1. WOTLK Disabling transmog

I'm not sure whether I posted this in the correct forum but here goes. On the transmogging post warmane staff said the feature would be optional and that we will have an option to disable it on website, but so far there isn't an option to do so. Are there any plans on adding the option, and when can we expect that? All the transmogs are becoming a real nuisance in BGs.

2. There are plans for it, but it is a low priority due to other more important things needing to be addressed first.

3. it is boring af to see same bis item graphics everywhere, and ppl with the kinds of gear that are standard here were super rare back in real wotlk days so it cant be ruining your 'authentic' blizzlike nostalgia if not everyone seems to be walking around with wrathful shoulders and oathbinder.

just trying to understand why so many want to turn it off, i havent even gotten any scrolls yet but i plan to if they ever add it in pvp. Does it make it harder to size people up? I treat everyone with reasonable HP as if they are my equal or better anyway (even though thats rarely the case) so that i don't end up making stupid mistakes. Or are you just bitter because you don't have any transmog and others do?

I dont think the website feature to turn it off SHOULD be added. Kinda ruins it for the transmoggers, it becomes more of a glorified addon to share your 'fake' transmog only with others who also have that addon rather than a part of your character in the game if it's not as universally visible as your stats or achievements. I can't just assume someone who stops next to me in stormwind while im eating a cheese omlet is doing so to admire my sick mog because maybe they can't even see it! Yeah it's vanity but it's also a video game so bite me.

"Why should we have to see it?" Idonno, why should other players be allowed to kill you or be chosen for a raid spot over you? Because they progressed their character and ability to play it to the point that they can. It takes effort, just like transmogging. The reward of that effort is being able to influence the mmorpg experience of those around them. Huh, you know that sounds like even bigger bs than transmog to me because it actually negatively impacts people to be killed. Can we get a website switch that turns off pvp too?

Of course, unlike having a meaty character that you know how to play well, transmogging takes way less effort.. that's why its impact on other players in general is so much lower!!! It does nothing substantial. There's no rational reason to turn it off. It does nothing but create divides in player experience.
    Edited: November 27, 2016

4. I would like the option to turn it off because it isnt a wotlk feature. If I want transmog contests I can go play Legion on retail

5. I would like the option to turn it off because it isnt a wotlk feature. If I want transmog contests I can go play Legion on retail
    m8 neither is the marketplace, coin/point shop, or the plethora of bugs.
    yet this does no harm so why waste time implementing a workaround

was seeing everyone walking around in the same bis gear a wotlk feature too? Do you just see a wall of Shadowmourne's and 30k+ priests closing in on you in the Field of Strife and think "aaahhh yes just like the good old days."

Let me tell you what *was* a feature ot wotlk: gear appearance diversity. That's what was missing until now.

as a side note, no one is forcing you to participate in any transmog contests
    Edited: November 28, 2016

6. Yes, transmogs change how class's interact with one another, a blue colored warrior is immune to frost spells, and red is immune to fire spells, Sarcasm.
    Honestly op are you this bad at the game, that everytime you see wrath gear you shake in your boots? guess killing the fresh 80's with no gear is all your good at.

7. yet this does no harm so why waste time implementing a workaround
    they never should of wasted time coding dress up to begin with. but since they did the least they can do is let us turn the stupidness off.

8. they never should of wasted time coding dress up to begin with. but since they did the least they can do is let us turn the stupidness off.
    The same argument can be made for just about anything you don't like that they have in the game.

9. The same argument can be made for just about anything you don't like that they have in the game.
    not really, most things aren't custom content. transmog was. the only benefit to it is people might actually run lower tiered content.

10. "i hate the typo's in boss yells in raids, not blizzlike, button to disable pls"
    i feel like ive said all that needs to be said in defense of transmog anyway, so ill stop crapping up the thread

11. I don't mind transmog at all , thenagain I login for 1 raid once a week :D

12. "i hate the typo's in boss yells in raids, not blizzlike, button to disable pls"
    i feel like ive said all that needs to be said in defense of transmog anyway, so ill stop crapping up the thread
    ya lets compare a typo which probably took all of 2 seconds to do, to a fully customized transmog system that took fck knows how long.. they're definately equal...

13. m8 neither is the marketplace, coin/point shop, or the plethora of bugs.
    yet this does no harm so why waste time implementing a workaround

was seeing everyone walking around in the same bis gear a wotlk feature too? Do you just see a wall of Shadowmourne's and 30k+ priests closing in on you in the Field of Strife and think "aaahhh yes just like the good old days."

Let me tell you what *was* a feature ot wotlk: gear appearance diversity. That's what was missing until now.

as a side note, no one is forcing you to participate in any transmog contests
    Marketplace doesn't sell custom items, they are all obtainable in game. Shadowmourne was an actual item in WOTLK. It was possible to get 30k hp as a Priest. I don't see what you are trying to imply. Transmogging is content from an expansion that's newer than WOTLK, custom content.

14. Yes, transmogs change how class's interact with one another, a blue colored warrior is immune to frost spells, and red is immune to fire spells, Sarcasm.
    Honestly op are you this bad at the game, that everytime you see wrath gear you shake in your boots? guess killing the fresh 80's with no gear is all your good at.
    No it's actually quite the opposite why I want the option to remove it, to see the wrath geared players. I like the ad hominem in your post.

15. Marketplace doesn't sell custom items, they are all obtainable in game. Shadowmourne was an actual item in WOTLK. It was possible to get 30k hp as a Priest. I don't see what you are trying to imply. Transmogging is content from an expansion that's newer than WOTLK, custom content.
    Shadowmourne was an actual item in Wotlk (and everybody was able to buy it for real money). pretty sure you are the only one who doesnt understand what hes trying to imply. Autism confirmed. snowflakes

123 ... Last