1. 2H Frost DK

Have you tried it? Is it viable? Is it fun? What are your thoughts on it and if it would be better suited for tanking or DPS? Feed my curiosity! ^^

2. Viable for tanking. Non-viable for DPS. As for it being fun, the only time I feel it is any different than playing dual-wield frost is when I make a PvP spec for it, stack armor pen, and then go hit kiddos in BGs for 20k Obliterates.

3. Probably only decent with Shadowmourne, and even then it's only decent, not great.

4. As Mercy said, for PvE dps it's not really good. Bg's however is quite fun but you might want to get some healers with you in that case since it's a glass cannon.

5. in bgs used to be v good with km buggd, now its normal , not always the highest dmg

6. Two hand frost vs dual wield:
    - Dual wield has more KM procs and double rune forge. Both things require some uptime on ur opponent to proc.
    - Two hand hits harder with howling blast because two hand has more strength/ap (especially smourne) than dual wield has.
    - Two hand does more dmg on the first auto attack strike. First dual-wield attack strikes only with ur main hand and then it takes ~2 sec until ur off hand strikes.

Consequently Dual-wield does more sustain dmg while two hand does in the first few seconds more dmg on a target.
    If u switch ur target often like in large scale battles, such as 40 man bgs, then two hand deals more dmg. For everything else go dual-wield.
    Edited: December 21, 2016

7. Dual-Wield spec is superior in any way. Belive me, i tryed to make Two Handed frost viable as much as i could, it just wont work. U get more offencive talents cos u dont need 6 talents in frost tree but the itemisation for TH wep and capping armor penetration on 100% is poor and not as good as DW is.
    Two Handed frost dps wont even wotk with Shadowmourne equiped. If u want to wear a Two Hander u should go Unholy.

8. Dual-Wield spec is superior in any way. Belive me, i tryed to make Two Handed frost viable as much as i could, it just wont work. U get more offencive talents cos u dont need 6 talents in frost tree but the itemisation for TH wep and capping armor penetration on 100% is poor and not as good as DW is.
    Two Handed frost dps wont even wotk with Shadowmourne equiped. If u want to wear a Two Hander u should go Unholy.
    Or Blood boody bloodily bastard.

9. I dont like blood at all, has High burst sure, but after that it deals almost no DMG at all. If u like it play it, but it wont bring anything special to ur raid, i always feel useless after i see my DPS drop hard after the burst, since it doesnt have any kind of unique raid buff such as Ebon Plague or Icy Talons so yea...
    Unholy - Two Handed, Frost - Dual Wield, as far as DPS goes from my point of view.

10. 10% raid buff attack power not good enough 4u?

11. 10% raid buff attack power not good enough 4u?
    Hunters already provide that. To clarify though, the real prospect for unholy is the fact that they can spread the extra spell damage debuff to N-many targets with pestilence and as a bonus they increase all disease damage by 30% (which benefits them, other dks and shadow priests).

12. Exactly what Rifokelt said. :D
    Only one that can replace Frost DK 20% haste buff is Enha shaman, which basicly noone plays, and even if someone does almost noone goes for extra 4% haste talents. On top of that, Icy Talons has 100 yards range while Windfury totem has 30 yards range. So u can say that that buff is unique aswell.
    Hunters will do more DPS and give raid 10% atk power buff, but, Enha shamans wont do as much DPS as FDKs will, considering that shaman places perfect totems all the time so noone ever loses the haste buff, and noone can replace UHDK. Thats why those specs are better. Blood is more of a tanking spec.

13. Blood dk dps is still not viable?
    Heard back on retail they were the best dps spec when highend geared.

14. Blood dk dps is still not viable?
    Heard back on retail they were the best dps spec when highend geared.
    Only on shorter single-target fights.

15. Have you tried it? Is it viable? Is it fun? What are your thoughts on it and if it would be better suited for tanking or DPS? Feed my curiosity! ^^
    i actually prefer 2h frost dps, i know here come the comments. I prioritize a lot of haste and managing runes for strong obliterates, most often spend KM procs on FS, keep up diseases and use OB as often as possible, if blood tap is down and need to fill a gap between obliterate and frost strike for some reaon, i use BS which often triggers KM and will allow another FS. often i find myself toppling dw frost with same or higher ilvl. if my 1h weps succeed my 2h i swap to dw until a significantly better 2H falls in my lap. Shadowmourne BiS succeeds any 1h weapons.

12 Last