1. How do you reach the acclaimed 4.6k gs as a Solo?

I've been trying to join guilds (H) recently and all have asked of me atleast 4.6k gs.
    How do I reach this as a solo player?
    I came back 2 days ago from 1 year break time. When I left then, I had a 3.7k gs Wlock that is my current active char. But no one seems to want such a low gs.

My options:
    Reputation - Done. I have the useful items I could collect from every quartermaster but SoH
    PvP gear - In the 2 days I've checked, Wintergrasp has been in control of the alliance so I can't pick up new items from that Quartermaster
    PuGs - HCs take a while to get going and not always sucessful, realm seems to been lacking on tanks and specially healers. I can't be neither as a Warlock sadly. Naxxramas runs are... well I only found 1, joined, team stuck on Faerlina after 8 deaths so I decided it was time to go when flame began.
    VoA - ...not very popular it seems. Haven't found one.

So.. what do I do?
    I have some time (long time) I don't play any kind of MMORPG so I'm pretty lost at this point. RDF not being there actually hurts solo players like me quite badly, I need a bit of guidance

2. - Daily Dungeon HC Quest / Triumph Emblems
    - Daily ToC5HC / Triumph Emblems
    - Farm HCs / pug everything u can for Emblems

Buy T8/T9 Gear @ Dalaran Vendors

rinse and repeat, enjoy ez 4.5kish GS
    Edited: December 19, 2016

3. Oh dear. Must I pug my way into glory?
    There will be plenty of histories to tell after that

4. Oh dear. Must I pug my way into glory?
    There will be plenty of histories to tell after that
    I have never been in a raiding guild, have not really played much either - still I got 4.8k gs. Pretty simple actually, farm some emblems, do some TOC 5 man, then go do some Onyxia for example.

The 10 and 25 man raids after naxx and ulduar are less buffed.

5. I don't know how is on horde, but on ally side I always find easy dungeons. ofc, i am tank, so that helps. ToC farming, and I even did emblem farming in random dungeons with a pug group once. Dunno why it is harder for you. And GS is overrated. I tanked ToCHc since 3200gs :D

6. Its all about the stats, get enough hit rating and deff if you are tank and you are gtg