1. As most of your posts, this one also makes no sense.

@Icyheart, what stops me from selling them after gold cut ? Also nothing here is harsh, as this realm never progresses.
    It does make sense, clearly you're not intelligent enough to see that. As for your question directed to Icyheart i will ask you a counter question, what stops you from getting just as much gold just as easily using different farming methods NOW without any snowman or cow events?

2. Until you're new to the server, have no guild, and actualy try to gear up. You can't since you don't have 6k gs to do even Naxx10.
    That is not progression, that is just a fckeded GS Req because people don't want it to take 1 min longer.
    And don't forget that guilds require 6.3k to join.
    Yes, progression is killing snowmen and getting full t10 in an hour, amen.

This "everybody wants 6,3k+" talk is bull****, get off your arse get proffs ,gold, boes, chants and gems, believe me ppl will invite you. I have like 3 alts on 5,3k smth and the biggest pause was at 2,5k-3k as you cant que rdf and theres nothing much else to do.

3. It does make sense, clearly you're not intelligent enough to see that. As for your question directed to Icyheart i will ask you a counter question, what stops you from getting just as much gold just as easily using different farming methods NOW without any snowman or cow events?
    Hmm, let me see what might stop me... might be the fact that there are no snowmen roaming around dropping eofs! Can that be !?

Srsly, dont talk about intelligence, look at what you are posting ffs :D

4. maybe it would be better if it dropped some honor / arena points instead of EoFs... Because farming honor on this server is really really hard especially if you are horde.

5. Hmm, let me see what might stop me... might be the fact that there are no snowmen roaming around dropping eofs! Can that be !?

Srsly, dont talk about intelligence, look at what you are posting ffs :D
    You are clearly misreading what i'm writing, i don't know how to make this '' using different farming methods '' more clear for you. Just because you're too stupid to farm more than gold cap a month on a server with this kind of economy in a game with this amount of professions and different ways of farming gold doesn't mean everyone is, it just shows how little you know about this game. Now please, stop spreading your bull**** here, you're clearly not qualified enough to talk about this topic, just like everyone else who thinks farming primos by killing snowman is any better than all the amazing ways of gathering gold already in the game.
    Edited: December 3, 2016

6. No im not misreading, tho i would like to know about your "different methods" on how you get 400 eofs in 3 hours.

7. No im not misreading, tho i would like to know about your "different methods" on how you get 400 eofs in 3 hours.
    First of all your eof/hour ratio is wrong and exaggerated, second i'm clearly not saying i can get 400 eof in 3 hours, what i'm saying is that there are better methods of FARMING GOLD than killing snowman for hours to buy and sell primos. I can't tell if you're stupid or just pretending.

8. No im not misreading, tho i would like to know about your "different methods" on how you get 400 eofs in 3 hours.
    But you really did misread his reply, he meant gold farming methods - not about the enblems of frost.

I do understand that players could farm and then sell primodial saronites after the gold cut - but remember everyone will have lesser gold, they'll have to lower their prices or else no one would be able to buy. See here, that's the original intention of the gold cut - to make our gold worth more. Less inflation! If players are willing to put in the hard work to farm enblems of frost via Snowmen (remember, I did mention the PvP aspect as well), then it's fair isn't it, it's still effort put in to earn what they want.

Sure, there are gold capped bankers but I'm sure they're all BiS already and will not be affected by Snowmen event or not, be it gear or gold wise. So it's not the Snowmen event that will cause any significant harm to the economy.

TL;DR: Primodial Saronites? Let them be. They farm it, they earned it.

9. Yes, progression is killing snowmen and getting full t10 in an hour, amen.

This "everybody wants 6,3k+" talk is bull****, get off your arse get proffs ,gold, boes, chants and gems, believe me ppl will invite you. I have like 3 alts on 5,3k smth and the biggest pause was at 2,5k-3k as you cant que rdf and theres nothing much else to do.
    But you clearly don't understand the point.
    And as my mommy always told me, It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, but it's just impossible against an *****.

10. Until you're new to the server, have no guild, and actualy try to gear up. You can't since you don't have 6k gs to do even Naxx10.
    That is not progression, that is just a fckeded GS Req because people don't want it to take 1 min longer.
    And don't forget that guilds require 6.3k to join.
    Go make your own guild with your GS requirements.Or Naxx run.Or whatever the f*ck you need to get to the next gear level.Oh right,i forgot,you'd have to actually do something then,so it's a big no-no.

11. Go make your own guild with your GS requirements.Or Naxx run.Or whatever the f*ck you need to get to the next gear level.Oh right,i forgot,you'd have to actually do something then,so it's a big no-no.
    Why are you so salty about this, if you think getting ****tiest version of tier 10 and few offsets with garbage stats from snowman event is big deal and too easy just don't do it let the people who want to do it chose for themselves. You're in no way affected by the fact that someone got tier 10 this way

12. Why are you so salty about this, if you think getting ****tiest version of tier 10 and few offsets with garbage stats from snowman event is big deal and too easy just don't do it let the people who want to do it chose for themselves. You're in no way affected by the fact that someone got tier 10 this way
    Difference between someone who grinded their gear and someone who bought it/facerolled a couple of hours in an event is usually easily recognisable.Also,what do you think,what's the cause of the high gearscore requirements?Yes,the point shop,the bugged id system and the event that allowed people to get 4-5 t10 pieces and all that "****ty" ilvl 264 offpieces without setting foot inside some raids and dungeons without any experience or knowledge of their class.And yes,it's ruining pug raids for example,i can't run a f*cking dungeon/ToC 10 on an alt without someone failing miserably at the simplest of tactics,while doing worse damage done/healing done than my ungeared toon whilst having somewhat decent gear.

13. Difference between someone who grinded their gear and someone who bought it/facerolled a couple of hours in an event is usually easily recognisable.Also,what do you think,what's the cause of the high gearscore requirements?Yes,the point shop,the bugged id system and the event that allowed people to get 4-5 t10 pieces and all that "****ty" ilvl 264 offpieces without setting foot inside some raids and dungeons without any experience or knowledge of their class.And yes,it's ruining pug raids for example,i can't run a f*cking dungeon/ToC 10 on an alt without someone failing miserably at the simplest of tactics,while doing worse damage done/healing done than my ungeared toon whilst having somewhat decent gear.
    First of all high pug reqs were a thing here long before snowman events and point shops, i remember playing here 5 years ago, it was the same. As for people failing on tactics and not knowing their classes there's a simple fix; ask for a ****ing achievement you scrub. I as a member of 5 person guild that raids with 80% global people each week and downs 8+ 25m bosses on hc and lk 25 on normal every week am a perfect example that you're just doing it wrong. If you want a successful raid don't assume someones gs means they are good people can get 6k without killing pp or bql here even without snowman events so that's not an excuse. You want people not to fail? Ask for an achievement, if it's an alt ask to link achievement from main, inspect them see how they gem and enchant their gear or maybe just start using your brain while playing this game. As for dungeons, anyone can que them minutes after reaching 80 you don't need emblem gear to que dungeon finder.. if anything having gear helps.
    Edited: December 4, 2016

14. First of all high pug reqs were a thing here long before snowman events and point shops, i remember playing here 5 years ago, it was the same. As for people failing on tactics and not knowing their classes there's a simple fix; ask for a ****ing achievement you scrub. I as a member of 5 person guild that raids with 80% global people each week and downs 8+ 25m bosses on hc and lk 25 on normal every week am a perfect example that you're just doing it wrong. If you want a successful raid don't assume someones gs means they are good people can get 6k without killing pp or bql here even without snowman events so that's not an excuse. You want people not to fail? Ask for an achievement, if it's an alt ask to link achievement from main, inspect them see how they gem and enchant their gear or maybe just start using your brain while playing this game. As for dungeons, anyone can que them minutes after reaching 80 you don't need emblem gear to que dungeon finder.. if anything having gear helps.
    1:An achievment can be linked from literally anyone in their guild,their friends,bought characters - ANYONE.Also,old core PP achievments should be counted?Ofc not,since PP was a glorified training dummy.Or when he was bugged a while ago and was a faceroll on normal?Same with most encounters,also ToGC gave 50/50 achievments on every finished run,regardless of wipes.Asking tactics is my way,after that - gear inspect - too bad people here answers here with:"hurr durr i have ****k gs now invite me." "-Why did you kicked me noob? -You have bad talents and bad gear choices. -Go f*ck yourself!"
    2:I remember having logged on on Molten a long time ago,saw the insane requirements,saw that Ulduar and lootship was unaviable(along with eoe),then went back to my old server.
    3:I've never cared about GS in my whole life,it's just a number,but 90% of the server thinks otherwise - one swallow doesn't make summer.
    4:Having gear helps,right,like the BiS UH dk I got together today,who did 3k dps and stood in ****.Gear definitely helps in his case... oh wait.
    5:8+ 25hc bosses every week with pugs - pics or it didn't happened.
    I'm fully aware how to gear and judge people's gear - the server me and most of my fellow countrymen comes from had far better players even in pugs,here completing 12/12 10m hc in 5.4k gear would be almost impossible - we did that,with pugs,both on the high,and the normal rated realms.
    My final words:You just want free stuff while doing almost nothing,skipping **** instead of playing the game as intended.As a good deal of the players,like all the gold beggars who are too lazy to do some ****ing quests to get the gold they cry for,or all the *******s that port out of a dungeon just because it's longer or harder than what they want and doesn't care about he other 4 players.The game was designed around grinding,if you can't deal with it and will search for every possible way to bypass it,you're playing the wrong game - even though its pretty much dumbed down to casuals already in this expansion.Also,you don't realize the impact of the event on the economy - you just care about your own pockets/gear.Before you say i'm fully geared with all my toons,no,at least half of them is at currently 1-2 t10,without offpieces(who the **** buys them anyway before the required tier set pieces?) or less,but i want to reach higher gear by farming raids and dungeons,as it was intended,not by mindless zerging.As one the first reply said:take away the rewards,and suddenly you won't enjoy the event so much,do you?

15. As it is so far in this discussion, let's tackle the points raised as follows:

1. Server economy (buying and hoarding Primordial Saronites)
    2. How the game should be played (Gear grind as intended outside of custom events like Snowmen)

Perhaps (idk if it's possible, I don't code stuff) a limit on the number of Snowmen killed? I'm thinking it's hard to put a cap on EoF earned in 1 day, so capping kills sounds more doable.

Imho I feel this method of getting gold and gear isn't really as gamebreaking as it's made out to be - then again I'm more to the PvP aspect. Gold farmers have their gold farming methods if they so wished to cripple the auction house, and they will do it event or not.

Players can have Best in Slot gear and still lack class knowledge and raid awareness, yes it's unavoidable. But if you were to have the luck to have such players in your raid, would you rather they at least have some T10 than not? Taking away the event wouldn't solve that problem, so why include that in our discussion?

Now, these players - with their lack of class knowledge and awareness, if they put in the effort to farm in Wintergrasp while PvPers like me (and I'm sure there WILL be many other PvPers flying about) and other like minded enblem farmers are about making it difficult for them AND managed to get their enblems enough for EoF - I think they did enough to deserve their enblems. Let them play their game and we play ours.

If we were to suggest taking away the current rewards (should the pro-Snowmen event arguments be invalid), then we should suggest what fair rewards they should drop, while still making the event desirable, fun and worthwhile for everyone.

First 123 Last