1. As much as people love these kind of events, I don't think it's a good idea to release those for the moment, at least while the server can't handle over one thousand players (yes, my assumption) in the same point. I'd rather have no events at all and see the server stable. Winter's Veil enough i guess...

Tha annoying part is all the LFM SNOWMAN event massages in global despite the lag
    Leave global/trade chats for some time, solved.

2. Just make the lag stop, it doesn't have to be like last year all over again I'm sure most people will be content with the smaller gm hosted events and a cosmetic gilf/price for winners/participants. Stable server > snowmen and cows.

3. snowman event is useless bro , if you aren't capable to make an icc raid to gear up your low chars it s your problem .A event is something special , like mounts drop or staff like that.
    what do the snowman drop? Items, eofs?

4. As much as people love these kind of events, I don't think it's a good idea to release those for the moment, at least while the server can't handle over one thousand players (yes, my assumption) in the same point. I'd rather have no events at all and see the server stable. Winter's Veil enough i guess...
    I agree, what is the point if you cant even play for 15 minutes at a time without lag/crash.

5. This is because mainly the hardware of warmane on icecrown cannot handle the traffic of the crowd stacking on WG on a particular event. This is one way of warmane giving freebies to players rather than coins in the past.

I am atleast thankful to warmane for this event, this will gear up toons from emblems.

These issues are probably not anticipated from warmane themselves, when you have events like these, mass crowd in one place and if you see lag spikes and server lag, it's because of the hardware, not warmanes ISP, not your internet.

IMHO they should have upgraded their hardware to handle such massive crowd traffics such as the SNOWMAN event.

Bottom of it all is:

THANKS LAGMANE.....
    ERRR WARMANE.. :D

6. It's due to the amount of people playing the event. We're thinking of ways how to decrease delay right now. Events are not directly causing lag but rather the players just not spreading at all.
    How about turning bad santa and snowman into an instance like cow event? You don't have to nerf it, you can turn in into a 25 or 40 man raid. Maybe even moving the snowmen into voa so that competition for wintergrasp is increased.

7. Honestly, Best way to do this is spread the snowmen over 3 zones, SP, IC, and WG. less pvp, possibly, but more stable zones.

and no they anticipate this every year... because every year its always like this at the start. Nothing new this year.

8. Literally unplayable - crashes every 10 minutes.

9. lol and here is another one(crash i mean)

10. To sum it up: every year, year after year, for the last 6-7 years.

11. My login queue is tuck on 15 ppl and not moving for 20 minutes now o.O

12. Gotta admit this lag makes the game unplayable...Hope this gets fixed

13. This was forwarded to the rest of the Staff.

Yet 6 hours later, it is still just as laggy.. Seriously Warmane.. Fix it or cancel the event..

First 123 Last