1. Well, it is an issue when this specific item crits for 45k. You play Thug so you probably know how broken can BLF be. Basically you can 1shot everyone in one single open (45k BLF + 40k Aimed Shot + 40k Chimera Shot + 3x20 Hemo = 185k).
    Hmm yes and no. It's true what you are saying, but thats just thug in general. You can "oneshot" in a opener with Vial of Shadows as well, just takes an extra global cooldown (1 more hemo and/or arcane shot). Even with my welfare rogue that has no heroic pve pieces and VoS 397 verison, 2400-2500 rated dks drop dead in a garrote easy. There are ways to counter it though, and there are ways to counter blf rogues as well. Like I lost some games because my blf was breaking cc, not by mistake but simply because the ppl we were facing was smart enough to stay close to eachother. And as for rogue vs. feral 1v1, I rarely use the blf at all because it has a 30 second cooldown and if the druid is smart he will be in bearform every proc. The best feral I ever faced was Simbo from horde and I couldn't beat him with blf equipped. Only time I won was with Vial of Shadows.

Don't get me wrong though, I agree that blf can be stupid, but I don't think its breaking pvp.

2. learn how to play maybe. thug is easy as **** to counter as a lot of things.
    I'm not saying I couldn't beat it, I'm just saying its stupid. I know what comps I can play and what can I do to counter them.

ever ask yourself why thug is nonexistent on the ladder? teehee
    Actually I know why thug is nonexistent on the ladder, but probably you're the one who doesn't even know how this ladder works or how it used to work. I will try to explain you anyway, Psiho used to play thug with Emil and being the r1 every single season, but for some reason they stopped playing together and Psiho started playing with Serene (Yea, basically all that Jungle you see in the ladder are from them). To be in the top 10 in neltharion it doesn't really matter what comp you're playing but who you are and with who you play.

Thug can be countered easy, I don't know from what planet you came from but seeing your "duel guide" all I can say is: you're stupid.
    So, for what you're saying here, and for what you said in my "duel guide", I can tell you're a Hunter... But not just a simple hunter, a really bad hunter who's failing to play as Thug and loses every single duel to ferals.
    Thug can be easily countered BUT STILL, it doesn't mean its not OP. It has a very good start, an amazing CC and if the hunter is good enough it can have a good turtle (maybe its your problem here that you're failing).

Hmm yes and no. It's true what you are saying, but thats just thug in general. You can "oneshot" in a opener with Vial of Shadows as well, just takes an extra global cooldown (1 more hemo and/or arcane shot). Even with my welfare rogue that has no heroic pve pieces and VoS 397 verison, 2400-2500 rated dks drop dead in a garrote easy. There are ways to counter it though, and there are ways to counter blf rogues as well. Like I lost some games because my blf was breaking cc, not by mistake but simply because the ppl we were facing was smart enough to stay close to eachother. And as for rogue vs. feral 1v1, I rarely use the blf at all because it has a 30 second cooldown and if the druid is smart he will be in bearform every proc. The best feral I ever faced was Simbo from horde and I couldn't beat him with blf equipped. Only time I won was with Vial of Shadows.

Don't get me wrong though, I agree that blf can be stupid, but I don't think its breaking pvp.
    Well yes, you have a point, BLF can break CC but most of the times that doesn't even change the situation, why? You will have to agree with me that BLF, like most of the trinkets here, usually proc at the first seconds of the combat, when you didn't even have landed a trap/scatter/bad manner/blind. In this situaton it can still break the first Sap if they stay together, but as a Feral you're not starting with a Sap on me so it doesn't make any difference.

I also need to agree with you in the fact that I've made a really bad example, Thug its a 1shot opening comp and it doesn't really need the BLF to improve its power. There is many other comps where the rogue using BLF will benefit more.

3. Lmfao, whoever defends blf and explains how to "counter it" is ****ing ******ed.

Go face decent rm or thug with blf and watch how you die in 3 globals.

You can "counter it" by playing mongoloid feral / disc tho.

4. Honestly BLF is really broken; a free, non-counterable 45k damage is too op especially for rogues who already do insane damage. There is a good reason why Warsong --a PvP server-- had limitations on BLF. And I can say with generosity that ~80% of PvPers know that all these PvE proc items have no place in competitive PvP. All these items do is reward mongo tactics and give players less of a reason to learn their class.

5. if you think items like blf are fine and healthy for the game you shouldnt be allowed to pvp :-)

6. its funny, how everyone *****es about blf on rogues (which you need crazy luck and dedication to get in the first place) but the outcry wasn't nowhere near this when rets were bugged for 2 years or enhas still are.

#makepvpgreatagain

p.s.
    gonna be funny when they relase golad and tiriosh in 2025

p.s.s
    bis rogue trinkets for actual pvp over 2k is badge and vos k thx bae
    Edited: November 17, 2016 Reason: irony

7. First of all the item can't be removed b/c its part of the expansion and part of cata pvp. Like I said before, having a good partner to peel you is key. I want Warmane to release legendary daggers and legendary staff already. I waited too many years for that item. AND if they do.... I wish the quest are added and not via coin shop.

If you don't like PvE items @ PvP. Please do yourself a favor and go to another expansion.

8. No point complaining, its just how the expansion is..

And honestly, its not just rogues, but every class has some OP pve gear and basically 2-3 shotting each other (No I dont play rogue)

Warmane wont stop it, cuz retail was like this too, and ofc they make money off people buying these items, so I dont blame them.

So just accept it and move on :D

9. First of all the item can't be removed b/c its part of the expansion and part of cata pvp. Like I said before, having a good partner to peel you is key. I want Warmane to release legendary daggers and legendary staff already. I waited too many years for that item. AND if they do.... I wish the quest are added and not via coin shop.

If you don't like PvE items @ PvP. Please do yourself a favor and go to another expansion.
    Want to shock people?
    Cata was the expansion with the least amount of PvE Gear in PvP.

Wrath was littered in PvE gear, as was MOP (although PvE gear was scaled to a set Ilvl within instances).

10. its funny, how everyone *****es about blf on rogues (which you need crazy luck and dedication to get in the first place) but the outcry wasn't nowhere near this when rets were bugged for 2 years or enhas still are.
    What are you talking about? There was a lot of threads about Retri's censure damage. Actually I even made my own thread talking about it: (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=321955).

bis rogue trinkets for actual pvp over 2k is badge and vos k thx bae
    Thats why you tried to play RM with BLF for the 1shot purpose right? :p

Wrath was littered in PvE gear, as was MOP (although PvE gear was scaled to a set Ilvl within instances).
    I always love when people say they will leave cata to play wotlk because "we have to many PvE items".
    Edited: November 17, 2016

11. Want to shock people?
    Cata was the expansion with the least amount of PvE Gear in PvP.

You're not wrong and I just don't understand why people QQ too much.

12. What a ****storm this thread turned out to be...
    So back to the main point of the thread, what is your opinion regarding the possibility of banning pve items in Arenas?

From what i know, people weren't able to que arenas on Warsong while having pve items equipped(correct me if i'm wrong) which i think would be great to implement on Neltharion as well, seeing the majority of the community's outcry -as being negative- regarding pve items in competitive pvp enviroments.

However looking at this from warmane's perspective, banning pve items from being used in Arenas would mean a potential loss in cash since that would cause(in their eyes) a major lack of interest in purchasing these popular pve items, which i disagree with since in my point of view most people that buy pve items to use in pvp spend most of their time facerolling bgs while the grand majority of top rated arena players use the Elite weapons, which ultimately would mean an increase of interest in these elite weapons which in my opinion would bring more money in considering the people that donated pve items already, would pretty much just go ahead and buy the elite weapons as well. Finally the pve items used for pvp package would simply change to the elite package so there isn't any real cash loss anyways in implementing such a system.

P.S.: Make cata elite requirements to 2.2k rating in 2s and 1.8k rating in 3s, these items have been unobtainable by normal means since forever.

13. What a ****storm this thread turned out to be...
    So back to the main point of the thread, what is your opinion regarding the possibility of banning pve items in Arenas?
    Not a good idea as many classes like ret and hunter need pve 2 set in pvp. Also as a healer it's sometimes sometimes better to use windward or unliving (mostly for humans who don't need cc trinket)

14. So back to the main point of the thread, what is your opinion regarding the possibility of banning pve items in Arenas?
    Even tho I think some items are OP as hell, I still find it the best way to make PvP more challenging and dynamic. Its boring when everyone has the exact same items. In the other hand I think Rogues should not be allowed to use BLF for the obvious reasons.

From what i know, people weren't able to que arenas on Warsong while having pve items equipped(correct me if i'm wrong)
    Thats not true, I never had any problems to queue arenas with PvE items on warsong.

Most people that buy pve items to use in pvp spend most of their time facerolling bgs while the grand majority of top rated arena players use the Elite weapons
    They use Elite Weapons because they didn't have any other choice, that chars came from Warsong, and they couldn't buy the HC PvE Weapons, which make the Elite Weapons worth it. The chars that were made here, in neltharion still have the HC ones.

First 123 Last