1. Icecrown becoming Cata server in future!?

Hello guys, I'm an old player who enjoyed World of Warcraft back in Molten days and still do.
    I have a simple question.
    Is this server(Icecrown) ever going to become Cata server, because I would really like to see progression once again like back in old days :)
    I think that it would be great. Please share your opinion and if somebody has some information please do share it. ^^
    Take care y'all :D !!!

2. not as long as people are enjoying wotlk it won't be. if you want to play cata there's a realm already there for it.

3. Maybe in 4-5 Years when everyone forget wotlk. Oh waitt..........that will never happen. xD

4. Depends on lgn basically :d
    do you think there will be wow 8?..

5. I do love Wotlk expansion more than Cata for sure, but I would like to see them giving us a chance to upgrade to cata by transfering our accounts to the new server like they did back in Molten days. I just want to know if that will happen or not XD!

6. I do love Wotlk expansion more than Cata for sure, but I would like to see them giving us a chance to upgrade to cata by transfering our accounts to the new server like they did back in Molten days. I just want to know if that will happen or not XD!
    We wont be upgrading Icecrown to Cataclysm, but we are looking into enabling a feature that will allow people to copy their characters between expansions, going from a lower to a higher patch, Wotlk > Cataclysm for example.

7. You are aware that there already are Cata server out, right?

8. No need for many words. It won't happen, simple.

9. That is the answer I've been searching for ! :D Thank y

10. We actually have information about the possibility of a future upgrade to Cata here.

In all seriousness, we're actually discussing internally about the possibility of allowing donors to "upgrade" their characters from WotLK to Cata/MoP, and Cata to MoP. We have a thread going in the premium section of the forum where we're taking input, ideas and feedback on the feature before we script/implement it.

11. We actually have information about the possibility of a future upgrade to Cata here.

In all seriousness, we're actually discussing internally about the possibility of allowing donors to "upgrade" their characters from WotLK to Cata/MoP, and Cata to MoP. We have a thread going in the premium section of the forum where we're taking input, ideas and feedback on the feature before we script/implement it.
    I think that it would be a good feature if the realms were all x1. But let's say you have a well geared character on Wotlk, would you really transfer it and practically lose all that gear because it has become obsolete. Instead, it would be a lot better to quickly level up a new character because the rates are x7 and still have a good character on Wotlk. The only reason why you would want to transfer is because of achievments, mounts and titles.

12. Allowing donors to "upgrade" their characters from Cata to MoP.
    What is the point of using DS HC gear in Mists of Pandaria? Transmog? It should be farmed easy anyway. It would be way better if we could get like ONE TIME refund on Cataclysm or any other low populated realm because It was sadly wasted investment.

13. What is the point of using DS HC gear in Mists of Pandaria? Transmog? It should be farmed easy anyway. It would be way better if we could get like ONE TIME refund on Cataclysm or any other low populated realm because It was sadly wasted investment.
    That is not the point of the feature.
    I think that it would be a good feature if the realms were all x1. But let's say you have a well geared character on Wotlk, would you really transfer it and practically lose all that gear because it has become obsolete. Instead, it would be a lot better to quickly level up a new character because the rates are x7 and still have a good character on Wotlk. The only reason why you would want to transfer is because of achievments, mounts and titles.
    It won't be a straight character transfer. It's a copy/paste feature. The original character would still exist on its original realm. The idea is to allow people to "move on to the next expansion" if they wish, and not leave behind achievements, titles, pets, mounts, transmogs, etc. but they won't lose that character on the previous expansion they were playing on in case of regret, accident, etc.

14. It won't be a straight character transfer. It's a copy/paste feature. The original character would still exist on its original realm. The idea is to allow people to "move on to the next expansion" if they wish, and not leave behind achievements, titles, pets, mounts, transmogs, etc. but they won't lose that character on the previous expansion they were playing on in case of regret, accident, etc.

12 Last