1. Low level problems

Hey everyone, I just joined Warmane recently (although I played Molten a long long time ago), and I'm having some trouble at low level with my first toon, my gear is seriously lagging behind my leveling pace. I still have some gear level 5 stuff at almost level 30. I'm playing DPS so finding dungeons is almost impossible, I'm leaving zones after a few quests, the gear drop rate appears to be at retail levels because I've been farming monsters and found nothing. What does everyone else do?

2. I find this is quite common...usually I do an area/zone until I've done most of the major questlines/chains in that zone before moving on...by doing so, I out level most of the quests/mobs I'm killing (most quests are green/grey on turnin when the chains are done), before moving on to the next zone of appropriate level. This way, my lower level gear doesn't really hinder me till I reach Outland, where the first few quests can be a bit difficult, but they reward MAJOR upgrades and after a few quests your gear catches up rather quickly.

3. Thanks for your response I will try that out :) It's a shame it has to be that way, it will slow things down a bit but that's alright.

4. I really recommend you to use gathering professions, so you be able to sell them in AH and get lots of money out of it.

5. Depends on your class, but anything bar a rogue basicely can beat equal leveled mobs with no gear at all. Just level up as fast as possible, till 55 or so a level usually is 1 or 2 quests.

6. Thanks for the recommendation. I have indeed started a gathering profession.

7. The best thing u can do is joing dungeons the moment u turn 15. and keep doing every couple of lvls. Obv the w8in times are not ideal but luckily the x7 rates make passing through low lvl areas fast.
    Got a friend who is feral but had almost no agi gear till lvl 40 so he felt forced to go boomy. W/o dungeons finding the right gear will be hard at these lvls.

8. The best thing u can do is joing dungeons the moment u turn 15. and keep doing every couple of lvls. Obv the w8in times are not ideal but luckily the x7 rates make passing through low lvl areas fast.
    Got a friend who is feral but had almost no agi gear till lvl 40 so he felt forced to go boomy. W/o dungeons finding the right gear will be hard at these lvls.
    That worked awesome on retail, but on private i doubt u can que all day long RDF from level 15 to 80 ( i did that with few char on retail because i had enough of the same quests over and over again, also, blue items non stop <3 )

The time you spend in que you did already 10 levels like..The problem as already said 100 times, is you can't put a 7x (or 10x, or 5x) server exp rate, and leave the drop rate 1x (or worse than retail..because on retail I remember you could actually see many green/blues by killing random ***** bears, and at level 10 you were already with all bags, 6-8 slot, and almost every armor equipped (helm and trinkets were the last and hardest to obtain)).
    So, good luck, try to do level 58 fast, once you are in outland things will change and quests will start to give u weapons, armor and everything, same for northrend. Vanilla sadly lacks a bit talking about quest rewards..you should do like every quest in the zone to have a gear that matches with your level...

9. Just make your own equipment. That's how I dealt with my Rogue's gear problem when leveling up.

10. That worked awesome on retail, but on private i doubt u can que all day long RDF from level 15 to 80 ( i did that with few char on retail because i had enough of the same quests over and over again, also, blue items non stop <3 )

The time you spend in que you did already 10 levels like..The problem as already said 100 times, is you can't put a 7x (or 10x, or 5x) server exp rate, and leave the drop rate 1x (or worse than retail..because on retail I remember you could actually see many green/blues by killing random ***** bears, and at level 10 you were already with all bags, 6-8 slot, and almost every armor equipped (helm and trinkets were the last and hardest to obtain)).
    So, good luck, try to do level 58 fast, once you are in outland things will change and quests will start to give u weapons, armor and everything, same for northrend. Vanilla sadly lacks a bit talking about quest rewards..you should do like every quest in the zone to have a gear that matches with your level...
    Not related to the post.
    I just want to say that your picture sums up my childhood when playing in Wotlk back in retail. LMFAO