1. So much win in one thread :D

Too add to this, BM is only a glass cannon. ever kill their pet? it ****s their day up! [...] TBH ive found lately playing as my shadow priest that surv hunt is way harder to survive then a BM.
    I'm not sure if you noticed it, but revive pet is no longer a 10 sec cast.

If I was hunter and I'd have to fight you, I'd simply Deterrence (probably won't even need that), write /dance, cast Revive Pet and spam /lol while targeting you. Have fun killing that pet again. I'm sure that you're dead before you even get my 2nd pet below 50% hp (assuming you actually get a kill on the 1st one haha).

Furthermore, especially as a spriest you should be able to **** on survival hunts. Mass dispell (15 sec cd, I think) their Black Arrow (40 sec cd?) and Shadow Word: Death their scatters in order to avoid being trapped. In addition to that, you gotta keep yourself away from traps he places inbetween just to make sure he won't get procs. Bm hunter's burst on the other hand can't be avoided.

The damage is normal and can be modified from buffs and such vs. pvp target with/without enough resilience (increased).
    As the other said about GCs, this is something you or most 90s can evade damage from, and when they burst it is an insane amount of damage.
    But BM hunts as a whole are nor bugged, just they are geared properly and know their class/spec well to combat others in pvp. Some BM hunts stats vary from others and or some trying different things and so forth. For example, a BM hunter who stacks haste, or a BM hunt that stacks Mastery.
    Not sure if I really want to know that, but what did you smoke? Evade dmg? How? I once got crit for 172k by a hunter pet's claw. CLAW! This is an auto-use ability that has a cd of 3 secs and costs some minimal amount of focus... How's that normal... Dmg can be modified.... LMAO You do realise that the only way to get less resil is by using non-pvp trinkets or no trinkets at all. Also stacking one secondary stat over another gives a stat difference of how much? 6%? I'm pretty sure that 172k/((1+x)-(0.06)) with x>=y>0 and y,x are elements in (0,1) (whereas y is bm mastery with 0 mastery rating) has no solution that makes me believe that the dmg is not bugged.

2. The damage is normal and can be modified from buffs and such vs. pvp target with/without enough resilience (increased).
    As the other said about GCs, this is something you or most 90s can evade damage from, and when they burst it is an insane amount of damage.

But BM hunts as a whole are nor bugged, just they are geared properly and know their class/spec well to combat others in pvp. Some BM hunts stats vary from others and or some trying different things and so forth. For example, a BM hunter who stacks haste, or a BM hunt that stacks Mastery.
    No idea how you got the idea that the dmg is normal. Mind showing us where you got the idea from? (Yes, I'm telling you to google/youtube/screenshot it for everyone here to see, and yes I know I could do it myself, if it exists but I want you to do it since you seem quite convinced about it)

Also, judging from the number of "geared properly" hunters that still use silencing shots on classes that are not affected by it, I doubt they really know how to do this thing called "combat others in pvp".
    Edited: December 10, 2016

3. So much win in one thread :D

If I was hunter and I'd have to fight you, I'd simply Deterrence (probably won't even need that), write /dance, cast Revive Pet and spam /lol while targeting you. Have fun killing that pet again. I'm sure that you're dead before you even get my 2nd pet below 50% hp (assuming you actually get a kill on the 1st one haha).

Furthermore, especially as a spriest you should be able to **** on survival hunts. Mass dispell (15 sec cd, I think) their Black Arrow (40 sec cd?) and Shadow Word: Death their scatters in order to avoid being trapped. In addition to that, you gotta keep yourself away from traps he places inbetween just to make sure he won't get procs. Bm hunter's burst on the other hand can't be avoided.
    Theory craft is great isnt it? its the RNG explosive shot that really hits hard. There are so many ways to deal with a pet is stupid to even argue. and btw if you are saving deter to revive your pet 3 sec cast, leaves you hella open for my 3 orb DP. would love to watch you scramble after that with mindbender on. All that said, its IMO bms are easier to deal with then surv.

4. Theory craft is great isnt it? its the RNG explosive shot that really hits hard. There are so many ways to deal with a pet is stupid to even argue. and btw if you are saving deter to revive your pet 3 sec cast, leaves you hella open for my 3 orb DP. would love to watch you scramble after that with mindbender on. All that said, its IMO bms are easier to deal with then surv.
    don't you leave yourself open when you're killing his pet aswell? I don't think it's worth killing his pet since he can revive it faster than i can use overpower

5. Theory craft is great isnt it? its the RNG explosive shot that really hits hard. There are so many ways to deal with a pet is stupid to even argue. and btw if you are saving deter to revive your pet 3 sec cast, leaves you hella open for my 3 orb DP. would love to watch you scramble after that with mindbender on. All that said, its IMO bms are easier to deal with then surv.
    Rng explosive shot? Just in case your reading comprehension isn't that great, I'm going to make it easier to understand:

BLACK ARROW DOT TICK ------- x% chance ------> Lock 'n Load (+2 EXPLOSIVE SHOTS).
    DISPELL BLACK ARROW => 0 RNG EXPLOSIVE SHOTS.

In words: If you dispell (removing spell effects, u know... Poof and gone) Black Arrow (the purple icon with the black spike in it), there won't be any rng explosive shots.
    Edited: December 11, 2016 Reason: No insult intended.

6. Rng explosive shot? Just in case your reading comprehension isn't that great, I'm going to make it easier to understand:

BLACK ARROW DOT TICK ------- x% chance ------> Lock 'n Load (+2 EXPLOSIVE SHOTS).

In words: If you dispell (removing spell effects, u know... Poof and gone) Black Arrow (the purple icon with the black spike in it), there won't be any rng explosive shots.
    As a hunter I have to agree and add that the amount of people who don't realize that pretty much the only thing you need to do to make sv hunter USELESS is dispell black arrow. Sv hunt does not kill you on burst, he kills you by having 2 major dots+procs. And even though, it's still harder to handle than BM hunter, I can't help but laugh at all of you getting killed by BMs... what are you doing on his quite obvious burst, sitting? Hitting him? Screaming for your healer? Use some defences for gods sake,fear his pets,slow them down,speed yourself up,run away...
    To add up, if anybody has a ss of BM hunter critting 150+ with a claw ability I'll pay to see it. For real, you guys are all talk and no proof. If you cannot prove it nothing will happen to fix it. And I don't mean combat log cropped pic, I mean real ss where we who actually know the class can see and explain why you got hit as hard as you did.

7. Rng explosive shot? Just in case your reading comprehension isn't that great, I'm going to make it easier to understand:

Well you learn something new everyday! Thanks i did not know this (i have only played BM on my hunter so far) Totally going to start dispelling this on my spriest. :D

And to Imightbegay, while i did say killing the pet i ment that as more of a general term.. CC the **** out of it and it ****s up a bm hunters rotation pretty bad.

8. You cant just cry about a spec being OP when you don't even know its ****ing mechanics....
    Bestial wrath clears all the CC on the pet also the hunter.
    Heart of the Phoenix instantly resurrects the pet with FULL health.
    Master's Call clears all roots and snares from the pet and the hunter's target and makes them immune to such effects for the duration of the spell. (4 seconds)

9. first off i never complained, just said that surv was harder for me to survive then a bm. masters call is 45 sec cd and BW is 1 min and no one would use hotp because its not optimal spec for pet.

That being said, my posts were just trying to help the OP to deal with BMs. I personally dont have problems with them as much as i do survival.

10. As a warrior, BM hunters are easy to rekt. Fear pets when he cast Stampede, *Die By The Sword + Def Stance* when he cast Bestial wrath. Do that and all a BM hunter can do is watch as gets rekt by 100k Slam crits and a 150k execute crit(save Crit Marco for after Deterrance).

11. As a hunter I have to agree and add that the amount of people who don't realize that pretty much the only thing you need to do to make sv hunter USELESS is dispell black arrow. Sv hunt does not kill you on burst, he kills you by having 2 major dots+procs. And even though, it's still harder to handle than BM hunter, I can't help but laugh at all of you getting killed by BMs... what are you doing on his quite obvious burst, sitting? Hitting him? Screaming for your healer? Use some defences for gods sake,fear his pets,slow them down,speed yourself up,run away...
    To add up, if anybody has a ss of BM hunter critting 150+ with a claw ability I'll pay to see it. For real, you guys are all talk and no proof. If you cannot prove it nothing will happen to fix it. And I don't mean combat log cropped pic, I mean real ss where we who actually know the class can see and explain why you got hit as hard as you did.
    Please read the post of Sammy3. His post contains every information you seem to lack about bm hunters.
    171k Kill Command (Silvershard mines, so no kotmogu orb buff possibe. Furthermore it's the bottom of the combat log and I'm dead in the pic. So it's almost impossible I could have got crit in the open world before joining it).

128k Claw (same bg, you can tell by taking a look at the players in my group)

22k off, so no need to pay for this one. :>

12. I wasnt referring to you TacoVendor, my post was aimed at lordnumer since he was complaining about pets breaking CC. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Edit1: Also I thought hunters used Ferocity pets for most damage? Thats the spec that has Heart of the Phoenix in it if Im not mistaken.
    Edit2: I also find myself destroyed by hunters in general sometimes in battlegrounds, some of those happen to be BM, I just generally shrug it off as them being fully 550 geared and carry on with my life. Still there is a certain joy of disorienting all his stampede pets at once :D
    Edited: December 12, 2016

13. Please read the post of Sammy3. His post contains every information you seem to lack about bm hunters.
    171k Kill Command (Silvershard mines, so no kotmogu orb buff possibe. Furthermore it's the bottom of the combat log and I'm dead in the pic. So it's almost impossible I could have got crit in the open world before joining it).

128k Claw (same bg, you can tell by taking a look at the players in my group)

22k off, so no need to pay for this one. :>
    lmao rip shammy

14. So much win in one thread :D

Not sure if I really want to know that, but what did you smoke? Evade dmg? How? I once got crit for 172k by a hunter pet's claw. CLAW! This is an auto-use ability that has a cd of 3 secs and costs some minimal amount of focus... How's that normal... Dmg can be modified.... LMAO You do realise that the only way to get less resil is by using non-pvp trinkets or no trinkets at all. Also stacking one secondary stat over another gives a stat difference of how much? 6%? I'm pretty sure that 172k/((1+x)-(0.06)) with x>=y>0 and y,x are elements in (0,1) (whereas y is bm mastery with 0 mastery rating) has no solution that makes me believe that the dmg is not bugged.

Deterrence evades karma dmg for the other guy who mentioned it.
    A Glass Canon version of a BM hunter is completely different and can blow through a good portion someone's resilience. If you've faced a GC, their crit will be slightly more of what you just mention.

There is only a few 90s I've encountered on Frostwolf that knows about that method.

15. A Glass Canon version of a BM hunter is completely different and can blow through a good portion someone's resilience. If you've faced a GC, their crit will be slightly more of what you just mention.

There is only a few 90s I've encountered on Frostwolf that knows about that method.
    Care to elaborate? I'd sure like to give this a try on my hunter.

First 1234 ... Last