1. Gearscore Rant

What in the bloody hell is wrong with this server? people want insane gear score requirements for raids, somebody wanted 6K gear score for ulduar 10, at 6k gearscore you wont need gear from that raid at all. This server has the most toxic gear score community I've ever seen.

2. What in the bloody hell is wrong with this server? people want insane gear score requirements for raids, somebody wanted 6K gear score for ulduar 10, at 6k gearscore you wont need gear from that raid at all. This server has the most toxic gear score community I've ever seen.
    Uh? If you want gears over 200+ you always do POS/FOS/HOR you know? People want over 6k for achievement purposes not gearing :)

3. somebody wanted 6K gear score for ulduar 10,
    Honestly, how often do you see these requirements? Because like 99.9% of the time, I see the right gearscore required for the right raid.

Also, gearscore is a way of evaluating players in this expansion as iLvl and WarcraftLogs are the main ways in retail.

You see absolutely insane iLvl requirements on retail too; people who wanna get carried for easy raid. I've no experience with Legion raiding, but back in WoD, I saw raids that required 710+ for normal Hellfire Citadel (that drops 690 pre-nerf). That's similar to asking 6k GS for ICC10nm here.

It's not just this server. People like that are everywhere. There will be unreasonable people.

4. There will be unreasonable people.
    Dont forget asshat leaders too :)

5. Zelda, i dont know if probably in the reversed time zone it is ok (but i doubt too much to even consider thinking it), but constant icc 10 5.5 alt runs, or 5.8 icc 25 full pve, 5.4 toc 10/25 (this is still used for getting items), even some of the weekly quest raids like os/naxx, just no, it doesn't seem the correct gs for the correct raid.

So, op is right, and has always been - solution is one to make own raids (presuming guild isnt an option, talking for pugs). Now, with 0 xp & items, quite logically these fail (i find myself explaning the raids, usually with 1, 2 ppl more, quite often..). So, we are in the beginning, unless there is an old & thinking player (not defeating bosses by gs, but with knowledge), who desides to level an alt chara or just to help the others. Assuming second is somewhat uncertain, best option is to try prep a raid yourself (and then spend points on website to change name before you try again), as the one person you can make to change his point of view is... You :d

6. Zelda, i dont know if probably in the reversed time zone it is ok (but i doubt too much to even consider thinking it), but constant icc 10 5.5 alt runs, or 5.8 icc 25 full pve, 5.4 toc 10/25 (this is still used for getting items), even some of the weekly quest raids like os/naxx, just no, it doesn't seem the correct gs for the correct raid.

So, op is right, and has always been - solution is one to make own raids (presuming guild isnt an option, talking for pugs). Now, with 0 xp & items, quite logically these fail (i find myself explaning the raids, usually with 1, 2 ppl more, quite often..). So, we are in the beginning, unless there is an old & thinking player (not defeating bosses by gs, but with knowledge), who desides to level an alt chara or just to help the others. Assuming second is somewhat uncertain, best option is to try prep a raid yourself (and then spend points on website to change name before you try again), as the one person you can make to change his point of view is... You :d
    Yea, lately ive been seeing 5.5+ 10man icc and 5.8-6k 25man icc nm. Like legit wtf is this lmfao

7. Let's be honest, how far do 90% of the pugs get in any raid. Its not a graid, u dont get ppl with patience to keep tryin and do tacts properly.
    Some ppl just joined for a specific boss or item, others will have to leave a quarter of the way through..etc etc. Doing 7/12 bosses in icc 25m pug is usually considered a gd pug.
    This being the case, ofc leaders want higher ppl that will do everything and much faster b4 ppl start leavin and giving them time to fight.
    Best thing to suggest is find a guild that can raid at ur scheduled time, pugs will be pugs.

8. cuz everyone expects u to have donation stuff and they assume everyone is 6k + on this server , the funny thing is when u duel ppl with donation items and they dont even take 50 % of ur HP - #feelspathetic

9. are you allm ****ing stupid? they req high gearscore because they want to get the raid over with smoothly and quick. when it comes to icc I get it, because I wouldnt want to sit in a ****ing icc10m(which is fully scripted(to a higher degree) with roleplays and whatnot)for 3hours because people have low dps etcetc.

as for ulduar and naxx and w.e, its for achievements and also like I wrote earlier, for a smooth run.

as for icc 25 pugs(havent joined any since 632727y3y372 years ago, because id rather run a grun or none at all, too much cancer in pugs), gl getting further than dbs from what ive heard.

10. cuz everyone expects u to have donation stuff and they assume everyone is 6k + on this server , the funny thing is when u duel ppl with donation items and they dont even take 50 % of ur HP - #feelspathetic
    vvaovv, duels. because duels matter so god damn much.
    haHAA PogChamp GachiGasm EleGiggle

11. Player require such high gearscore for raids because the higher the gs a player has, the lower chance for him to be a bad player.
    Sure , there are 5.2 icc alt runs that run 10 times smoother than 5.8 "lk runs".
    It's not a requirement, it's an easy and accessible criteria to separate good / mediocre / bad players

It's like players don't want to waste their time so they ask for high gearscore, but from what I've seen so far, 90% of pugs are complete garbage even with high gs, due to the fast progression of the server, people don't have enough time to learn the game.
    Edited: December 20, 2016

12. Someone was looking for a healer for Lich King 10 Normal and he asked me my gearscore. I told him I don't have GS installed and I don't know my gearscore, so he informed me I needed *at least* an average of 264 item level to join his normal Lich King group.

13. Because when player installs gearscore addon their brains shuts down. If they disable addon, they have no idea is the guy is good for PoS or ICC25hc.

Gearscore is some sort of easy information about player because average pug has no idea about his own spec, not to mention other specs and classes.

14. There's almost never any ICC raids that look for anything under 5.5k, so how on earth is a new player supposed to get better gear? That's what OP is trying to convey here. The only way to get into these raids on this server now is to donate.

15. There's almost never any ICC raids that look for anything under 5.5k, so how on earth is a new player supposed to get better gear? That's what OP is trying to convey here. The only way to get into these raids on this server now is to donate.
    Yes donate, if u're lazy enuf to bother to search for a guild befitting you.

Sigh guys. Nao it doesn't matter if the pug rejd has 5k GS ppl or 6k GS ppl, all of them're more or less equally bad. Too many RO at DBS atm even with 6k+ GS "pros". So don't bother with GS and find a damn guild. For starters a casual guild that runs 10 and 25 normal runs will do gud enuf to get gear. Later on go for something end-game.

But if u insist with pug rejds then...
    Edited: December 20, 2016

12 Last