1. in wod most people wanted to get to the next expansion
    Hah Warlords is an exception, and even that could be argued to have had most people wanting to go back to Mists, not forward into another unknown expansion. Still, millions of people played it anyways, so it's debatable how many hated the expansion that much.

So either you prematurely know how things will work out or things have already been decided.
    Or you just have to work on your social skills considering you being a moderator. Sad that your name describes your behavior towards the community.
    Or maybe you, like others, also don't bother to read what is being said to understand what is a personal opinion. One would have guessed that starting with "personally" would be enough, but who am I kidding.

Are you blizzard?
    I'm going to assume you mean "you" as in Warmane. No, Warmane isn't Blizzard. The point you likely are trying to make with that question is inane though. A company the size of Blizzard, with their amount of monthly paying players, does what it sees as best and players have to accept it, both the good and the bad. Players there aren't given the option of paying the monthly fee only if they like, so if anything retail players would have a much more solid case for "I paid to play on this, not on that." New expansions come and make everyone's equipment obsolete, and that's just how the game is. Players don't get "boosts" nor free upgrades just because they feel "forced into another expansion," they just get to keep their characters as they were in the new expansion, be them a one-week old player or someone who's been paying a monthly fee since Vanilla.

That aside, people might want to actually read the thread, like the original post that started this and to which I said if (and that so far is a big if as far as I'm aware) the expansion was closed, more than likely characters would be upgraded to Mists and nothing else of what the guy was "suggesting."

The first part I take from the fact that it was what was proposed to happen until the Cataclysm players asked for the expansion to not be closed (the part of the retrospective thread that mentioned this was titled "PROPOSITION: CATACLYSM INTO MISTS OF PANDARIA UPDATE (Q2 2016)" if people need a reminder).

The second part comes from, well, c'mon... all coins refunded, three max level characters and extra coins based on achievements and gear? When the original intention was to upgrade characters to the next expansion? Sounds just a tiny bit unaligned, doesn't it? And then there's the fact many - if not most - Cataclysm players want to remain in this expansion anyways.

As a last point I want to compliment the mods for being more active at forums again, that wasn't the case the last months. And with being active I mean, that they actually reply, not just read.
    We never stopped being active. The thing is simply that there are things we can reply to (like this, where I countered what to me was an outrageous proposal and then gave my personal opinion on things), but then there are the ones we just don't have information about, nor is really our place to know, which is pretty much everything related to Development. Remember we are Forum Moderators, not PR or Community Managers or anything like that. So, with that in mind, would it be valuable to see us actually replying, not just reading... if our replies were "I don't have any information about that"?

2. here is few question:
    1) what is going to be with cataclysm and what are your plans to do with it ?
    2) is there intensions to make some kind of poll again about cataclysm server to upgrade it to mop?
    3) if we aren't getting upgrade to mop is there going to be some updates for cataclysm server in next few years?
    4) if you are planing update to mop can we get chance to get some chars on wotlk too?

3. here is few question:
    1) what is going to be with cataclysm and what are your plans to do with it ?
    2) is there intensions to make some kind of poll again about cataclysm server to upgrade it to mop?
    3) if we aren't getting upgrade to mop is there going to be some updates for cataclysm server in next few years?
    4) if you are planing update to mop can we get chance to get some chars on wotlk too?
    1. I don't have any information about that;

2. I haven't heard of any intention of opening a poll, the opinion of the players seemed pretty solid when the proposal was made;

3. Idem #1, although I believe Cataclysm is still receiving updates, just at a slower pace than the other expansions;

4. There are no plans to upgrade, but if there were, Edifice has been quite clear that transferring "up" expansions is feasible, "down" isn't; the reason for that being, in general lines, that when you upgrade you pretty much just add or tweak things in the character, while if you downgrade you have to actually remove them... you would have to scan the character for every single item, mount, achievement and everything else to remove everything that doesn't exists in the previous expansion, which would then lead to providing replacements being required so characters aren't naked, and then what's a valid replacement? The weakest item in an expansion is usually more powerful than the best stuff in the previous one, but would it be fair to just give the best item in exchange for some green or white? If not, what should be given instead? What if the player complains that's not the item they wanted, that they want a different one of the same iLvl, should we manually go tending to each character of each player individually to hand out custom picked items? And then there are stats, skills, mechanics, currencies, gold... it's a huge mess, with extremely wide room for bugs, mistakes and tears.

4. 4. There are no plans to upgrade, but if there were, Edifice has been quite clear that transferring "up" expansions is feasible, "down" isn't; the reason for that being, in general lines, that when you upgrade you pretty much just add or tweak things in the character, while if you downgrade you have to actually remove them... you would have to scan the character for every single item, mount, achievement and everything else to remove everything that doesn't exists in the previous expansion, which would then lead to providing replacements being required so characters aren't naked, and then what's a valid replacement? The weakest item in an expansion is usually more powerful than the best stuff in the previous one, but would it be fair to just give the best item in exchange for some green or white? If not, what should be given instead? What if the player complains that's not the item they wanted, that they want a different one of the same iLvl, should we manually go tending to each character of each player individually to hand out custom picked items? And then there are stats, skills, mechanics, currencies, gold... it's a huge mess, with extremely high room for bugs, mistakes and tears.
    The gear problem could be solved similarly to how Moltdown was handled, like free packs of gear. But achievments, mounts and other stuff would definately be a problem.

5. Tbh, I'd rather see following scenario.

Polish up Neltharion as much as you can. Once it's decent, make an upgrade to mop and wipe Neltharion for a fresh start. Open raids gradually up to Firelands and DS should remain closed for a long period of time. Once ds is opened it should be something like Lordaeron's raids. 150% increased health pools, dmg etc. which should stop most of the casuals from seeing its items and heroic version should be tuned up even more.

Also, once opened, DS items on shop should be raid finder only. Keep same prices.

6. The gear problem could be solved similarly to how Moltdown was handled, like free packs of gear. But achievments, mounts and other stuff would definately be a problem.
    Yes and no. You're underestimating the capability of people to complain. When we lost everything, that was it, everyone was starting from zero with some perks to help. But can't you picture complains about having 458 sets of equipment, one for each combination of day of the week, mood, weather and a random number, and wanting the same amount of sets, for example? It would be the same as the "if I go to Mists my equipment will be weak/useless" one.

There's just too much stuff that would need to be converted and added to a character (effectively it would feel like you had things removed, but internally it would highly likely work by creating a template character and then adding stuff to it in a futile attempt to create an approximated version of what it could be in a past expansion) without a direct equivalent on the other expansion.

7. We never stopped being active. The thing is simply that there are things we can reply to (like this, where I countered what to me was an outrageous proposal and then gave my personal opinion on things), but then there are the ones we just don't have information about, nor is really our place to know, which is pretty much everything related to Development. Remember we are Forum Moderators, not PR or Community Managers or anything like that. So, with that in mind, would it be valuable to see us actually replying, not just reading... if our replies were "I don't have any information about that"?
    Yes I do know, that you are Forum Mods, but who else interacts with the community on forums?
    Who else would provides us with informations about updates / development ?

I do understand, that you don't have the knowledge of all what's happening, but you have the tools and the information to contact the Warmane-Team and ask them or tell them to reply to certain topics if you can not answer for them.

My question remains. Who, but you the forum Mods do interact with the community and try to answer/discuss questions ?
    I know that Community Managers exists, but it seems they work Warmane-intern, but not actually talk /reply to the community, atleast at the cata forums. I don't know about the other subforums.
    Edited: November 25, 2016 Reason: typo

8. Yes I do know, that you are Forum Mods, but who else interacts with the community on forums?
    Who else would provides us with informations about updates / development ?

I do understand, that you don't have the knowledge of all what's happening, but you have the tools and the information to contact the Warmane-Team and ask them or tell them to reply to certain topics if you can not answer for them.

My question remains. Who, but you the forum Mods do interact with the community and try to answer questions /discuss with them. I know that Community Managers exists, but it seems they work Warmane-intern, but not actually talk /reply to the community, atleast at the cata forums. I don't know about the other subforums.
    I'd say the QA Team and Community Managers (who people still can send PMs with questions, but apparently don't). They are the ones with either direct contact or easy access to Developers, while Moderators would have to go out of their way (and actual duties) to throw questions at Staff. If it was part of our duties in moderating the Forums, we would receive that information directly. Don't forget that interacting beyond clarifying and enforcing Forum rules isn't an actual part of the Moderators job in the first place. A couple of us do it out of our own initiative, but the others stick to just monitoring for the most part.

9. 1. I don't have any information about that;

2. I haven't heard of any intention of opening a poll, the opinion of the players seemed pretty solid when the proposal was made;

3. Idem #1, although I believe Cataclysm is still receiving updates, just at a slower pace than the other expansions;

4. There are no plans to upgrade, but if there were, Edifice has been quite clear that transferring "up" expansions is feasible, "down" isn't; the reason for that being, in general lines, that when you upgrade you pretty much just add or tweak things in the character, while if you downgrade you have to actually remove them... you would have to scan the character for every single item, mount, achievement and everything else to remove everything that doesn't exists in the previous expansion, which would then lead to providing replacements being required so characters aren't naked, and then what's a valid replacement? The weakest item in an expansion is usually more powerful than the best stuff in the previous one, but would it be fair to just give the best item in exchange for some green or white? If not, what should be given instead? What if the player complains that's not the item they wanted, that they want a different one of the same iLvl, should we manually go tending to each character of each player individually to hand out custom picked items? And then there are stats, skills, mechanics, currencies, gold... it's a huge mess, with extremely wide room for bugs, mistakes and tears.
    1) can you than tell to guys who are payed for communication with players to come and answer,or they dont have clue for what they are getting payed for

2)i was one of guys who was for saving cata,but nowadays a lot of us and cata community changed their mind

3)cata got "updates" just on website ,but when you log in actual server you will see that 60% of things that are "fixed" dont work,and few more things are broken in that proccess of "updating"

4) i understand this things about downgrade :)

I really hope that people of warmane (staff and players) will find best solution for this problem

10. 1) can you than tell to guys who are payed for communication with players to come and answer,or they dont have clue for what they are getting payed for

2)i was one of guys who was for saving cata,but nowadays a lot of us and cata community changed their mind

3)cata got "updates" just on website ,but when you log in actual server you will see that 60% of things that are "fixed" dont work,and few more things are broken in that proccess of "updating"

4) i understand this things about downgrade :)

I really hope that people of warmane (staff and players) will find best solution for this problem
    1. I can (or you could have PM'd someone like Proterean, for example), but I sincerely don't think the plans have changed from keeping it and giving it upgrades and fixes at a slower pace than the other expansions;

2. Yet there are still many who haven't changed their minds and want Cataclysm to stay;

3. Can't really comment on that. They might be fixed but not yet implemented in the server, they might have been deactivated for tweaks, they could have been removed because they were causing instability... I don't know what happened nor what things you are talking about specifically (nor would knowing help).

11. want more people on the server, eh? unban those that got shafted for staff disrespect. kthxbye

12. want more people on the server, eh? unban those that got shafted for staff disrespect. kthxbye
    Don't want to get "shafted" with a ban? Don't do something that gets you banned.

13. Don't want to get "shafted" with a ban? Don't do something that gets you banned.
    welp, hackers and abusers get 7d ban, while those that dont respect the staff that doesnt respect them in the first place get banned permanently (afaik respect works both ways)

^ this mentality is the reason why the server is dieing.

14. welp, hackers and abusers get 7d ban, while those that dont respect the staff that doesnt respect them in the first place get banned permanently (afaik respect works both ways)

^ this mentality is the reason why the server is dieing.
    1. If you want to discuss in-game bans, take it to the Head GM;
    2. No ban for disrespect is permanent. Getting a permanent ban takes quite a bit of continuous effort with no sign of changing your way, be it in-game or in the Forums;
    3. The server has low population because people are frustrated with the pace of new content and fixes, nothing to do with people getting banned, but nice try projecting.

15. Kaspi,
    PvP and PvE is playable on Neltharion. You are able to play this game for FREE. If you wanna weekly updates go pay and play retail. :]
    Edited: November 25, 2016

First ... 34567 ... Last