1. New player, what do?

This server is almost impossible to get into raiding if you don't donate and are a new player.

Someone could be a top 10 world raider & glad/r1 from AT and you'll still be declined from pugs here because "sry not bis for icc10 normal". You know something is wrong when you're replaced from groups because Billy the Dps warrior in his 264 BoE mix of every ****ing gear-type there is comes and takes your spot because he's got a higher Gearscore than you and 99% of PUG Raid Leaders have the average IQ of the dumps I take in the morning. Seriously, if any new 80s are just getting into raids here, I urge you to look at the people who replace you or who are getting accepted to groups instead of you because of Gearscore. Yeah, that ****ing male human Ret Pally with +6 armor pen gems who is running around with his arrow keys just took your spot. But, you know, it's cool - because when that person went to put their helmet on this morning, they managed to find some spare cash laying around to buy that cool 2h sword from HC LK and therefore he is now better than you (pug logic).

"Hey man, just like, you know...find a guild!"

Alright yeah sure, let's do that. Okay so this one I need an average GS of 5.9k + Kingslayer achievement. This next one requires me to apply on their website and has 100 different questions but in the small, fine-print, I see the only 2 that actually matter (Gearscore + Achievement). These next few don't even speak English. New guilds are basically non-existent on this server. "Why would I waste time with a new guild when I can donate and join some ****ty trade chat guild with 'X' Gearscore requirement" is how I imagine most people here think.

Are there no reasonable, half-decent raiding guilds on Icecrown?

If there are any masochists reading this - I implore you to start a fresh account + character and go through the progressive gearing/raiding process here.

P.S - IM NOT ****ING MAD
    Edited: December 12, 2016

2. I did that, but I am a pvper. Managed to get to 6k gs and soon 6.1k. It is indeed a pain to start from scratch, but in the end it's kinda fun.I have no incentive to start raiding whatsoever, but I guess it's the same process. I suggest you do weekly raid quests, rdf and voa, and you'll meet the requirements to join icc in no time.

3. if you play for 4 months and use vote points (120 days * 0.8=96 points). 96 points /18(average item points price)= 5 items 232 lvl.
    Then 120*2 frost emblems per day= 240 240/60 (mean item frost quartermaster price)= 4 items. If you are lucky you will get some other good items too from rdf. With that mix you will probably have 5+gs at the end of the 4th month.

4. make your own raid/guild for crappy geared noobs ?
    u came here to cry instead,

yeah, medded

5. if you play for 4 months and use vote points (120 days * 0.8=96 points). 96 points /18(average item points price)= 5 items 232 lvl.
    Then 120*2 frost emblems per day= 240 240/60 (mean item frost quartermaster price)= 4 items. If you are lucky you will get some other good items too from rdf. With that mix you will probably have 5+gs at the end of the 4th month.
    are you ****ing stupid? so you're telling me he should wait 4 months for some god damn 232 gear? hahahahhava please stop, youre killing me here!!

6. @OP, maybe if you take some time to actually apply(implying you have some basic knowledge of the raids in wotlk) to an end game guild, then there should be no problem to gear up in a fast manner.

Doesnt eve have to be an end-game guild. (most are/claim to be though).
    its not like the whole server just got bis out of nowhere..

7. @OP, maybe if you take some time to actually apply(implying you have some basic knowledge of the raids in wotlk) to an end game guild, then there should be no problem to gear up in a fast manner.

this is what i did to my main and alts...

8. start begging for gold in dalaran :D

9. this is why i start bgs with 2kgs

i do pugs 5k + and most of time its WDV run or oneshot bql but yeh... gearing here is **** if you dont donate atleast trinket/weapon(s) ...

10. this is why i start bgs with 2kgs
    u start bg with 2kgs only because u r a toolbag

its possible to gain 3.5 for RDF without leaving AH area and without harrasing your team on the battleground as 2k gs scrub

11. u start bg with 2kgs only because u r a toolbag

its possible to gain 3.5 for RDF without leaving AH area and without harrasing your team on the battleground as 2k gs scrub
    shut the **** up. he plays bgs with low gs if he wants to

12. shut the **** up. he plays bgs with low gs if he wants to
    read more carefully before u start barking at some1
    i did not say he is not allowed to play as low gs, i said only toolbags do so

but since u, little tardlet, do pve in pvp gear, i bet u wont realize what's the problem

13. Get northrend faction reputation items
    Spam rhc and make your own fos pos hc runs
    Get 1 or 2 wf offsets and voila you're more or less 5k-ish geared.
    Apply / Join a guild (not the braindead basement dwelling ones you've mentioned). Won't take you longer than 2 weeks if you play a decent amount of hours daily. After all it's your own character, starting from scratch ain't that bad hombrero.

14. @OP, maybe if you take some time to actually apply(implying you have some basic knowledge of the raids in wotlk) to an end game guild, then there should be no problem to gear up in a fast manner.

Yeah that's what I'm doing haha. The post wasn't meant to be taken 100% serious but the first couple sentences about pugs is pretty accurate from my experience.

12 Last