1. "MMR Dropping"

Searched the forum about this, can we get a clear answer? I've got a yes AND a No right now. Both answers from GM's.

- Losing games intentionally in order to get a lower MMR
    - Not planning with other teams to do so, just doing it at random times.

Thank you

2. It's clearly stated in the rules that MMR dropping is not allowed:

NO PVP EXPLOITING

There are four known methods to abuse of it:

• MMR Dropping: Losing in arena on purpose to lower own MMR below normal value.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

3. Nobody´s gonna ban you for that unless you keep losing to one team for a suspicious amount of time and games.

4. It's clearly stated in the rules that MMR dropping is not allowed:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037
    Incorrect. I actually opened a ticket regarding this, GM responded me that tanking MMR (dropping MMR intentionally for whatever reason) IS NOT bannable in non-Blackrock server.

Adding more: And then Altharios replied to me that it is NOT bannable ANYWHERE but players who are caught tanking MMR will not be rewarded with end-of-season reward JUST ON THAT CHARACTER.

5. "MMR Dropping: Losing in arena on purpose to lower own MMR below normal value."

Does normal value mean 1500 MMR where it starts at?

Following the first question, is it then okay to lose arenas on purpose to lower high MMR until =/>1500? (For a variety of reasons, like helping PvP newbies/lesser geared friends, or even just a start-over for serious teams aimming high with different new partner.)

6. There are so many MMR droppers everywhere. I highly doubt they get banned for it.

7. What if you currently have like 2.6k mmr and want to start a new team??

8. What if you currently have like 2.6k mmr and want to start a new team??
    U can start with 2.6 mmr or drop but:

Altharios replied to me that it is NOT bannable ANYWHERE but players who are caught tanking MMR will not be rewarded with end-of-season reward JUST ON THAT CHARACTER.
    I got the same answer.

9. Teams of MMR droppers will be disbanded before the end of season, as per http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037 it is considered exploiting of system to drop it below default value. As such players doing it will not be eligible for end of season rewards. We do not ban for it however.

10. What's the policy on teams who invite low mmr alts for a) lowering team mmr to get queues against lower teams b) playing two different comps in same team with said low mmr alt(s)? For example a team on Icecrown last season, ~2.6k rating, invites 2 completely new players at 1.5k mmr in early hours of last day of the season, to farm +1, +2, +3 yet were still eligible for titles

11. What's the policy on teams who invite low mmr alts for a) lowering team mmr to get queues against lower teams b) playing two different comps in same team with said low mmr alt(s)? For example a team on Icecrown last season, ~2.6k rating, invites 2 completely new players at 1.5k mmr in early hours of last day of the season, to farm +1, +2, +3 yet were still eligible for titles
    I don't get your point, what's wrong with that? You're allowed to have/play with as many people in a team as you'd like (assuming the team can FIT that many people). Not to mention that 3s queues are awful on Lordaeron for example, so gl getting them at 2.3-4k mmr

12. I guess to clarify all this...

Q- Is MMR dropping bannable offense?
    A- No it is not.

Q- What is a normal MMR value you start with?
    A- Normal value is 1500.

Q-What if I see someone MMR dropping?
    A- If the team that you wish to report is in top10 arena ladder and has done MMR drop and you have evidence of that team MMR dropping, report it to Gm's via in-game ticket.

Q- Mentioned above, for MMR dropping team will not be eligible to get rewards, how does that work?
    A- Any kind of MMR dropping can cause your team to be disbanded, that also means teams you have been in before and have dropped MMR to make new team.

Q-My MMR is high, but i want to help a friend in arenas to help him gear up, is it punishable?
    A- No it's not, you are able to drop MMR to normal value and help your friend out.

Q-I see a team losing to a specific team quite a lot with barely any damage done or not any at all, is it MMR dropping?
    A-It may be a wintrading, you should make a ticket for gm's to investigate the situation.

Q- I don't like the current way how arena system works, what can I do?
    A- Next season there will be changes in arena system which are mentioned by Proterean in http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=344729. You can also give your suggestions or ideas.

I think that's about it, if I missed something or said something wrong then my apologies.
    Edited: December 15, 2016

13. Teams of MMR droppers will be disbanded before the end of season, as per http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037 it is considered exploiting of system to drop it below default value. As such players doing it will not be eligible for end of season rewards. We do not ban for it however.
    what if i drop it to 1500 or above? will i still be disbanned at the end of the season? assuming i had 2.2k mmr and then decided to go for rank, its unlogical to make a new team with 0 rating in that mmr since the system isnt fixed for that, u will reach 2.5k mmr when u have about 1k rating and then sit in ques for very long time and still not win enough to close to gap.

14. what if i drop it to 1500 or above? will i still be disbanned at the end of the season? assuming i had 2.2k mmr and then decided to go for rank, its unlogical to make a new team with 0 rating in that mmr since the system isnt fixed for that, u will reach 2.5k mmr when u have about 1k rating and then sit in ques for very long time and still not win enough to close to gap.
    As I mentioned before, any kind of MMR dropping will result your team being disbanded.

15. I guess to clarify all this...

Q- Can you drop MMR and not get ban?
    A- Yes you are allowed to drop MMR.

Q- What is a normal MMR value you start with?
    A- Normal value is 1500.

Q-What if I see someone MMR dropping?
    A- Report it to Gm's via in-game ticket.

Q- Mentioned above, for MMR dropping team will not be eligible to get rewards, how does that work?
    A- Any kind of MMR dropping can cause your team to be disbanded, that also means teams you have been in before and have dropped MMR to make new team.

Q-My MMR is high, but i want to help a friend in arenas to help him gear up, is it punishable?
    A- No it's not, you are able to drop MMR to normal value and help your friend out.

Q-I see a team losing to a specific team quite a lot with barely any damage done or not any at all, is it MMR dropping?
    A-It may be a wintrading, you should make a ticket for gm's to investigate the situation.

Q- I don't like the current way how arena system works, what can I do?
    A- Next season there will be changes in arena system which are mentioned by Proterean in http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=344729. You can also give your suggestions or ideas.

I think that's about it, if I missed something or said something wrong then my apologies.
    I just double checked this Q/A with Aldtharios, and it seems like everything is in order. Thank you for making this post, I'm sure it will be helpful to people who are curious about MMR.