1. lol what happened to this thread? Anyway, all I wanted to know is if the high damage is normal, and as we saw, it isn't, since PvE gears aren't getting nerfed in PvP zones.

And did you already create the report, @Kron? If you didn't, I'll create it
    Not yet, I'm waiting 24 hours for someone else who well knows about the topic. But if you want to create it, be my guest. In the case you do, please, put in the tittle "downscale" or "downscaling" for a better search and to upvote for it (and maybe to add more info if it's the case (if it obviously doesn't 'magically' disappear)).
    Edited: December 17, 2016

2. Firstly,I'm MM and I hate BM,not cause of dmg but cause it's completely brainless spec to play.
    I can't understand how you can ignore what is logical so let me spell it out for you:
    -He has bow enchant that adds 1000 agility.
    -Cloak enchant that also adds 4k attack power.
    -pve trinkets that add both agility and mastery, no matter the scaled proc,it still adds directly to his damage
    -possibly also a flask 1k agility, if also he had a potion at the moment that's 4k agility and food 200-300 mastery
    -what if he also had a berserker on him? that's 30% more dmg
    -his pet could have been in bestial wrath,since again,we can't see,but that's also 20% more dmg
    It's not just armor that matters, which btw could have been lowered by any other surrounding enemy player, it's also pvp power/resilience and by being higher ilvl he has more than you by default.
    -add to all of this the fact that he stacks mastery which directly influences his pet dmg and no offence but you can't be the brightest crayon in the box if you're still claiming that none of this matters. Face it, you are a lowbie who got rekt by full geared full dmg based BM hunter. Go duel every BM hunter in duel area you find and see if any will hit you 150k+. Hell, go find a hunter who has similar gear,make him use flasks and potions, see if any CAN actually hit you that high and stop basing your entire argument on one specific player that is not even shown. All you have is a number,not a context in which the number happened, and that matters.
    Just curious. From what I know, bm hunter's mastery increases dmg done by their pets by a certain amount. So, assuming a full prideful hunter, what is the %dmg increase? And how much pvp power do full prideful hunters have? And is it possible to justify a 172k claw even with all those buffs? Because, 80% resil means the original damage was 860k. I dont know about bm hunters and their stat gains well enough and I can't make a character to find out so someone is going have to do the maths to find out whether 860k claw is legit.

Edit: I'm an *****, pvp power is standard across all specs for damage.

3. full prideful bm hunt has 60% pvp power and 60% mastery if you chose to stack it

4. Just curious. From what I know, bm hunter's mastery increases dmg done by their pets by a certain amount. So, assuming a full prideful hunter, what is the %dmg increase? And how much pvp power do full prideful hunters have? And is it possible to justify a 172k claw even with all those buffs? Because, 80% resil means the original damage was 860k. I dont know about bm hunters and their stat gains well enough and I can't make a character to find out so someone is going have to do the maths to find out whether 860k claw is legit.

Edit: I'm an *****, pvp power is standard across all specs for damage.
    Yes, as Rupeklis said, by stacking it he would have around 60%, but if you take into account trinket procs, possible buffs, berserker, everything else I mentioned, and the not so full lvl of the affected lowbie, it is possible. I myself crit 125k with Chimera shot with my own pvp trinkets, few buffs, nothing too much. He would need to have some serious dmg boost though, like both trinkets proc at the same time or berserker+bestial wrath, but it's quite possible. My highest crit ever was 186k with berserker and trinket proc so again, I would call that crit one of those rare lucky ones, not what you see every day.

5. Well this post is truly interesting. Anyways you know it depends to pet to pet also here. One talent spec for pets its broken and normal claw or autuattack of pet isnt goin under 30k. So rip

6. Yes, as Rupeklis said, by stacking it he would have around 60%, but if you take into account trinket procs, possible buffs, berserker, everything else I mentioned, and the not so full lvl of the affected lowbie, it is possible. I myself crit 125k with Chimera shot with my own pvp trinkets, few buffs, nothing too much. He would need to have some serious dmg boost though, like both trinkets proc at the same time or berserker+bestial wrath, but it's quite possible. My highest crit ever was 186k with berserker and trinket proc so again, I would call that crit one of those rare lucky ones, not what you see every day.
    125k crit on chimera is fine. It's just strange to see that a basic attack of a pet critting for as much as chimera.

7. 125k crit on chimera is fine. It's just strange to see that a basic attack of a pet critting for as much as chimera.
    You should give up on him. I had to repeat myself multiple times and he still didn't get it.

@MysticElegy, using 55% as a standard for pvp power (all my 550 toons are around that (using pvp power + another stat for blue sockets, no anti disarm pvp enchant or resil+pvp power meta gem)), 80% resil I'm getting 555k as PvE crit.
    172 / 0.2 / 1.55 = 554.83...
    Dmg/Resilience factor inverted/PvP Power factor inverted = PvE dmg
    Without Berserker it would be 426.8k. Other things should not be discounted, because they can be used in PvE (including flasks, pots, pve pieces etc.).
    We have a claw crit for 427k in PvE here. Chaos Bolts of fully pve geared warlocks crit for what? 1 million? That's like his pet would cast 1 Chaos Bolt every 7 seconds (1000/427*3 = amount of 3 sec intervalls it takes to do 1 million dmg, not taking focus generation into calculation, because your pet should always have enough focus to cast its basic attack). All this uses the assumption that the buffs the hunter had are permanent in our model. That sounds drastic, but it serves as basis so we can compare retail bms with warmane bms. BM on retail wasn't that great during SoO as far as I remember.

I don't know about you, but having a Chaos Bolt shooting minion that ignores walls and pillars in pvp sounds damn buggy to me.

@BlackShroud, did the truth hurt you that much that you get that mad now? Furthermore, just because it's a special achievement for you to spot a character's name in a screenshot, it does not mean that other people aren't capable of coming up with that, too. I'm sorry if you felt like a genius right there, but I'm sure that this guy would already have done it himself if he wanted to (although he lacks reading comprehension skills).
    And when did you destroy what? According to what you've said I'd expect that destroying 1.2k rated people as a double dps exploiter 'cleave' is your best feat.

8. You guys are delirious.

Hunters are like that and the guy is low gear, end of story.
    Twinks, Gc, Bis, etc end of story, the concept of it wasn't even made known until one dude spoke about it and its been this way for years here.
    What is there constant back and forth when the truth is revealed?

I dunno man, some of u die-hard pvp guys are just crazy :S

9. Not yet, I'm waiting 24 hours for someone else who well knows about the topic. But if you want to create it, be my guest. In the case you do, please, put in the tittle "downscale" or "downscaling" for a better search and to upvote for it (and maybe to add more info if it's the case (if it obviously doesn't 'magically' disappear)).
    Idk well about the topic though, I was just going to put that PvE gears aren't getting nerfed in PvP zones. If I should talk about how it should get nerfed, I think it's better if someone else creates it

10. [...] I don't know about you, but having a Chaos Bolt shooting minion that ignores walls and pillars in pvp sounds damn buggy to me. [...]
    Which has been my critique from the very beginning of this thread.

11. Report has been created in the Bugtracker (it has "downscaling" word for better search). Feel free to upvote/comment.

P.S. I had to create it twice since it seems that when you make a report tagged as "Exploit" it's not visible for the Community (even for the report maker), so if a GM/Dev see both of them, please, don't delete the non-exploit tagged one (ie, the visible one). Thank you.

12. So diligently replied in Bugtracker, but no appearance in here at all. It seems that this bug will prevail for a while.

13. You guys are delirious.

Hunters are like that and the guy is low gear, end of story.
    Twinks, Gc, Bis, etc end of story, the concept of it wasn't even made known until one dude spoke about it and its been this way for years here.
    What is there constant back and forth when the truth is revealed?

I dunno man, some of u die-hard pvp guys are just crazy :S
    Because of the fact that the term "glass cannon toon" died the moment they introduced PvP power to PvP gear and they removed resilience from gear and made it baseline and they implemented downscaling of pve gear in PvP zones.

14. Because of the fact that the term "glass cannon toon" died the moment they introduced PvP power to PvP gear and they removed resilience from gear and made it baseline and they implemented downscaling of pve gear in PvP zones.
    From what I've seen, it does not hinder those under 90.

They used the term a lot usually when I run into them or when they are honor farming.
    I guess 90s who use the term are usually the ones who do fights outside of a BG/Arena. The other guy never said he fought any of them in a BG besides the tank druid just stacking HP.

I've yet to fight anyone with high stat outside of BG/arena, then again, there use to be talk about fully gear players getting decimated by some pvp/pve gears out of a pvp map. So that is another thing.

Scaling in 90 bg has to be looked at.

So diligently replied in Bugtracker, but no appearance in here at all. It seems that this bug will prevail for a while.
    There too busy disabling npcs, items, adding placeholders, etc to fix such an error.

15. Lmao the report got dismissed

rip
    Edited: December 18, 2016

First ... 678910 Last