him? jk silence shot.
    You clearly have never seen full bis people even melee dps on a demo can **** people, I've seen prot paladins that love to go for the amazing build that lets there avenger shield crit for over 20k in a demo. It's a joke and needs to be fixed.
    How do you know what I've seen or not seen? Your level of ignorance is astounding. I am full BiS. Most of the PvPers on this server are full BiS. Lol. Didn't know silencing shot was spammable? Maybe don't run at a PvEBiS geared hunter as a clothie without any support like a ****ing *****. Silenced? He's stuck riding a goddamn siege engine how about you back up a couple of steps until it wears off? Run at him in the open with that strat and he's going to shove your **** back up your *** regardless of being on a demo or not.

This is why you fail at SoTA. Not because of damage buffs. You are completely devoid of common sense or talent. It's why 2v2 is so big on this server - the majority of PvPers here are only capable of killing red **** as opposed to actually thinking strategically or playing objectives.

@justmarried Just run a 1/2/2 setup (1mdps, 2rdps, 2heals) man. It's a better setup anyways imo. Hell even go 2/2/1 with a spriest or good ele and a ret pally for support. All you guys do is stack shadowmournes and you're surprised that you're struggling against RDPS on a map favored to RDPS? Leave the melee train in arenas. Ranged will always be the king of BGs. Especially SoTA. Taking zero in your groups just leaves you open to and deserving of getting beat by them.

Off-topic: we seriously gotta get on nerfing that amazing prot pally build its ****ing gamebreaking man LOL

13. Well, i found quite an awesome bug just in recent bg's. When you enter cannon with rocket boots and exit it, you still have increased speed great huh.

14. While you're at it I just wanna say i love smacking some 16k+ conflagrates and 14k+ chaos bolts, makes me feel like I'm in icc with my lock. (yea, i switch gear to pve before entering cannons)

15. Implying people don't literally get one-shotted.

123 Last