1. People in retail also most of the time don't want to upgrade to a different expansion. Do they get the choice if it happens? Do they get their subscription fees refunded? Do they give Blizzard back all the time they made use of the game and servers?
    They got choice to go to private servers.Subscription and donation arent same things,subscription is payed to play the official game, donation is payed to maintain server on current expansion and to pay for development(here comes problem we dont see development).and third question-like i said they dont have to give time back cus they payed for game and server.

2. They got choice to go to private servers.Subscription and donation arent same things,subscription is payed to play the official game, donation is payed to maintain server on current expansion and to pay for development(here comes problem we dont see development).and third question-like i said they dont have to give time back cus they payed for game and server.
    All that would just mean you have even less claim to want "refunds" if an expansion gets updated when the servers here are played for free.

3. Would be nice to see a staff member respond to this thread.

4. All that would just mean you have even less claim to want "refunds" if an expansion gets updated when the servers here are played for free.
    Than it means you have even less claim than me ,because i donated to play this expansion ,and i donated to see some development,so are you saying that warmane lying because it says that when you are donating,you donate for server development and for supporting server.

5. Than it means you have even less claim than me ,because i donated to play this expansion ,and i donated to see some development,so are you saying that warmane lying because it says that when you are donating,you donate for server development and for supporting server.
    You donate to Warmane, to support Warmane monthly costs and Warmane development in whichever expansion. There has never been a "donate to this expansion," much less "donate to this specific server."

6. You donate to Warmane, to support Warmane monthly costs and Warmane development in whichever expansion. There has never been a "donate to this expansion," much less "donate to this specific server."
    Idk even why im arguing with guy who got payed from money i donated. Ofc you will defand warmane.

7. Personally? No, I don't. Would you give back the time you used and the fun you had playing? All you achieved using whatever you got with coins? Would you be kind enough to at least give back some of it?
    Yes, I would. If I wanted to try and keep as many players as possible from not leaving Neltharion if a switch to another expansion were to happen that's exactly what I'd do. By not doing so I'm afraid it would just make people mad and reputation would be lost.

You only answered one question. Answer the other two too.
    I'm pretty sure I answered all three of them with that. No, they don't get a choice - Instead they come to private servers such as Warmane.
    They don't get their subscription fees refunded and thats not what we're asking for. Instead, they pay Blizzard roughly 12 dollars a month to get constant, weekly updates and next to 100% server uptime. Neltharion has gotten nothing lately, pretty much.

You really can't compare Blizzard and Warmane. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company meanwhile Warmane relies on donations. There will always be micro-transactions if it's a F2P game (donation/marketplace). What I am trying to say is that Warmane wouldn't even exist to begin with if the people willing to donate wasn't here. Warmane needs it and should therefor try to keep as many of them as possible.

I just think it's wrong. You wouldn't lose anything - just gain reputation and keep the players.

8. Lemme explain to you not to smart brain for economic income. So you refund to people ,many of them donated for 1-2 items. They go to new expansion , and they lack lot of gear,thex want to faster step up in active pvp ,pve scene,they buy 2-3 more items.after few weeks 30%+ realise they missed class /expansion they donate again.

9. Idk even why im arguing with guy who got payed from money i donated. Ofc you will defand warmane.
    Can't you just stay out of this discussion? You're not helping in any way. You need to understand that you donate and it's just that - a donate. They don't owe you anything at all. You could at least try to discuss with him in a nice way if you want anything to happen... Jeez.

10. Idk even why im arguing with guy who got payed from money i donated. Ofc you will defand warmane.
    You need arguments before you can argue.

Yes, I would. If I wanted to try and keep as many players as possible from not leaving Neltharion if a switch to another expansion were to happen that's exactly what I'd do. By not doing so I'm afraid it would just make people mad and reputation would be lost.
    You're going to give back the time and fun? Well, if you manage that I doubt anyone will have an issue with giving you back the coins.
    I guess you didn't pay attention to my questions there, since you seem to be answering as if you were the server manager.

I'm pretty sure I answered all three of them with that. No, they don't get a choice - Instead they come to private servers such as Warmane.
    They don't get their subscription fees refunded and thats not what we're asking for. Instead, they pay Blizzard roughly 12 dollars a month to get constant, weekly updates and next to 100% server uptime. Neltharion has gotten nothing lately, pretty much.

You really can't compare Blizzard and Warmane. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company meanwhile Warmane relies on donations. There will always be micro-transactions if it's a F2P game (donation/marketplace). What I am trying to say is that Warmane wouldn't even exist to begin with if the people willing to donate wasn't here. Warmane needs it and should therefor try to keep as many of them as possible.

I just think it's wrong. You wouldn't lose anything - just gain reputation and keep the players.
    A refund is a refund. Asking for coins back if an expansion gets updated is a refund just the same as it would be if retail pushes an expansion you don't like, with the exception you were forced to pay every month there. The answer they would give you there is the same I'm giving you: you made use of your investment all the while until the update; for it to be "wasted money" we would have to reach into your brain and suck out all that, along with completely resetting your account.

PS: Don't forget you asked my opinion, and that's what you're getting. There has been no word of Cataclysm closing, much less of if there would be refunds or anything. I'd consider it safe to say that a handful of people saying it's "dead" isn't going to override all the people who asked for the expansion to be kept, even in the state it's in.

11. Yeah i mean that is the first time i would give TwoEasy a +1 for his Arguments, but tbh cataclysm is just still alive cause of the PPL that Donate for Transmog Gear and Gear and Mounts they cant get ingame.

Than at all it is just easy math when all active players like 20k Players would just Donate each of them 10 Euros a Month it is 10 Euro * 20000 that are at all 200k Euro a Month and their is not included the guys that donate like 500 Euro for Equip or when i Remember the 6k Dollars Nox Donated years ago for their whole Raidgrp. Warmane is a Money Printing Machine and we all know the Money came years long from the Cataclysm Players and now u let CataClysm die and you kick our *** cause u catched new Players to donate for WOTLK....

BTW Feel Free to Ban my now but it is the Truth....Instead of kicking the PPL´s *** that made Warmane at least as big as it is now u should give them some Reason to stay....

12. If you guys want an expansion where there's a lot of pve items in pvp go play wrath of the lich king, fyi a lot of classes need pve gear to be even viable. if you want 0 pve in pvp go play mop. personally pve in cataclysm is not an issue as it is on wrath of the lich king. just saying.

13. when all active players like 20k Players would just Donate each of them 10 Euros a Month it is 10 Euro * 20000 that are at all 200k Euro a Month
    What's the name of the unicorn who told you that ever happened? You're on some major bad trip if you think most people donate 10 euros, much less every month. Lay off the drugs.

14. Okay fine you tell me im wrong than give me a statistic over all Premium Accounts Warmane has , than each Premium Account even when they just donated to pass queue it is 10 Euro for Warmane and sorry i owe my own Hosting Company i know what u pay for your Servers cause its my Buisness maybe u can blind the 15 year old Kids that dont have a clue how this works but pls come one dont try to say me im dumb....that isnt the best behavior for a Community Moderator....

And when i Remember the 300 Euro i donated with both Accounts i dont want to know how much money other ppl donated...
    Edited: November 24, 2016

First 1234 ... Last