1. SnowmenCows EoT droprate (more related to lord but probably fits icecrown too)

Greetings, I am a player from Lordaeron and want to express my opinion about the drop rates of Emblems of Triumph from snowmen and cow level at the moment.

I believe the drop rates were nerfed too heavily and should be buffed. Just not as much as they were on release.
    On release you had cow level giving you approximately 200 emblems per 20 minutes which really is insane, and snowmen having 1/3 chance of dropping 2 emblems. Now cow level gives very low (heard reports of people getting as low as 4 emblems per clear) emblem drops per clear, and saving you for 1:30 hrs or 2hrs on top of that. Snowmen are 5% drop, which means 100 snowmen = 10 emblems which is extremely low. Yesterday I've made a group of 35-40 people and in more than an hour we've only got like 16 or 18 emblems from snowmen even though their damage and health was nerfed.

I understand it got nerfed because of people complaining. Let me try to address their only two arguments:

1. They state that so many emblems of triumph will destroy Lordaeron's economy. It is absolutely not true. Why? The only things you can buy with EoTs are: gear, crusader orbs, runed orbs, gems. The results will be:

*Crusader orb prices becoming very low for some time (month or two)
    *Runed orb prices will probably stay the same, because why buy a Runed Orb when you can buy a better Crusader Orb for even cheaper. Maybe prices will be slightly lower but the 50% gold cut will lower all prices anyway.
    *Gem prices, mainly Ametrine and Cardinal Ruby will be much lower for some time (same as crusader orbs, month or two)

Well and how does this ruin the economy? What it actually does is gives poor people more access to epic gems and Crusader Orbs, and only for a limited time like I said, I don't see how it ruins the economy really.

2. Their second argument is that "you can gear alts in BIS gear (what the ****) extremely fast"
    Ok so about this, EoT gear is far from BiS gear. Some pieces like the 245 ring shoulders helmet etc are better than ToC 10 items yes, and a piece or two are better than ToC 25nm/ToC 10HC items, but they're not even close to ToC25HC items, and as we know ToC25HC is on farm by some guilds already. Yes it will help guilds that don't have 25HC on farm to beat it, but look, ToC has been released for quite a long time already, soon ICC is coming, so it doesn't even matter, really, those EoTs and 232 items you will be able to farm from FoS, PoS, HoR soon anyway. I think the increased emblem drop rates is a cool catch up mechanic for a very limited time.

The people advocating for the nerf are simply the vocal minority who like to complain about everything. "Hurr durr Warmane destroyed my gem market".
    If you really look ingame, 95% of the time you will see two sorts of people:

1. I like the event and the easy access to Emblems of Triumph because I need the emblems for getting gold or gearing alts
    2. I like the event and the easy access to Emblems of Triumph because it motivates people to make huge raiding groups (talking about WG snowmen mainly) and makes the server feel much more alive, even if just for these 10 days.

And there are, of course, more people of type 1 than people of type 2, but still both 1 and 2 are for the high drop rates.

I am NOT, by any means telling you to increase the drop rates to 200 emblems per 20 min, I just want them to be increased in such a way that it's not too OP, but also gives people motivation to form raid groups and farm for it. Yes there are still raid groups but they're like 10% of the amount we've had on release. What I would do (and I ask that if people find these drop rates bad then post your own in reply) is:

* Make cow level give approx 40-50 emblems per run, and without id or with shortened id like half hour or so. Or with longer id than it is now but more emblems (depending on length of id) for example 4 hour id but 100 emblems per run, may be it's a bit too high, imo just remove id and put 40 emblems per run.

* Make snowmen have 1/3 drop again, or if it's too high then 20-25%. 5% is extremely low.

To conclude: I think it's a temporary event meant for fun, to help people get starting gear for their alts to save themselves some cancer of farming fos pos etc when ICC comes by jumping at this opportunity, and for people to make a bit of gold by selling crusader orbs or gems to people who couldn't be bothered to farm during the event.

As for the complaints of the people who wanted nerf, all I can say is, a quote by a great player who is no longer playing here: "sounds like an l2p issue"
    Edited: December 21, 2016

2. I totaly agree, I am playing icecrown myself, and the dropp rates are just way to low.
    Just because few people complained, u changed it ?
    That makes no sense at all, all the years we was able to farm those emblems, like @the first day
    why did u had to change it, just cause few people complained about it?
    **** that

3. a

The event was great as it was, after all that's the purpose of a special event, to get gifts or other things easier or things like that, it doesn't last forever

4. The event was great as it was, after all that's the purpose of a special event, to get gifts or other things easier or things like that, it doesn't last forever
    yep, it was :(

5. Did cows just 10 mins ago, despite the fact that 1.3m for each cow is pretty weird, it didnt dropped ANYTHING, not a single EoF/EoT., but me and my group got saved.

Best ingame Xmas eva.

6. First the blizzlike players complain about 100% drop, now they QQ, whats next?

7. To contrast this thread, I present to you this: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=345671

8. Thank you warmane. Very nice solution to the drop rates! :) some people don't understand when you have to work in ICC or do weekly quest to earn EoF its normal. And when you have a chance to get EoF from a mob even with a low % chance. its still like christmas. :) Very good job! i am proud to play here! Because before it was absurd drop rates. People would gear up too much from this event. 2 weeks of farming snowman when people made 200-300EoF from couple hours of farming would have done a lot of damage to the server. 200EoF a day would have been at least 2k EoF how much gear or other stuff that would have been? The gold squish would not fixed the damage. Primordial saronite would be worthless. the drive to farm RDF hc or ICC for badges would have been lost. These drop rates are VERY GOOD! Again thanks for the awesome christmas! :)

P.S. you should keep the snowman drop rate low, like before the events were removed.

9. it's demotivating as **** to know that all the progress i've been doing the last months can be gained in a ****ing day thanks to this stupid event. If you can't put the hours into the game then don't except that you'll be able to raid ICC the moment it comes out, too ****ing bad for you

10. it's demotivating as **** to know that all the progress i've been doing the last months can be gained in a ****ing day thanks to this stupid event. If you can't put the hours into the game then don't except that you'll be able to raid ICC the moment it comes out, too ****ing bad for you

Agree on you there bud. Same goes for every realm not only progressive 1x. :) I've been demotivated when i saw people farming 400EoF in 2-4hour

11. Hello,

I read many threads about this Holidays events. I will post some questions and answeres maybe some solutions for next year or this too..

- I will start with dmg. Snowman, Cow and Cow King dmg is way too much. Snowman is 2hitting and cows 1 hittnig. Real or not ask yourself..
    - Nerfed Drop rate, good or not? - Nerfed drop rate killed all joy in ppl to do events. If they spend 30 minutes to get aprox. 6 triumphs they dont do that.. They can do RDFs POS farm and get way more emblems then killing cows and snowman.
    - HP? I think 1.3m for 5m raid is too much. Taking aprox. 2 min for cow with good geared group. Alts I dont want even to try.

---- Solutions ----
    Reducing number of snowman and cows increasing their drop chance.
    - If ppl dont get drops from 10 kills they will stop doing events.
    Reducing HP and dmg done
    - If ppl cant do that fast and got nothing they will stop doing events.

So I read that GM said we made them for fun.. There is no fun.

Thanks for events and all you done for us.

Regrads.

12. Hello,

I read many threads about this Holidays events. I will post some questions and answeres maybe some solutions for next year or this too..

- I will start with dmg. Snowman, Cow and Cow King dmg is way too much. Snowman is 2hitting and cows 1 hittnig. Real or not ask yourself..
    - Nerfed Drop rate, good or not? - Nerfed drop rate killed all joy in ppl to do events. If they spend 30 minutes to get aprox. 6 triumphs they dont do that.. They can do RDFs POS farm and get way more emblems then killing cows and snowman.
    - HP? I think 1.3m for 5m raid is too much. Taking aprox. 2 min for cow with good geared group. Alts I dont want even to try.

---- Solutions ----
    Reducing number of snowman and cows increasing their drop chance.
    - If ppl dont get drops from 10 kills they will stop doing events.
    Reducing HP and dmg done
    - If ppl cant do that fast and got nothing they will stop doing events.

So I read that GM said we made them for fun.. There is no fun.

Thanks for events and all you done for us.

Regrads.
    getting aprox 6 emblems of triumphs in 30 minutes is really good, i don't know what you're on about

13. getting aprox 6 emblems of triumphs in 30 minutes is really good, i don't know what you're on about
    Point is that you can earn more doing Dungeons like POS or random dungeons with good geared group that will take 15 mins to get that amount.

14. I agree with aspirine101, I play in icecrown and I totally think that it should be fixed as sa possible.

15. To contrast this thread, I present to you this: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=345671
    Why dont u adjust the emblem drop rate to the realm rates?
    x1 drop rate on lordaeron and x7 drop rate on Icecrwon.
    Half of populations on Icecrwon is anyway BiS geared so a higher drop rate wont hurt and give newcomers the opportunity to catch up.

123 ... Last