1. How can you watch many of these guys when there is lower than a handful of them on Forstwolf that are 90(minus the 70-74 and 85-89 brackets)? pve/pvp trinks or not, it comes down to the split in the gear they have and what stat their stacking. Not all of them rock pve trinks as some perfer to use pvp trinks, espically the Druid I fought sometime ago.

A BM hunter who rocks this setup, they are capable of dishing out strong bursts, pushing out as much agi and dps dmg possible with whatever BiS items they got and the procs they got going. There is only 3 hunts of them that do this on Frostwolf, thanks to the guy who pm'd me just now.

>_> this is why the twink community keep to themselves. trinks does not make one become a gc, it's how they split pvp and pve gear as stated multiple times. trinks is not the only thing that kills pvp power or resilience, some of these guys prefer pvp trinks and all out pve gear.
    All I can say is just confront these guys barz mention in a fight, you will notice how crazy their burst/heal is and you will notice how easily they can be brought down if not accompanied by a healer.

Ironic how these guys been around for years and when mentioned people quick to bash, despite it being a shock that some of these guys are attempting this as 90s, assuming trinks alone does such for players.
    You keep lecturing about the same. In the end, none of your (and others) lectures deny the fact that there's a big chance that many of these trinkets are bugged, ergo xploitable.

Once that is fixed, THEN we can keep arguing if there are more xploitable stuff to be fixed too for a better PvP environment. NO ONE is against "GCs", but xploits.
    Edited: December 14, 2016

2. You keep lecturing about the same. In the end, none of your (and others) lectures deny the fact that there's a big chance that many of these trinkets are bugged, ergo xploitable.

Once that is fixed, THEN we can keep arguing if there are more xploitable stuff to be fixed too for a better PvP environment. NO ONE is against "GCs", but xploits.
    but if there's no xploit there's no gc
    Edited: December 14, 2016

3. but if there's no xploit there's no gc
    Probably, but let the "GCs" players and their supporters realize of that by themselves when the time comes (if ever comes).

Btw, after keep reading further, I realized too that ALL non-PvP (ergo, PvE) gear is downscaled (ergo, nerfed) in PvP instances, not only trinkets (as I thought in the beginning), so more reason to watch all this issue.

4. I didn't know warmane peeps know about glass canons, let alone start a convo about em.

So how did this derail from BM hunters to the burst kings?

Anyways........................................... ..................................................

I've fought some Bm hunts in game, I tank most of their damage with a mastery disc priest. So am I suppose to notice something?

Low key tho.....

I am no GC as a 90, but that twink mentality tho, getting those ticks/dots in ;)

5. I didn't know warmane peeps know about glass canons, let alone start a convo about em.

Anyways........................................... ..................................................

I've fought some Bm hunts in game, I tank most of their damage with a mastery disc priest. So am I suppose to notice something?

Low key tho.....

I am no GC as a 90, but that twink mentality tho, getting those ticks/dots in ;)
    Notice the fact that he didn't dispel, probably because he was too focus-starved as bm.

@Blackshroud. it's not just trinkets that are scaled down. Anything PvE related will be scaled down to at most grevious level or even lower (can't remember the value). Scaling down means lower stats. So how does that guardian druid manage to stack the most amount of stam/stats using a mixture of PvE and PvP gear? And it seems you don't understand the meaning of glass cannon since you can call a guardian druid a glass cannon, unless you are telling me he hit you for 190k thrashes/lacerates

6. [...] Anything PvE related will be scaled down to at most grevious level or even lower [...]
    As far as I remember, it worked as follows:
    Grivious season start - ilvl scaled to 496 in bgs and arenas. This cap got increased periodically until it reached 522.
    Prideful season start - ilvl gets scaled to 522 and gets periodically increased up to 550. (Week after week I believe).

Furthermore, PvE set bonuses, legendary gems & cloaks are not supposed to work at all in instanced pvp. PvE trinket are supposed to downscale as already stated multiple times.

Mixing 550 PvE gear into your 550 pvp set lowers your dmg. Op dmg on retail came from ilvl 570+ people, because these +20 ilvl increased crit, mastery, haste and spell/attack power to a ridiculous amount (as it's already insanely high in full prideful).

So the conclusion is: If someone wears ilvl x>550 gear in a bg, he's exploiting. Furthermore, the gear currently available to most does not justify mixing in pve gear at all as it simply lowers your dmg/healing output.

As everyone in this thread who tries to participate already understood that PvE trinkets make it hard to discuss about bm dmg, I'd suggest we move on. This BlackShroud guy seems to be just a troll, grabbing for attention. I mean, how could a (normal) human being not understand that PvE gear = exploit after all these posts?

So let me start: 172k Claw crit obviously is way too high, even with pve trinkets. I tried looking for sources, but everything I've found had WAY lower numbers. Only thing I found was a bm hunter during 5.0.5 who got 70k crits with Blink Strikes and that's during those Chaos Bolt-one shot times (due to resil not being static etc.). The problem here is... almost nobody played bm on retail during 5.4 :I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY4exvpUSAg (Pypo, seems to be a youtuber? Whatever, no crits above 100k. Especially not with 'claw').
    Edited: December 15, 2016

7. As far as I remember, it worked as follows:
    Grivious season start - ilvl scaled to 496 in bgs and arenas. This cap got increased periodically until it reached 512.
    Prideful season start - ilvl gets scaled to 522 and gets periodically increased up to 540. (Week after week I believe).

Furthermore, PvE set bonuses, legendary gems & cloaks are not supposed to work at all in instanced pvp. PvE trinket are supposed to downscale as already stated multiple times.

Mixing 550 PvE gear into your 550 pvp set lowers your dmg. Op dmg on retail came from ilvl 570+ people, because these +20 ilvl increased crit, mastery, haste and spell/attack power to a ridiculous amount (as it's already insanely high in full prideful).

So the conclusion is: If someone wears ilvl x>550 gear in a bg, he's exploiting. Furthermore, the gear currently available to most does not justify mixing in pve gear at all as it simply lowers your dmg/healing output.

As everyone in this thread who tries to participate already understood that PvE trinkets make it hard to discuss about bm dmg, I'd suggest we move on. This BlackShroud guy seems to be just a troll, grabbing for attention. I mean, how could a (normal) human being not understand that PvE gear = exploit after all these posts?

So let me start: 172k Claw crit obviously is way too high, even with pve trinkets. I tried looking for sources, but everything I've found had WAY lower numbers. Only thing I found was a bm hunter during 5.0.5 who got 70k crits with Blink Strikes and that's during those Chaos Bolt-one shot times (due to resil not being static etc.). The problem here is... almost nobody played bm on retail during 5.4 :I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY4exvpUSAg (Pypo, seems to be a youtuber? Whatever, no crits above 100k. Especially not with 'claw').
    Fixed it for you. Went to actually find out what the scaling was. Ilvl scaling only applies to pve gear above the ilvl ceiling stated, otherwise they remain at their ilvl.
    Edited: December 15, 2016

8. I didn't know warmane peeps know about glass canons, let alone start a convo about em.

Low key tho.....

maybe you're a 'tank gc' like @blackshroud said and don't know yet

9. Notice the fact that he didn't dispel, probably because he was too focus-starved as bm.

@Blackshroud. it's not just trinkets that are scaled down. Anything PvE related will be scaled down to at most grevious level or even lower (can't remember the value). Scaling down means lower stats. So how does that guardian druid manage to stack the most amount of stam/stats using a mixture of PvE and PvP gear? And it seems you don't understand the meaning of glass cannon since you can call a guardian druid a glass cannon, unless you are telling me he hit you for 190k thrashes/lacerates
    Didn't you read what the other guy said? These guys can go for any stat they want, this druid was not damage, he was armor/stamina, his primary stat. This druid was sitting at 1.6k+ HP and was hell to bring down, I don't think for those 2 bgs he was ever brought down at all.

10. I'm just going to leave it at this gc thing is alien to the majority of Warmane.
    I have done a bit of digging myself and from what I understand @MysticElegy is correct. This was the case when I questioned some guy while awaiting a bg.

Back on to the topic at hand:

I was told by some BM hunters, in their minds, have somewhat decent dmg, sometimes even above normal damage. I have not heard anything about Weap stacking at all, but this may be the case, especially when the whole alliance faction target one name in particular: Sheyla (who is not a BM spec).

I think the only way to really tell is to get more information about hunters, BM hunters to be exact.

I think the best thing we can do right now is to get more information and see what each of us can come up with, ask around, talk to BM hunters who know their spec, etc. Duel them/ fight them in BG, see how things go.

11. Didn't you read what the other guy said? [...]
    Haven't you read what I've said?

[...]This druid was sitting at 1.6k+ HP and was hell to bring down, I don't think for those 2 bgs he was ever brought down at all.
    Damn... My lvl 13 monk has 2.2k hp. Does that mean nobody can bring me down either?

12. Haven't you read what I've said?

Damn... My lvl 13 monk has 2.2k hp. Does that mean nobody can bring me down either?
    I saw the druid in bg he was talking about, its 1600k+, he just didn't type it right. From our point of view, ally had a hard time bringing this guy down in a match of AB.

Also Sancta93, can you try to get more screenshots regarding BM hunts? I fought like 2 of them so far, but they're weren't as geared.

13. Gobarz, you didn't think I was serious, did you? Also, there are already 2 posted here. I'm not SSing every BM hunter I meet...

14. Didn't you read what the other guy said? These guys can go for any stat they want, this druid was not damage, he was armor/stamina, his primary stat. This druid was sitting at 1.6k+ HP and was hell to bring down, I don't think for those 2 bgs he was ever brought down at all.
    are you trolling?

15. Well I'm just going to go with what Callisto93 has stated. You are not fully geared. A good setup is enough and I quote "blow your head off". Then when gc were brought up, just simple facts about them have been stated, which turned into pages of going back and forth.

So just to end this argument, we will remain at what was stated 2-3 pages ago and leave it at that.

Also I did find something interesting, it had something to do with what Imightbegay about ilvl scaling said.

The druid shroud mentioned and from his older posted is not a troll, we explained this to him before. This druid has about 1600k+ or more, not only he is a tank, but he stacked up quite the stamina to reach that far. Mastery plays a part into it. His HP would have been more if he went for LW and JC profs whereas those profs at max offer enchants/gems with twice was much stamina. So in a way, this Druid pretty much pushed his limits, and could possibly get around with more stamina if he tries.

I've teamed up with this druid too, and when I went to alliance side to speak with my guildmates, they were complain about this guy too.

Shout out to Imperials and Test Your Limits Guild ^^

First ... 45678 ... Last