1. Alliance RP? Alive and well!

Happily I can say it's true.

I started playing here 2 weeks ago, originally horde and was distraught to find that there's no RP. I decided to give Alliance a try and originally found only 3 players in the RP-OOC channel. One of which informed me that RP was dead, the RP guild was dead and there was no point in trying. Fortunately the other 2 players were much more realistic; they said that the numbers have declined and all of the officers of the RP guild haven't been logging on (making it impossible to currently join the guild) but that there are still a dedicated few.

I gave it a week before I rerolled Alliance (one week ago) and was very happy to see there's around 10 players whom are active, almost every day. That doesn't mean they're RPing every day but I can confidently say that after having my character for only a week I've already had several RP sessions with various members, starting a quest to northern Redridge to exterminate orcs (RP quest ofc) and just happily attended a winterveil ball in darnassus.

If you want to RP Alliance is still the best choice. Join RP-OOC and download the addon Total Roleplay 2 version 1008 and we hope to see you there.

A final note: There's talk of making a casual Horde RP guild so if you're interested keep an eye on the RP section of the forum.

2. Just to inform you, I played both the gnomes in the ball, they're not separate people :p

3. Lordaeron, unfortunately... not in Frostwolf. Sorry ^^;

4. Looking forward for news of Horde RP, if not, I'll have to roll with the Alliance (this will be a sad day indeed..)

5. Little update.

The holidays have kept most of us busy and our RPs on hold, aside from casual/social stuff. That's not to say the guild is dead but more so that people aren't on regularly.

On a related note to a dead guild though; Legacy of the Order has lost touch with its guild leaders for some time with only 2 officers semi-active and one new officer who is supposed to help with guild invites. Obviously this isn't satisfactory for some so there have been talks of reforming in a new guild if we can't get complete control of this one. Again though, only talks. Once everyone becomes active again we'll probably hold a guild meeting to discuss it.

Another important note is talks of making Theramore the RP hub. Right now we use a tavern in Stormwind (I'll refrain from saying which for obvious reasons) and although it has a good bit of IC history there are events unfolding within RP stories that could force a lot of us to want to leave SW for a while. That also is still up in the air but I can say for certain there are a couple of people who will be moving to Theramore soon, hopefully we can get a lot more to follow ^^

Horde RP is kind of on hold.. A few of us have leveled horde alts or discussed alts we already had. Mostly the holidays have derailed it though. For all of us on Alliance who are interested it would be a side thing though, not our primary source of RP. As I understand it, we'd form a guild and operate mostly out of the logging camp in Ashenvale as there's a lot of good RP structures there and of course isolation. We'd set up dates/times to Horde RP when nothing else was happening on Alliance side.
    I know it may not be what a lot of you on Horde want to hear but I think if we at least establish a presence of Horde RP and if we leave open invites on the dates/times it'll help a lot with getting people together.

Bottom line; If you'd like to get in to RP on either faction you should probably start on Alliance first, if only to get in touch with those of us who would Horde RP.

I'm Arennethiel and I've been very active lately so add me to friends or send in-game mail. Thanks
    Edited: January 2, 2017

6. Saturday, 5pm (server time) Alliance guild Legacy of the Order will be logging/rolling Horde alts to organize RP. Aside from seeing how many are interested we don't have anything planned but I imagine we'll come up with something RP related.

If you're interested /join RP-OOC

Thanks!

7. Finished the event some hours ago. Unfortunately the day turned out to be a lot busier than I anticipated so I wasn't able to take as big a roll as I wanted, nor was I able to RP with everyone who was there -- at least 10 I believe, some of which were new to us on the Alliance.

We also started a guild on the Horde -- join RP-OOC and pester everyone who joins for a Ginvite. Keep in mind though that most of the people in it are alts of Alliance players and although I expect we'll continue to RP on the H it could be lonely for dedicated H players.

Some highlights of the event..
    We met in Ratchet at the inn and mostly did social RP. There were 4-5 Blood Elves at a time which was kind of unfortunate for some of the other H races but I think that's part of what the H is about -- a lot of clashing cultures all under the same roof.
    At on point it was 3 of us Belves sitting at a table and a lonely Troll whom we lightly mocked in to isolation; he creatively started playing fetch with his tiger pet and then had it prowl behind us and do a /e 'growl'. It pissed off my character especially since the growl was targeted at him, he then went on to insult the inn and its keeper. I expect in the future when he and I cross it'll be my turn to pull a prank.
    I also came across a moody Death Knight (JK Venny) and a Magistrate that may not be particularly supportive of the current politics in Silvermoon: He was kind of cryptic about it which I think is an important part of Belf RP; not everyone is in the same league of social standing and you obviously don't want to include a lesser (and thus begins grapple for social dominance).

Oh, I also came across two players whom I kind of goofed around with IC. They weren't RPers and at first were just being trolls but after I entertained them and talked to them a little in /w I piqued their interest in RP. They tried to join in but they obviously didn't know how to do it correctly and so continued to goof off. Point being, our RP exposure in a popular tavern may attract players who are totally new to RP which is exactly what the H needs.

Unfortunately I can't really say much more about what happened since I was so distracted IRL. All the same though, H RP is semi-active. Come join ^^

Thanks.
    Edited: January 8, 2017

8. Little update; Horde RP continues to flourish. A lot of the more active RPers from Alliance have dedicated a lot of time to their Horde alts. I'm guilty of this as well. Right now we're working up a plot on another plague outbreak caused by (won't say, to preserve the RP for new/uninformed players :D). It's ongoing but I believe we'll be slaying the culprit this coming weekend in another event.

If you'd like to join or want to talk about RP with someone add Abwa/Blackwalle (Horde) and Kynnigos/Glimm (Alliance) It's the same player and he's quite active, also an officer in both RP guilds so he can get you an invite and inform you accurately on what's happening with either faction (more or less).

My alts are Thielarann (Horde) Arennethiel (Alliance) I find my self becoming increasingly busy lately (as these things go ^^) So I may not be the most reliable source to contact but please feel free to ask me anything if you catch me online.

Thanks ^^

P.S. Discussions of Blood Elf genocide have begun on Horde side. Roll a Forsaken and put an end to the dagger-eared menace :^D

9. Well, with a heavy heart I have to assume Alliance RP once again died due to unforeseen factors. I'm not as active as usual due to work, but anyone can message any of my gnomes (currently active on Teenyaxey)

10. It's not fair to say its dead since most of the Alliance RPers are on their Horde alts. I just logged on to Horde today, there were 5-7 active and they just did an event on Saturday I think.

I'm not part of either guild anymore but as far as I know the Alliance guild still hasn't added any new officers or changed the ruling, right?

Again I'll say for those who aren't already part of the RP community; If you want to RP you should add Abwa/Blackwalle and Thielarann on Horde, Arennethiel, Kynnigos/Glimm, and Teenyaxey on Alliance and join RP-OOC on either faction.

11. if there is anoyone on icecrown who wants to rp and is on alliance lemi know :D my names Archangelf

12. I'm not part of either guild anymore but as far as I know the Alliance guild still hasn't added any new officers or changed the ruling, right?
    Well no, contrary to my position as officer, I don't have access to the admin side of the site, probably due to oversight, and the officers that do are no longer offline.

And most of the Alliance that is mostly online on Horde appears to dedicate most time on Horde instead. The rest of us (Sihani, Vorakam and Aragoss being the ones I saw most, the latter being the least connected to the guild) can't communicate well enough to decide the future

Hatch/Abwa (or Hermit as he's known in the net) did schedule an RP event for Alliance next Saturday

12 Last