1. This is why the term is so rare on warmane because to many it is unheard of, like twinking here.

If it’s TL;DR for you, don’t bother reading it, I am someone who likes to detail a subject. (The hp guy I mention had been address by a dev stating that it IS part of the game and the fact the HP druid is a Tank.)

Glass Canon PVPers have been around since vanilla days of retail WOW, and been around the day Kear Wolf founded Molten, onward into Warmane. They’re built to dish out the maximum damage possible, slightly above average geared players, get more ticks from dots in and or becoming an unstoppable force that cannot die easily/heal extremely well. So basically Glass Canons and twinks share some similarities, and in Warmane those who become GC for whatever reason do it out of twink mentality.
    The only down side of this is the trade up of power/defenses. You become weaker damage received wise(unless you are a tank). This is where the word squishy comes in, you can do a lot of damage/heals or even takes strong hits, but you will get crit done against you quite often. In MOP, you will lose some resilience and or PVP Power as a result.
    Glass Canons make use of not only trinkets, but some of the highest PVE gear possible to increase a specific stat. The re-forging/enchanting is only secondary when it comes to gear, which is the bread and butter. When it comes to gems they use a primary only (example agi only, str, only, for they don’t have much of a need for pvp power in armor, expect weps). As long as a 45%-53% avg. PVP power is maintain, they should be alright. The goal is to maintain 50 pvp items/50 pve items or a little of either.
    GCs can do slightly above dmg that of a fully prideful player, but lacks defense. So the guy claiming that GC is not an exploit, just another way of playing the game. GC will have their presence again on retail once the final expansion raid is released. I will say this again, GCs can EASILY be dealt with because they have no defenses what so ever.
    In warmane itself, there is only a HANDFUL of GCs, however, they stick more to their PVE communities. The reason they’re so rare is due to only a few achieving said gear, while others fall short and must only stick to pvp items and the minor pve items they can get a hold of. This is also the reason why many want to pve, for trinks and other items. GCs are extremely common among low lvl BGs/Arenas such as 70-74s and 85-89s, they hit hard, but cannot take a hit themselves easily aka Twinks (Twink mentality of being strong). So in a sense a GC in 90s is basically a lvl 90 twink if done right.

There is a few known GCs such as Ghostybrewz (agi/dps), Drgaga (HP), Dreadstroke MM/BM hunt (semi agi/dps), and Mdmaa (agi/dps). That is only to name a few out of a handful of them. Those geared with pvp items on the side and some still gearing to get more out of their class/spec.

Now you say something about exploit. There are people who Weapon-Stack, hence the abnormal amounts of damage. These guys are exploiting on Warmane and Game Masters are aware of this. This also goes with those who are able to instantly kill you with a single Arcane Shot that can crit you for practically 30mil damage in 1 shot. There was an instance in the past where a single pandaren horde hunter wiped out 36 Alliance players standing in front of TOT raid entrance. These are the types of people who ruin the game. Warmane also addressed a bug that took place a while back and to this day some people still get this bug randomly, giving them god mode like stats. Judging by your screenshots, that is nothing compared to what I have and a few others have experienced.
    The term "glass cannon" is not a rare term at all. Anyone decent enough that played previous xpacs before mop should know what it means. Heck, do you even need to play wow to know what the term "glass cannon" means?

And from what you just said, it just means one thing. Pve gear is not nerfed in pvp zones, is it now? If not, I see no reason why glass cannons can "do slightly above dmg that of a full prideful player".

On a side note,is there really a term called "90 twink" in mop? A twink is just a low level character gifted with the best possible gear at that level. Meaning to say there's an even higher possible level that can be attained?
    Edited: December 14, 2016

2. The term "glass cannon" is not a rare term at all. Anyone decent enough that played previous xpacs before mop should know what it means. Heck, do you even need to play wow to know what the term "glass cannon" means?

And from what you just said, it just means one thing. Pve gear is not scaled down in pvp zones, is it now? If not, I see no reason why glass cannons can "do slightly above dmg that of a full prideful player".
    I think it is rare, when I started going into this, and asked around people were like "wtf is a GC"? Even on global when I mention this a number of times.
    Then it hit me, twinks. Twinks are built up this way and it is quite rare to even see a 90 go about this way too. Mainly that tank druid I fought 2 months ago which lead me to find out if that was even possible.

The term many not be rare, but just seeing a 90 on Frostwolf in world pvp/ or on a pvp map and or arena, confronting them is quite rare.

@Gobarz

Drgaga was my first encounter and he was a Guardian Druid, last time you replied about him. This guy literally ate everything we threw at him and was a real "B-Word" to bring down.

Mind you, this was on Kotmogu by the way, Drgaga was king of the center, accompanied by a healer.

3. Yes.

Another thing I to add is that BM hunters in the past, before 5.4.8, did insane amount of damage geared/gc or not. This was due to the class fixing days, I think there was a thread about this too.

4. But no one answered @MysticElegy, are PvE gears getting nerfed in PvP zones? If they aren't, we can perfectly understand why BM hunter does so much damage. And if they are getting nerfed, and they still have this much of damage, something must be wrong

5. I think it is rare, when I started going into this, and asked around people were like "wtf is a GC"? Even on global when I mention this a number of times.
    Then it hit me, twinks. Twinks are built up this way and it is quite rare to even see a 90 go about this way too. Mainly that tank druid I fought 2 months ago which lead me to find out if that was even possible.

The term many not be rare, but just seeing a 90 on Frostwolf in world pvp/ or on a pvp map and or arena, confronting them is quite rare.

@Gobarz

Drgaga was my first encounter and he was a Guardian Druid, last time you replied about him. This guy literally ate everything we threw at him and was a real "B-Word" to bring down.

Mind you, this was on Kotmogu by the way, Drgaga was king of the center, accompanied by a healer.
    Is there really such a thing as a lvl 90 twink on MOP? In the first place, what is a twink????

But no one answered @MysticElegy, are PvE gears getting nerfed in PvP zones? If they aren't, we can perfectly understand why BM hunter does so much damage. And if they are getting nerfed, and they still have this much of damage, something must be wrong
    I can answer that question myself with some certainty. Regardless of pve gear or not, bm hunters will still have this amount of damage. After all, it's been like this ever since we upgraded from patch 4.0.6 a few years back to patch 4.2 and up till now. But we just have to adapt to it, just like how retail people adapt to whatever blizzard throws at them every single patch/expac. Just, we will do it differently, since we will always take our reference from retail when playing here.

6. Is there really such a thing as a lvl 90 twink on MOP? In the first place, what is a twink????
    If it can be done with low levels, it can sort of be possible with 90s, as to what I've mentioned.

Twinks and Glass Canons are one in the same, just the levels differ each and every one of them.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Twink

Practically most of these guys are not just twinks, but real glass canons in their own right.
    http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Twin...stwolf/summary
    http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Mons...stwolf/summary

As I said, what can be achieved by them, can also be achieved by 90s, however it takes MORE time due to raids, constant wipes, gearing up, server time LFG raid, etc.

7. If it can be done with low levels, it can sort of be possible with 90s, as to what I've mentioned.

Twinks and Glass Canons are one in the same, just the levels differ each and every one of them.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Twink

Practically most of these guys are not just twinks, but real glass canons in their own right.
    http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Twin...stwolf/summary
    http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Mons...stwolf/summary

As I said, what can be achieved by them, can also be achieved by 90s, however it takes MORE time due to raids, constant wipes, gearing up, server time LFG raid, etc.
    My understanding of twinks comes from reading that exact same article back when i started playing wow, so I know what that article says. Which brings me to my main point: if twinks are low level characters that get the best possible gear attainable at their level using higher level characters, a lvl 90 twink implies that lvl 90 is not the max lvl obtainable in-game. But there is no such thing as a max level cap twink. That's why I cannot understand how you guys managed to come up with a term called "lvl 90 twink" on this server.

And as someone mentioned, no one has yet to answer this question:

8. My understanding of twinks comes from reading that exact same article back when i started playing wow, so I know what that article says. Which brings me to my main point: if twinks are low level characters that get the best possible gear attainable at their level using higher level characters, a lvl 90 twink implies that lvl 90 is not the max lvl obtainable in-game. But there is no such thing as a max level cap twink. That's why I cannot understand how you guys managed to come up with a term called "lvl 90 twink" on this server.

And as someone mentioned, no one has yet to answer this question:
    Well for 90s they don't consider themselves that they are, but they seem to act like it by saying twink mentality when it comes to how they're geared.

Also pve gear in pvp zones, that has been debated many times in the past, I don't think it scales down at all in pvp zones, regardless. The only think I did noticed that changed is the trink that allows you to summon 3 gnomes to fight for you and this other trink that gives an absurd amount of haste (crit if you are rogue).

Said multiple times, but rarely addressed. They rather disable an item that allows you to summon hundreds of paladins then fix something that others see as important to the pvp player base.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=303591
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=311175

9. Well for 90s they don't consider themselves that they are, but they seem to act like it by saying twink mentality when it comes to how they're geared.

Also pve gear in pvp zones, that has been debated many times in the past, I don't think it scales down at all in pvp zones, regardless. The only think I did noticed that changed is the trink that allows you to summon 3 gnomes to fight for you and this other trink that gives an absurd amount of haste (crit if you are rogue).

Said multiple times, but rarely addressed. They rather disable an item that allows you to summon hundreds of paladins then fix something that others see as important to the pvp player base.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=303591
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=311175
    Twink =/= glass cannon, unlike what a certain someone said earlier. You can gear your twink to make it a glass cannon (is this even possible, since they removed resil from all gear), but being a twink does not mean you automatically become a glass cannon. If people are saying such things like twink mentality to describe that they sacrifice survivability for damage... I'm afraid they are wrong.

10. So gc only exists because they didn't nerf the PvE gear in PvP zones? Or would it be worth using PvE gear even when nerfed in PvP?

And they could at least nerf the trinkets like one of the guys said in one of those threads

11. So gc only exists because they didn't nerf the PvE gear in PvP zones? [...]
    Pretty much it seems so.

I rescue 2 comments in Sancta's link:

The resil the PvP trinkets give is around 8% damage reduction. Go ahead, use the nerfed and downscaled PvE trinkets. I DARE YOU.
    yea the pve trinks are getting scaled to such a !@#$ty lvl it whould be better not to wear a trink at all xD
    To that level of nerfing.

12. Twink =/= glass cannon, unlike what a certain someone said earlier. You can gear your twink to make it a glass cannon (is this even possible, since they removed resil from all gear), but being a twink does not mean you automatically become a glass cannon. If people are saying such things like twink mentality to describe that they sacrifice survivability for damage... I'm afraid they are wrong.
    Well among that community alone, some are considered GC in the lower brackets and these heavy hitters/healers or durable tanks. They scarified most of their defenses for power power, in the 80s they kill their defenses for more stamina or mastery.
    No one said a twink is automatically a glass canon, a twink is called a glass canon when they literally push out the most stats possible for their level, I know because I've done the low level bgs/arena multiple times with/against them, I've also aided in recruitment and supplying the new-comers. At times when one of these guys log in it quickly changes the tides of the fight. They're usually called as grandfathered/swp/BiS twinks.

Twink mentality is stacking a certain stats by enchanting, gemming for that stat alone only, getting the most out of it. For instance, there is a rogue in the community who is just 72 with nearly 3k agi and can rip anyone apart, his only downside is that even though he is this strong, he can easily be KO'ed.

It's not just damage, but other stats as well and or the main stats they're trying to squeeze the maximum amount of whatever out of. What wasn't mention is profs come into play too and the benefits from whatever prof someone has.

Now for 90s, it is RARE and only a few of them, who were once twinks, still attempt what they have done as a 70, as a 90. I didn't realize that it was possible until I fought the druid, who uses a combination of pve/pvp items to gain as much stamina possible at 90s. He was already 550, but mixed in some pve items just to add more stamina on his Guardian Druid.

I think the only way to tell is to fight one for yourself, most of these dudes are Horde anyways. 3 years here and suddenly it becomes part of a conversation :S.

@Kron

I believe the trinks have been nerfed, if not, then the bug tracker is collecting dust regarding this report. I've yet to see anything regarding using pve gear in place of pvp gear.

Also this was my first freak on encounter with a druid who lived by that, wasn't expecting it until I was told via pm:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=339842

13. @BlackShroud, you do realise that the term 'glass cannon' is used for squishy but heavy hitting builds, right? How is a guardian druid squishy? Did you get crit high enough to justify calling them 'glass cannon'? Pls... google or just try using your imagination. Think of a cannon that is made of glass. What relation can you find to a tank? Furthermore, the guy you linked in your post over there uses 2 pve items. He can't use PvE trinkets, because that would increase his damage taken. He won't use more PvE gear, because that would lower his healing output.

Furthermore, you already linked posts that imply that PvE trinkets are supposed to downscale (which they don't seem to do). So how can you still not understand that your so beloved 'gc' players are just exploiting PvE trinkets?

@Gobarz, weapon stacking worked, because there was a bug. Your 'glass cannons' work, because there is a bug (trinkets not downscaling is a bug. Read through the other posts). Do you see the relation? Yeah! It doesn't matter which bug you abuse, in the end it makes you an exploiter. :)
    Also, I want to see you using PvE trinkets+additional PvE gear while maintaining 45-53% pvp power. My feral has ilvl 550, full pvp (pvp power on every piece of gear!) + I use agi+pvp power gems for blue slots and I'm at 55% pvp power. I assume I'd get to 45% just be replacing 2 pieces of gear (including the dps trinket) with pve stuff.

P.S.: 90 stuff has NOTHING to do with twinking at all. If it's the 'Me one shots nubz who haz less hp than me' mentality you mean, you could also start comparing 90's who gank low levels in Stranglethorn Vale to them.

14. [...] I BELIEVE the trinks have been nerfed [...]
    Solid argument, indeed.

It MAY be the case, but after reading some retail comments, read warmane forum about these trinkets, no staff response, and watched many of these "GCs" using nerfed PvE trinkets... the chance seems to be REALLY low.

15. Solid argument, indeed.

It MAY be the case, but after reading some retail comments, read warmane forum about these trinkets, no staff response, and watched many of these "GCs" using nerfed PvE trinkets... the chance seems to be REALLY low.
    How can you watch many of these guys when there is lower than a handful of them on Forstwolf that are 90(minus the 70-74 and 85-89 brackets)? pve/pvp trinks or not, it comes down to the split in the gear they have and what stat their stacking. Not all of them rock pve trinks as some perfer to use pvp trinks, espically the Druid I fought sometime ago.

A BM hunter who rocks this setup, they are capable of dishing out strong bursts, pushing out as much agi and dps dmg possible with whatever BiS items they got and the procs they got going. There is only 3 hunts of them that do this on Frostwolf, thanks to the guy who pm'd me just now.

>_> this is why the twink community keep to themselves. trinks does not make one become a gc, it's how they split pvp and pve gear as stated multiple times. trinks is not the only thing that kills pvp power or resilience, some of these guys prefer pvp trinks and all out pve gear.
    All I can say is just confront these guys barz mention in a fight, you will notice how crazy their burst/heal is and you will notice how easily they can be brought down if not accompanied by a healer.

Ironic how these guys been around for years and when mentioned people quick to bash, despite it being a shock that some of these guys are attempting this as 90s, assuming trinks alone does such for players.

First ... 34567 ... Last