1. Assassination vs Subtlety vs Combat for pvp?

Which is better for:

1v1
    2v2
    3v3
    BGs

2. sub

(because somehow /10chars is infractworthy i am editing this into this post)
    Edited: November 28, 2016

3. Subtlety for everything, really! I guess if you already have Sub gear and want to have a 2nd talent spec, just get combat weapons, as they both work with ArP gems.

4. Sub is love sub is life.

It works great with both AP and ArP stacking, imo if you are focusing on solo content/bgs or a arena comp with only physical dmg go stack ArP with combat as second spec. On warmane you face a lot of plate dps in all fields of pvp, so if you have no partner with spell dps, ArP is the way to go.

If you focus hard on arena with a solid comp (Spriest/mage/paladin/shaman partner) you should stack AP, that way they will do solid dps on the plate and you will rape the cloth players. With AP stacking you should roll a Assassination offspec.

5. Also sub is by far the most fun spec of the 3, the mobility of the others is sooo **** its super annoying.

6. Sub is love sub is life.
    It works great with both AP and ArP stacking
    post combat log against plates as AP stacking rogue
    would like to laugh

7. 1v1: Sub. (Specific variants of combat can be of use in some special situations if you're being a duel hero)
    2v2: Sub when geared. (Assa can be easier to get higher rates with while gearing on this server.)
    3v3: Sub. (Assa may help (force) you to work on positioning and is viable)
    BGs: Sub.

If by better you mean better at the best gear for the purpose and in the majority of situations, then the answer is sub for everything to do with PvP.

Sub also happens to be the only spec which isn't brainlessly simple and boring.

AP stacking is simply bad as sub, it's not about plate even, assuming "very good" gear, you're going to do less damage even on frost mages, priests with inner fire up (i.e. all of them) and any geared lock which switches to demon armor.

However, while a DBW, thanks to the big chunk of ArP, will give you the biggest flat damage increase if you aren't over capping, it is nonetheless a very debatable 2nd trinket for many other reasons and should not be assumed to be optimal.

8. Stay away from arp gems untill you get decent offests and trinkets with arp.

9. AP stacking is simply bad as sub, it's not about plate even, assuming "very good" gear, you're going to do less damage even on frost mages, priests with inner fire up (i.e. all of them) and any geared lock which switches to demon armor.
    It is not true, arp is just for plate armor, with ap gear u do way more damage to non plate armor classes.
    U want arp over ap because 60% or even more players plays DK, Paladins and Warriors.