1. Can't we merge with another cataclysm server? Then Warmane don't need to focus on Neltharion and we get more players on the server with maybe a better core? It's maybe even worth going back some patches for better scripts and delete all the Dragon Soul gear and replace it with som RDF HC gear on all of the characters, but you keep your achivments, mount and so on. Just an idea but idk.

2. 1) back to 4.0.6? never
    2) close Cata? never
    3) what about community SQL scripts? I know about Cata project where players can post SQL scripts and if is all OK, scripts are added to live server
    4) can warmane use Trinitycore scripts? Maybe you can fix a lot of low level bugs from Trinitycore scripts

3. i wonder if warmane still has the old 4.0.6 scripts
    when 4.0.6 was active there were 4 realms all population capped
    competitive pvp also balanced, so many 3s queues.
    it was a better game overall.
    pve wise also
    dungeons were relevant and hard and not noob friendly
    i loved it in every aspect

i would start there imidiatly if it would be reopened

4. 1) back to 4.0.6? never
    2) close Cata? never
    3) what about community SQL scripts? I know about Cata project where players can post SQL scripts and if is all OK, scripts are added to live server
    4) can warmane use Trinitycore scripts? Maybe you can fix a lot of low level bugs from Trinitycore scripts
    1 agreed
    2 agreed
    3 staff denied this in a far far past. Might be a solution, but it also adds extra workload to the staff to check the scripts (server will be way more vurnable for exploits this way, safety and ingame).
    4 I guess if it was possible they would have used them already :) A while ago (more than a year) I encountered a quest with bugged tekst, which pointed to an error.... this error only occurs on a certain core (sorry really cant remember anymore). Anyway, it was not trinitycore.

5. I'd much rather see Cata being upgraded to MoP and all coins refunded (make them untradable coins). Been playing here since around 2012, started during 4.0.6 on Sargeras x20. Playing on Cata was a long trip of disappointments and positivity... but mostly disappointments across years.

About bad Cata status: I think main problem comes from Cataclysm expansion itself. The way DS HC proc gear works is terrible, and because of Moltdown alot of people gained access to excessive amount of coins (some people were even selling them for pennys, because they were tradable), so guess what happened, of course fkton of Vials/Nokaleds/Bonelinks/blablabla all the 416ilvl/proc gear/410 bis stat items happened. And from what I remember pre-moltdown Cata was great, back then a single coin costed around 275.000g, now its down to 19.999g on the market.
    But of course pathetic level of development had crucial part at Cata's destruction too. Five-eight months of broken Gurthalak (remember ret+gurth=easy bads?) - major bug who affected PvP and PvE gameplay ALOT. Bone-link Rogues been a thing for two months or more. Alot of world events, achievements, zones, quests still remain unscripted since 4.0.6. Even BWD HC never been fully scripted since beginning of the Cata here. "Old raids port" failed miserably.

After such a long time spent on Cataclysm as a player, I learned to not expect anything from Warmane. Thats why I think Cata will never stand up again, and it should be merged into MoP / at least partial coins refunded to players.

6. More important at this moment would be bring people in, Warmane actually offers decent development quality in comparison to most servers listed on topwowservers.

Increasing the rates and removing the gold cut in 1 January would be nice the same goes to listing Warmane back on charts like Topwowservers and others.

But sadly this won't happen, time to accept and wait for the D day.

7. @Obnoxious

I'm a bit tired of hearing about "donations" and not owing anything to server players.
    First of, call it as you want but "donations" here are more of sale revenues then the donations. Why? By the deffinition of revenue you gotta have the market which we got here. Your good will for giving items to players in return for their donations created the virtual market. We got 2 sides willing to make the purchase, 1 side willing to make the payment for something they will get in return. We got currency (coins) and we got items for which we pay (ign items). And by laws of many countries donations are mostly taken out from taxes and sales arent (so we know why almost all web sites call them donations and represent them as donations). So you can call it all you want "donations", those arent donations. So since those are sales you owe your customers (idc about refunds so im just pointing few things for those who actually care or want refunds in case nelth goes mop). (if you think that im talking s*it check IAS 1 - part revenues, IAS 18, IAS 37 - donation reservings, accounting EU directives, tax law of any EU country).

ps. we dont want mop

Peace
    Doesn't matter, Donations are just that donations, you are giving away whatever you're donating with no reward. Regardless if it pays for the server or not.

You're not BUYING coins, you're not BUYING donator status, you are simply donating.

You give money, Warmane gives you coins as a thank you. You can redeem coins for whatever you can or want. However Warmane is not obligated to give you anything. It's called Donating for a reason.

8. add some content to cata so many scripts available out there!!!

plus

fix bugs... today i did arena game and elemental shaman was casting at me while i was behind pillar (i tried and the next one pillar and still no los).. hahahaha tragic right ?
    Edited: November 27, 2016

9. Even tho I would like to see 4.0.6 I think it's not really feasible in this situation because all the fixes are done on 4.3.4 patch and it wouldn't make sense to start fixing everything all over again for older patch.

That applies if transferring fixes from 4.3.4 to 4.0.6 is not possible since I have no knowledge about it whatsoever.

As I said before, if we can give ideas I'd like to see Neltharion fixed around 90%. After that, similar to Warsong merge, Neltharion should be merged with MOP and wiped for a fresh start.

Raids should be opened in progressive way similar to Lordaeron, and once opened DS should be tuned up 200%, trinket drops as well weapon reduced etc.

Once people start to raid, you should open transfers (or that option with character copy) from wotlk realms to new cata realm.

I am pretty sure that freshly opened, 90%+ working cata realm would bring a lot of new players wanting for a fresh start, moreover there isn't any other good cata servers.

10. As I said before, if we can give ideas I'd like to see Neltharion fixed around 90%. After that, similar to Warsong merge, Neltharion should be merged with MOP and wiped for a fresh start.
    Did you just suggest them to fix 90% of Cataclysm bugs and then merge Cataclysm into MoP? And wiped?

Why would they open transfers from their main focus expansion to their least focused expansion?

11. Did you just suggest them to fix 90% of Cataclysm bugs and then merge Cataclysm into MoP? And wiped?

Why would they open transfers from their main focus expansion to their least focused expansion?
    Their main focus expansion is Wotlk. Looking from a business side, you would open transfers to Cata / Mop for a simple reason. More donations for a new gear.

They're already planing on open character copy option between expansions. For the same reason mentioned above.

12. Their main focus expansion is Wotlk. Looking from a business side, you would open transfers to Cata / Mop for a simple reason. More donations for a new gear.

They're already planing on open character copy option between expansions. For the same reason mentioned above.
    Open transfers doesn't exactly mean more donations, it's relative, it could trigger more donations or not.

When they transferred their chars they would have to lvl up, and all the donated items would become obsolete, and why would they donate again for donor items?

About donations i think they need to review the price/reward, i mean bis items cost like 30+ coins which translates in 30 euros per item. Even retail sells mounts cheaper than Warmane.

If they made the donations easier price/reward ratio without a doubt they would have more donations, but this is relative, it's not a guarantee that more donations would happen.
    Edited: November 27, 2016

13. Donations represent 1 type of revenues and sales are the other one. Since you got something in return its sale not a donation and thats the main difference which i tried to explain. That is the main problem because they call it donations when they are through IFRS classifications not donations. They are registred as some kind of SME and they got to respect laws and IFRS for SME. And since you dont got it right i have posted you what you should read if you want to continioue with stupid arguments. If you still didnt get it let me explain it again. THOSE ARE SALES but they call it donations through their financial statements because on donations you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TAXES. got it?
    Best regards,
    Karacuz, MA, BCC of accounting and auditing.
    I don't see your point of theorizing whether they call it donation or a sale.

If they start advertising donations as sales would that bring more players or fixes to a realm?

Best regards,

Jelenarozgax, univ.bacc.oec.

14. If you're this much of a special snowflake that my personal opinion - over what I personally would do, if the decision of how to handle something, which would be a result of another thing that isn't even happening, was mine to make - "offends" you to the point of it being "bad ad," do yourself a favor and don't read my posts. I'm not going to add sugar like Mercy to spare your feelings.
    Eh. I didn't really add sugar though. I was just speaking of what I'd expect to happen.
    I'm surprised that no one offered the most logical solution if Cata got merged with Mop, simply give every player from Cata equivalent gear to what they had on Cata and problem solved. Has been done before on other private servers.
    Honestly, it'd be easier to just throw people some coins based on their avg. ilvl and coin expenditure history on Cata realms.
    When i thought Warmane couldn't get any worse, damn.

I would rather play on WOTLK than MOP when they close cataclysm server eventually.

Thank god i read this thread in time, was considering donating for 3 bis items, but if no refund and MoP transfer then no thank you.
    If I were you, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this thread. In the event that Cata were to be merged into MoP (again, not saying it is, but this is hypothetical), how we would handle it would be decided at that time. Not at any point before then. One can logically conclude that we'd try be fair about it, as to avoid making people angry as much as possible, but also keeping in mind the health of the server and MoP realm as well (like, for example, a sudden influx of full BIS people to the MoP realm may or may not be a good thing).
    Can't please everyone i guess.
    ^ This is extremely important to keep in mind when approaching the issue. The goal would be to try and aim for the majority, but also recognize that it may not be a goal that could be reached.
    Cata players accepted less development instead of closing the server and have to live with that. I see maybe possible outcomes:
    1. Neltharion stays like this until Wotlk and Mop are good enough and devs start giving Cata the same love.
    My preference would be, for right now, to throw the Cata players a bone (a big one). They've been pretty patient about it in all honesty. For long term, I honestly wish that Cata would have another chance at the spotlight though. I don't like to see any part of our community to be neglected.
    4 I guess if it was possible they would have used them already :) A while ago (more than a year) I encountered a quest with bugged tekst, which pointed to an error.... this error only occurs on a certain core (sorry really cant remember anymore). Anyway, it was not trinitycore.
    @This, our Cata core is a custom one which is supposedly tailored to be more reliable and compatible with our WotLK and MoP cores, as far as I know. I believe it is indeed based on Trinity, though.
    Their main focus expansion is Wotlk. Looking from a business side, you would open transfers to Cata / Mop for a simple reason. More donations for a new gear.
    Of course, but the staff's perspective of the server isn't purely a business standpoint though.

First ... 56789 Last