1. Deterrence evades karma dmg for the other guy who mentioned it.
    A Glass Canon version of a BM hunter is completely different and can blow through a good portion someone's resilience. If you've faced a GC, their crit will be slightly more of what you just mention.

There is only a few 90s I've encountered on Frostwolf that knows about that method.
    This method is called 'bug abusing'. You may call it 'exploiting a bug', too. I've read about that. You're completely right. I forgot about 'The art of being a cheater'.

2. This method is called 'bug abusing'. You may call it 'exploiting a bug', too. I've read about that. You're completely right. I forgot about 'The art of being a cheater'.
    I see. Thanks for the clarification - for a moment I thought there was a proper build that yields insane crits.

3. 1st. Don't make some thread complaining BM dps is high when you don't know the actual reason.
    2nd. Their was some exploit that Warmane took care already.
    3rd. Please if you have combat log then look for that player and their stats duel with them (I m sure almost everyone have alt horde or ally at least one) and if still feel its way high then GM's are always here to hit BULLSEYE .
    4th. Merry Christmas Santa gonna take your half gold. T.T

4. 1st. Don't make some thread complaining BM dps is high when you don't know the actual reason.
    2nd. Their was some exploit that Warmane took care already.
    3rd. Please if you have combat log then look for that player and their stats duel with them (I m sure almost everyone have alt horde or ally at least one) and if still feel its way high then GM's are always here to hit BULLSEYE .
    4th. Merry Christmas Santa gonna take your half gold. T.T
    1. Well, a forum is used to discuss stuff. Why should he waste his time leveling and gearing up a hunter when he can discuss the matter with many other people who might even have an already geared bm hunt and can try stuff out? Maybe someone has an idea and someone else can try that? Furthermore, devs and other staff members often read through posts and may clarify where clarification is needed.

2. That does not imply there can't be another exploit.

5. I see. Thanks for the clarification - for a moment I thought there was a proper build that yields insane crits.
    It's just like Sancta93 said, I really never played BM hunter and Idk either why he has high damage. It's way faster to ask here than to create a BM hunter

And I barely complained, I basically just asked if their high damage is normal or if it's bugged

6. Please read the post of Sammy3. His post contains every information you seem to lack about bm hunters.
    171k Kill Command (Silvershard mines, so no kotmogu orb buff possibe. Furthermore it's the bottom of the combat log and I'm dead in the pic. So it's almost impossible I could have got crit in the open world before joining it).

128k Claw (same bg, you can tell by taking a look at the players in my group)

22k off, so no need to pay for this one. :>
    This is exactly what I said not to do,post a number without actually seeing the hunter. It might not be Kotmogu but it can be any combination of potions/flasks/procs/bursts that we just cannot see. What I can see is that you are not fully geared. I have been known to crit 110k+ as a MM HUNT on full geared players with few buffs/procs so the number itself is not that impressive.

And I have read it all even though I do not need to, I play a hunter and I play vs hunters which is why I am here, to say that dmg itself might be high but it's far from insanely bugged high. For me personally, BM is one of the easiest classes to beat and there is a reason why you won't find many BM hunters above 2k rating, if any at all. The problem is that people are not used to them and are having problems countering them, when they are actually very squishy and quite often not the brightest crayons in the box.

I'd be more worried about monks' 150k+ rising sun kicks and instant heals, 40k fists per tick,200k chaos bolts,150k dragon roars...every class has something that can nuke your head off, some just use it better than others.
    Edited: December 13, 2016

7. This method is called 'bug abusing'. You may call it 'exploiting a bug', too. I've read about that. You're completely right. I forgot about 'The art of being a cheater'.

Wow the ignorance..... You need to get your facts straight, bro.

There is only a FEW GC 90s, mainly BM hunters,the majority of GCs play low lvl brackets such as 70-74, 80-84, 85-89 because unlike 90s, they don't lose much from DIMs (Diminishing Returns)

Technically, the term Glass Canon is to push your class to do the biggest burst damage possible, at the cost of making completely vulnerable to any form of dps.
    In a sense, you sacrifice your defenses for more power aka becoming "squishy".

A Glass Canon's burst can either hit hard or do a good amount of damage in a shorter time than others in one's class and this term has been around since vanilla days even onward into legion.

Bug abuse and GCs are two completely different things and considering GC players as bug abusers is straight up ignorance. Only few on Frostwolf attempt this method because they want to do more on their class possible, but sometimes distance from it to not become an easy kill.

Normally after a burst, the player can either continue to rock his or her set up, or switch back up to main gear. GCs also drains you of most pvp power and resilience on MOP, so yeah.

A GC BM are capable of doing slightly above avg. of a fully geared prideful BM/MM/SV hunt, as BM or MM dmg is higher, as SV stings and dmg is higher too with more ticks to them.

an example a GC arms/fury war can DESTROY with a burst, but when attacked they are like paper, so to speak.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, google is your best friend.

http://english.stackexchange.com/que...ognized-phrase
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg34qgh8JLA

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18301007699
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12203350342
    Edited: December 13, 2016 Reason: GC Assa Rogue WIP

8. This is exactly what I said not to do,post a number without actually seeing the hunter. It might not be Kotmogu but it can be any combination of potions/flasks/procs/bursts that we just cannot see. [...] I'd be more worried about monks' 150k+ rising sun kicks and instant heals, 40k fists per tick,200k chaos bolts,150k dragon roars...every class has something that can nuke your head off, some just use it better than others.
    Well, the difference is 150k Dragon Roars, 150k RSK and 40k fists per tick (I've seen higher crits on retail...) are within the range of possibility while 120k Claws aren't. Furthermore, no matter what potions/flasks/procs he used, it should not crit for that much. It's cute that you're comparing an auto cast ability that is used by your pet with a 9 sec cd Chimera or an Aimed Shot.

@Tenchima
    Are you trolling mate? Just in case you aren't: The term 'Glass Cannon' is used to describe a class, not a state of your class. You can't turn your hunter into a glass cannon if it wasn't already one. Also, 'sacrificing survivability for dmg' by 'draining resil and pvp power' sounds like PvE gear to me. PvE sets are not supposed to proc in instanced pvp (pretty sure they shouldn't even do in duels etc.). PvE trinkets are supposed to have either their proc chance lowered or their proc nerfed. Some PvE items are proccing to their full potential, making it a bug, which makes you and your 'GC bm hunter' friends exploiters.

9. 1. Well, a forum is used to discuss stuff. Why should he waste his time leveling and gearing up a hunter when he can discuss the matter with many other people who might even have an already geared bm hunt and can try stuff out? Maybe someone has an idea and someone else can try that? Furthermore, devs and other staff members often read through posts and may clarify where clarification is needed.

2. That does not imply there can't be another exploit.
    all I can say is you lack common sense. I never said level up BM and test, if you are sure its exploit and too much dps make ticket GM will take care of it; And discussion and complain both are different term. As per screenshot it doesn't prove anything.

Also your PvE trinket proc theory doesn't work here and trinket proc in PVP is same as PvE and ofc its not an EXPLOIT.

10. all I can say is you lack common sense. I never said level up BM and test, if you are sure its exploit and too much dps make ticket GM will take care of it; And discussion and complain both are different term. As per screenshot it doesn't prove anything.

Also your PvE trinket proc theory doesn't work here and trinket proc in PVP is same as PvE and ofc its not an EXPLOIT.
    THANK YOU. He's bashing a class/spec that is beating his butt in a fight, and considers the player exploiter.

@Sancta93

It's a combination of gear, reforge, buffs, enchantments, etc. You have no idea.

I have fought exploiters in the past, the ones you have mention, so tell me you bashing GC when hunters who wep stack in the past are able to hit 1mil dmg on a first strike or instakill you? Come on bro. You are probably under-geared, hence why a BM is able to down you easy. Plus his/her buffs comes into play for when it comes to damage, potions/exiliers along with bursting in a proc.

11. all I can say is you lack common sense. I never said level up BM and test, if you are sure its exploit and too much dps make ticket GM will take care of it; And discussion and complain both are different term. As per screenshot it doesn't prove anything.

As I am sure that every GM and experienced player will say time and time again, you do not open a ticket to report about an exploit.

GMs can solve many problems, unfortunately solving bugged damage is not one of them. Not to mention most of us here go by our own knowledge of retail to come out and say "it feels like xxx is bugged, it should not be doing so much dmg etc etc etc". This is just a discussion, saying things like "all i can say is you lack common sense", "this doesn't prove anything" doesn't facilitate discussion at all. You are trying to end a discussion, but what you say just creates more pointless discussion.

12. THANK YOU. He's bashing a class/spec that is beating his butt in a fight, and considers the player exploiter.

@Sancta93

It's a combination of gear, reforge, buffs, enchantments, etc. You have no idea.

I have fought exploiters in the past, the ones you have mention, so tell me you bashing GC when hunters who wep stack in the past are able to hit 1mil dmg on a first strike or instakill you? Come on bro. You are probably under-geared, hence why a BM is able to down you easy. Plus his/her buffs comes into play for when it comes to damage, potions/exiliers along with bursting in a proc.
    Just curious. How much of a glass cannon can you really be in s15? Esp since there's only so much resil you can sacrifice for damage. If its coming from only reforges/buffs/enchantments etc etc I dont think such hunters deserve to be called "glass cannons" since that is not how the term is used.

13. Just curious. How much of a glass cannon can you really be in s15? Esp since there's only so much resil you can sacrifice for damage. If its coming from only reforges/buffs/enchantments etc etc I dont think such hunters deserve to be called "glass cannons" since that is not how the term is used.

This way of PVP isn't used by anyone who complains about getting nuked easily. Sometimes it is unheard of, even for me until I fought Druid and talked to him afterwards.
    If you went back to what I said before there is only a few of these guys from each class on Frostwolf, the majority are below level 90.
    The few that are 90s are capable of doing. Since having both pvp trinks bring you to 80%, you can remove one of them for something else, to benefit from the stats of another trink such as a PVE one. Then you got the switching out of other pieces of gear, increasing damage.

Others may not want damage (more ap or pvp power), but speed, or want suitability. So anyone can choose which route they want to go. The thing is it is so rarely down as 90s, most attempt to to try it out, like some members of Stormborn guild, others do this just to get more kills/numbers on the scoreboard.
    On lower levels, becoming a GC, you are pretty much like a summoned elite, however, you can easily be killed regardless, but the damage is insane at those levels.
    Now for all brackets, which ever the person is going for, they can squeeze out a bit more stats than the avg. fully geared 90 just to get some edge on another.

My first 3 encounters
    WW monk with slightly above normal damage, buffed up and proc'd, accompanied by healer all the time
    BM/MM hunter who try to ninja kill our healers and succeed, can be killed easily
    Stamina Guardian Druid, I was bishing about this 2 months ago, first GC I encountered, which got me interested in them.

14. As I am sure that every GM and experienced player will say time and time again, you do not open a ticket to report about an exploit.

GMs can solve many problems, unfortunately solving bugged damage is not one of them. Not to mention most of us here go by our own knowledge of retail to come out and say "it feels like xxx is bugged, it should not be doing so much dmg etc etc etc". This is just a discussion, saying things like "all i can say is you lack common sense", "this doesn't prove anything" doesn't facilitate discussion at all. You are trying to end a discussion, but what you say just creates more pointless discussion.
    then why we open ticket? xD hahaha lmfao. Warmane work as a TEAM so for your basic knowledge if they can't solve or can't find things right they take into consideration and report to devs, also about common sense he read something I never wrote and as per dps problem people here complaining instead of discussion.
    I m hunter and I prefer good burst before survivabality so if you are talking about sacrifice I don't mind to give up 1 PVP trinket for 1 good PvE agi procs if I m lucky and it proc at right time then sorry for your lose.
    Well I m done here my tummy hurts can't laugh anymore good luck hope you guys do great with Glass Canon stuffs. xD

15. [...]
    I m hunter and I prefer good burst before survivabality so if you are talking about sacrifice I don't mind to give up 1 PVP trinket for 1 good PvE agi procs if I m lucky and it proc at right time then sorry for your lose. [...]
    Thanks for admitting that you're exploiting PvE trinkets.

@BlackShroud
    A 'stamina guardian druid' was the first gc you encountered? Hahahaha +1. You trolled me right there!

There's not much you can choose from when it comes to pvp. PvP gear yields the highest dmg increase in instanced pvp. If your 'secret method to increase dmg' involves anything but pvp gear and its enchants, you're exploiting. :)

Furthermore, I'm sure those 'low level gcs' you're talking about are most likely twinks. If you're not familar with that term, you're probably new and shouldn't discuss on how classes are supposed to work.

@MysticElegy
    Let him try it once or twice. Maybe he remembers this thread and feels stupid then.
    Edited: December 13, 2016 Reason: Added @MysticElegy part.

First 12345 ... Last