1. Time is money.

Hello people. I just want to know if I should start playing on Lordaeron. I read so many posts saying the server is dying, and I can't afford donating for Icecrown right now, and I don't wanna waste my time leveling when the server ends up dead. Thanks.

2. Well, people tend to dramatize much, especially on forums, and ESPECIALLY about Lord's pop and server settings... However, ill give you facts: Server is having about 6.5 - 7k players at peak hours, and somewhere around 2 - 2.5k players at, like 4 and 5am server time. Is it half of Icecrowns pop? Yes it is. But is it a dead realm? Well, you should really come to conclusion by yourself. :D

3. Hello people. I just want to know if I should start playing on Lordaeron. I read so many posts saying the server is dying, and I can't afford donating for Icecrown right now, and I don't wanna waste my time leveling when the server ends up dead. Thanks.
    Before the TOC release the peak hours was at 5k, now it is somewhere between 6-7k. So I guess the population increased for some moment.
    Now the population seems to be very stable, and I would not call it dead as other people say it is.

No one really expected a 12.000 population on Lordaeron, but when the realm reached such a high population that became the new "standard" to how many players there should be on a server. One year ago, people would never ask for more people, 5-7k population one year ago was insane.

4. The population is more than fine, ppl call it dead because they have seen it at the point where it was full at 12k and you had to wait 2k other players in queue but it has dropped to a quite average population. To be honest that 12k online was kinda bad for those who needed to level their char or their professions. You will still be able to find a group for everything you need - from a 25 raid, to a legacy raid, to a low-level dungeon and even to a random not-so popular quest and so on.

5. It is the highest pop that you will find on a 1x wotlk private server. I once dreamed of a private server with 3k ppl. This one has 6k. There is no way in hell that someone could call that dead. If so then 95% of retail realms are dead ,because apart from the top 4 realms, they all have between 2-4k. So this realm is extremely well populated. Any one who says the server is dying is generally the over paranoid or dramatised trying to get people to leave lord and go to their server. Or ever people from other servers trying to undermine the credibility of this server.

6. Keep this in mind, back when Warmane was Molten the population cap was at 4k across all realms and everyone was content with it.

Now look at the population now then decide if it is "dying".