1. Obnoxious
    you need someone more empathetic, someone who can communicate better with the players. your attitude about refunds coins doing bad ad. Mercy is better in communication :P
    If you're this much of a special snowflake that my personal opinion - over what I personally would do, if the decision of how to handle something, which would be a result of another thing that isn't even happening, was mine to make - "offends" you to the point of it being "bad ad," do yourself a favor and don't read my posts. I'm not going to add sugar like Mercy to spare your feelings.

2. If you're this much of a special snowflake that my personal opinion - over what I personally would do, if the decision of how to handle something, which would be a result of another thing that isn't even happening, was mine to make - "offends" you to the point of it being "bad ad," do yourself a favor and don't read my posts. I'm not going to add sugar like Mercy to spare your feelings.
    this is totally offtopic, but this is why you're 1 of my favorite mods lol.

3. When i thought Warmane couldn't get any worse, damn.

I would rather play on WOTLK than MOP when they close cataclysm server eventually.

Thank god i read this thread in time, was considering donating for 3 bis items, but if no refund and MoP transfer then no thank you.
    Edited: November 24, 2016

4. Obnoxious is a salty cracker atm they are working on WOTLK only nor do they care about Cata why do you think they are starting to host events in CATA like stairs event its because they want players to calm down and stop complaining so they can just have a steady progression of making WOTLK the best server back in old molten they didn't care about WOTLK Warsong was their money maker and now its the opposite. CATA is dying and WOTLK is thriving it is sad to see CATA dying but to be brutally honest if they "closed Cata" it would be the dumbest mistake for them to not refund coins because people aka myself and I'm guessing tons of others who spent money on PVE gear/CATA and gems and so on just gets useless and they spent hard earned money or used their parents credit cards to get gear and that **** gets wiped cause of a dying server that they caused it would be a no brainer that they lose their player base and mind the fact that MOP is dying as well its far from being extremely active also so their LOGIC is to move players from a dead server to another dead server. The best decision for the Molten team is to do a poll and use their stats from that poll to see what players want instead of doing what they want because what they want is to keep mop from dying (which it is) and not allow players to enjoy a productive server. Think of it like this you are Warmane and you have two servers that are dying MOP and CATA and you close CATA would you like to let the players to go to WOTLK with really great population or would you rather have your players go to a dying realm to save it from dying which will die eventually. If you chosen that second option yes thats what they are thinking if CATA dies they will just push players to only join MOP. Its the same if you join MOP your characters gear are worthless and if you move to WOTLK your characters gear is worthless also so yea

5. I'm surprised that no one offered the most logical solution if Cata got merged with Mop, simply give every player from Cata equivalent gear to what they had on Cata and problem solved. Has been done before on other private servers.

6. Obnoxious is a salty cracker atm they are working on WOTLK only nor do they care about Cata why do you think they are starting to host events in CATA like stairs event its because they want players to calm down and stop complaining so they can just have a steady progression of making WOTLK the best server back in old molten they didn't care about WOTLK Warsong was their money maker and now its the opposite. CATA is dying and WOTLK is thriving it is sad to see CATA dying but to be brutally honest if they "closed Cata" it would be the dumbest mistake for them to not refund coins because people aka myself and I'm guessing tons of others who spent money on PVE gear/CATA and gems and so on just gets useless and they spent hard earned money or used their parents credit cards to get gear and that **** gets wiped cause of a dying server that they caused it would be a no brainer that they lose their player base and mind the fact that MOP is dying as well its far from being extremely active also so their LOGIC is to move players from a dead server to another dead server. The best decision for the Molten team is to do a poll and use their stats from that poll to see what players want instead of doing what they want because what they want is to keep mop from dying (which it is) and not allow players to enjoy a productive server. Think of it like this you are Warmane and you have two servers that are dying MOP and CATA and you close CATA would you like to let the players to go to WOTLK with really great population or would you rather have your players go to a dying realm to save it from dying which will die eventually. If you chosen that second option yes thats what they are thinking if CATA dies they will just push players to only join MOP. Its the same if you join MOP your characters gear are worthless and if you move to WOTLK your characters gear is worthless also so yea
    Jesus christ that might just have been the most cancerous thing that I've ever seen on a forum. Not a single comma.. Rip eyes

7. People in retail also most of the time don't want to upgrade to a different expansion. Do they get the choice if it happens? Do they get their subscription fees refunded? Do they give Blizzard back all the time they made use of the game and servers?
    in wod most people wanted to get to the next expansion

8. If we wanted other expansion we wouldn't play cata.
    So make cata great again !

9. I'm surprised that no one offered the most logical solution if Cata got merged with Mop, simply give every player from Cata equivalent gear to what they had on Cata and problem solved. Has been done before on other private servers.
    That would only solve the problem for the preteens, not the many adults who would never play MoP even if they were paid to.

10. That would only solve the problem for the preteens, not the many adults who would never play MoP even if they were paid to.
    Well in that case, (can't believe i'm about to say this) i agree with Obnoxious. Can't please everyone i guess.

Cata players accepted less development instead of closing the server and have to live with that. I see maybe possible outcomes:
    1. Neltharion stays like this until Wotlk and Mop are good enough and devs start giving Cata the same love.
    2. Neltharion gets merged with Frostwolf
    3. Neltharion shuts down completely (least likely imo).
    Wotlk>Mop>Cata is the way it is on Warmane right now and people have to understand it.
    And the Warmane | Wow Wotlk Private Server isn't there by accident.
    Edited: November 25, 2016

11. @Obnoxious no one will ever force you to do sth since we re just members that donated and you ppl run the server. Its like mercy said ( i saw no sugar) that stuff will consider and decide.

So either you prematurely know how things will work out or things have already been decided.

Or you just have to work on your social skills considering you being a moderator. Sad that your name describes your behavior towards the community.

12. Well in that case, (can't believe i'm about to say this) i agree with Obnoxious. Can't please everyone i guess.

Cata players accepted less development instead of closing the server and have to live with that. I see maybe possible outcomes:
    1. Neltharion stays like this until Wotlk and Mop are good enough and devs start giving Cata the same love.
    2. Neltharion gets merged with Frostwolf
    3. Neltharion shuts down completely (least likely imo).
    Wotlk>Mop>Cata is the way it is on Warmane right now and people have to understand it.
    And the Warmane | Wow Wotlk Private Server isn't there by accident.
    What they should do is close MoP, that expansion should have never existed. And actually fix Cata, Cata has tons of potential for donations and had a lot of players until the staff decided that they hated that expansion.

13. Note: The Problem with cata = population. It would be nice if players/staff can find a way to bring more people.
    Edited: November 25, 2016 Reason: " I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. " ~Thomas A, Edison

14. People in retail also most of the time don't want to upgrade to a different expansion. Do they get the choice if it happens? Do they get their subscription fees refunded? Do they give Blizzard back all the time they made use of the game and servers?
    Are you blizzard?

15. It's kinda pointless to argue with staff members because they are always biased towards Warmane and that is normal. Wouldn't you be biased to the company you work for?

Also CATA has always been a neglected expansion since years. I remember creating topics like "Cata Updates, Cata Updates v2 and sombody else made Cata Updates v3" even before the idea of dismissing cata was published.

The community wanted to keep cata, but with less updates. We all agreed on that, didn't we?

The thing is, the update cycle before all that happened used to be 6months and crucial gamebreaking /eploits were not fixed for months also.
    Back then we had to "beg" for updates although cata was still active. Only after a decent amount of replies /views to those update threads the staff members reacted and replied.

As mentioned above, I do understand neglecting updates, but if YOU promise updates in the changelog /news /forum posts and then you don't actually update the realm or announce anything about it then something is wrong.
    I don't know if cata finally got updated with Hyal-fixes and if it actually works, but there exists a thread where members used to ask every single day for weeks after the update should have happened.
    They only kept asking because they had no information if the planned update is just delayed or never happening.

Suggestion 2: Don`t ignore the community. Kaer himself said, that you will not delete threads /suggestions / questions anymore, instead you could reply. He also said, that it will never be like old "molten" again, where the community completly got ignored and all was done solely to generate money instead of listening and interacting with the community.
    It feels like you abandon the cata community, we haven`t got a fix in months. We haven`t gotten any E.T.A in months when we get an update.
    Alot of people already left and I don´t want cata to die.
    quoted from: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....88-Cata-Update - October 22, 2015

As a last point I want to compliment the mods for being more active at forums again, that wasn't the case the last months. And with being active I mean, that they actually reply, not just read.

First ... 23456 ... Last