1. Has Bone-Link Fetish gone too far?

1 ambush.

Not saying it's bugged or anything, these crits come from fully buffed 410ilvl sub rogue and bone-link fetish on rogues was a thing since retail 4.3.

My question is, are you okay with being one-shotted potentially in a single gcd? Do you think removal of that particular item from rogues would overall improve the experience in the pvp scene?

Thread made by a pve nerd that farmed dragon soul heroics since molt-down with over 1000 madness heroic kills for that single bone-link fetish to drop.

P.S. I have already checked discussions on retail forums regarding the trinket and yes it critted 100k there too with the right procs.

P.P.S. Since it was done in an ambush there were no landslides/tailoring procs up.
    Edited: November 15, 2016

2. max dmg done with normal buffs is 45k in pvp. sooooo i have no clue what the **** are you talking about.

p.s.
    get some resiliance

3. max dmg done with normal buffs is 45k in pvp. sooooo i have no clue what the **** are you talking about.
    Usually in pvp it does 50k-60k, 45k-ish is the damage it would do if most people didn't run around in mixed pvp/pve. Also clothies at least do die in 1 gcd, and the rest generally die in 1 kidney.

Finally, take into account that most rogues carrying bone-link right now have the normal version and usually with full cata and normal nokaleds at best after getting/ninjaing it from pugs which i've already seen many getting it from.

You can't deny bis rogues carrying this trinket are nearly game-breaking for the pvp scene.

p.s.
    get some resiliance
    Got a full cata set as well, did this test on my pve set to see what's the potential of the trinket. However there isn't much difference in wearing full cata and full pve 410, for me it's just a 490 agility loss.

4. Do you think removal of that particular item from rogues would overall improve the experience in the pvp scene?
    Totally, the rogue would actually have to learn his classe instead of just pressing all buttons that his forehead can reach.

max dmg done with normal buffs is 45k in pvp. sooooo i have no clue what the **** are you talking about.
    Yes because 45k from 1 single item sounds very reasonable. Most rogues who use BLF (if not all of them) just open with every single CD possible in the oppoenent, if he doesn't die just vanish and start again. One more time... sounds very reasonable.

5. if he doesn't die just vanish-> trinket swap* and start again.

6. max dmg done with normal buffs is 45k in pvp. sooooo i have no clue what the **** are you talking about.

p.s.
    get some resiliance
    Comes from BLF Rogue who lost to an arcane mage bg hero in 1v1.
    p.s.
    get good nevermore

7. I got hit a 70k in 50k resilience bear form while flag carrying a rated bg xd. Never before have i died that fast

8. On some level you have a point, there's a reason why you can't donate for blf on a rogue. However, people have invested a lot of time getting this item, and considering the low drop chance this is not really an issue in my eyes. Yes I know the number of people who have it now has increased a lot lately but that's inevitable on a private server that stays on the same patch and expansion. To be honest it wouldn't be fair to remove or block it from rogues, and it goes against warmanes idea of keeping the server "blizzlike". There are probably hundreds of things they should focus on instead to make both pvp and pve good. If you don't like playing with your blf now that you have it, its not hard to take it off and use another trinket. I do that often. And I'm not saying all this because I got blf myself, in fact I play all 10 classes and I find it fun to face a blf rogue, especially when I'm healing. We need a good challenge every now and then.

9. However, people have invested a lot of time getting this item, and considering the low drop chance this is not really an issue in my eyes.
    Well, it is an issue when this specific item crits for 45k. You play Thug so you probably know how broken can BLF be. Basically you can 1shot everyone in one single open (45k BLF + 40k Aimed Shot + 40k Chimera Shot + 3x20 Hemo = 185k).

10. Well, it is an issue when this specific item crits for 45k. You play Thug so you probably know how broken can BLF be. Basically you can 1shot everyone in one single open (45k BLF + 40k Aimed Shot + 40k Chimera Shot + 3x20 Hemo = 185k).
    learn how to play maybe. thug is easy as **** to counter as a lot of things.
    ever ask yourself why thug is nonexistent on the ladder? teehee
    blf isnt an issue, the people who dont know how to react to it and just complain are the issue

11. Lol people who play with BLF are ******ed as **** I cringe so hard when I see rogues play with them I even saw a mage using one and yes I am not joking but to be completely honest it does not matter they farmed it they can use it but at least nerf it kthx

12. Cunning was nerfed b/c it used to be op at one point.

13. Cunning was nerfed b/c it used to be op at one point.
    Yes but Cunning is desinged to be op, it's how blizzard made it and they never nerfed it on retail 4.3 too.

14. Well, it is an issue when this specific item crits for 45k. You play Thug so you probably know how broken can BLF be. Basically you can 1shot everyone in one single open (45k BLF + 40k Aimed Shot + 40k Chimera Shot + 3x20 Hemo = 185k).
    Thug can be countered easy, I don't know from what planet you came from but seeing your "duel guide" all I can say is: you're stupid.

15. Thug can be countered easy, I don't know from what planet you came from but seeing your "duel guide" all I can say is: you're stupid.
    Bakura created a simple dueling guide to help ferals that are having trouble vs some classes. Simple guide, but also good. Rogues using bone-link forces you to use cds to early during the fight. I've seen bone-link crit a shadow priest for 65k and he was almost full pvp with one pve trinket. Keep in mind that dueling and arenas = different. Your partner should be able to peel you from the rogue opener. It takes a good partner to peel it.

123 Last