1. Forum Event - The Detective

Welcome to the 2016's Forum Event: The Detective!

This event relies on our user's cunning and observation in to find clues spread through the forums. Once you find a clue, try to find the next one following the silly descriptions and directions. The first clue is...

A crime took place in the forums. The murderer vanished out of thin air. The corpse was found missing its face. Only the hardcore detectives would figure out the location.

Event Rules:

Nobody else from Staff can help with it. Don't ask for help of others, since only one Detective will emerge victorious. Don't try to cheat, skipping clues as finding all of them is a requirement.

Event Rewards:
    You proved we can rely on you to solve a mystery.

• Forum Reward: Forum Title "The Detective"
    • 10 In-Game Coins.

2. Lol.. this is impossible. Ive spent like 12 hours looking around the forum through every thread, profile, post, etc. And it doesnt help that the search feature of vbulletin ****ing sucks and gives random errors for no reason when searching and it says peoples profiles arent registered constantly when trying to find anything. I mean all that plus the fact that this clue is so random it doesnt lead anywhere even after hours of googling any possible references and **** looking through every damn section of the forum for the same group of keywords that lead me nowhere but the same threads, again, thanks to vbulletins dog**** search functions.

Idk what you expect, no one will finish this. And thats coming from someone who already found the very last clue out of dumb luck within the first 5 minutes of looking. Even that **** doesnt make sense, and its the last clue.

3. If none of it makes sense, maybe you're not cut out to be a detective!

In all seriousness, cool event. Glad to see something different.

4. Can't agree more that vBulletin search feature is absolute trash. Invented back in WW2 I swear.

5. Well if it serves of any help, you don't need to use the search option at all! You DO NOT need to look into any profile. I am well aware of the forum bugs about profiles. All clues lead to topics. You just need to pay attention on the descriptions, thread titles and inside topics. If nobody is advancing, I will be giving hints throught the next days. Believe me, this one is easy pie compared to others I have done.

6. Are we focusing on the "community forum" section if the forums or will i have to look through 10,000 pages of threads in wotlk cata mop / class forums to find this stuff. Just curious for the sake of my ans everyone elses sanity seeing that there is 6 years worth of threads in some places that a moderator can just edit a old post inb a dead thread or something.
    Edited: December 20, 2016

7. I didn't put any clue farther than the 3rd page of a board. Also, seriously you guys are going to check every nook and cranny to find it, instead of following the descriptions? XD

8. Aight my bad not trying to be annoying. Just helping clarify some things like i said for myself as well as others participating.

9. @Palutena

Will we be able to tell very obviously when we spot the clue?

10. Yes, because the clue is very silly.

11. just to assure you, there are people advancing, just not sure how many steps there will be and how far they are in.

12. Yes, because the clue is very silly.
    And here i am digging through the hex of that "film noir" image looking for clues. #juked

The culprit is a rogue, might have skinning prof. I swimmed in rogue forums and prof guides for about 4 hours now and nothing pops up. It's either TOO obvious or you're mistakenly seeing it as obvious. My head hurts so much but this is fun.
    Edited: December 20, 2016 Reason: update 1

13. At this point I think the event is over and the clues were deleted but the winner hasn't been made public yet. Or I could be the blindest detective ever XD
    Edited: December 20, 2016 Reason: update 2

14. well i can tell you that as far as i got, the clues are still there :P

15. well i can tell you that as far as i got, the clues are still there :P
    can u check if 1st clue is still there ? dont tell me what it is tho

123 ... Last