1. Flamestrike vs Blizzard for Fire TTW

Do u use flame strike followed by blizzard or do u just spam flamestrike for aoe purpose?
    I did some dummy tests and the dps seems to be nearly the same with flamestrike spamming dealing a tiny bit more.
    Also, anybody knows if our aoe dmg is affected by some bug? It feels kinda low compared to spriest or boomkin aoe dmg.

2. It Depend targets and location :

In raid 25 :

Low life targets (0=>60k)
    Blizzard

Middle life targets (60=>200k)
    Flamestrike Rank 9 => Flamestrike Rank 8 => Blizzard, eventually do a 2d rotation of these 3 spells if the pack isn't dead yet.

High life targets (200-500)
    The "official" best way to do aoe is : the rotation : Flamestrike Rank 9 => Flamestrike Rank 8 => Blizzard again and again etc.
    But to my mind the best way is to LB 6 targets approximatly then Flamestrike Rank 9 => Flamestrike Rank 8 then use your HS proc one by one (jump all the time to be sure to do no cast a pyro, you will HS proc on each LB who fade out so continue jumping and launching pyro till all LB are fade) then do the classic rotation FS 9 => FS 8 => Blizzard

Very High life targets (over 500k) :
    LB all targets you cast before the first LB Fade then use all your procs (Approximatly 10 LB, it's depend your amount of haste), if you have not enough target just put how much LB you can then FS 9 => FS 8 => eventually blizzard break when HS start to proc.

Keep in mind few things : - your Flamestrike DOT need 4 sec to be completed so chain Flamestrike at same rank will just reinitialize the timer all the time without doing the full damages of the spell this is why we use FS 9 then FS 8 (dot of each rank can be cumulate) then Blizzard
    - All LB you put on targets must explode,
    - Launch a LB cost approximatly 1.2sec so put 6 LB take 7.2sec keep it in mind and do not LB too much Targets because you will do it automatly and put your 7st on a target already damage by your mates since 7sec so make sure she have enough life to stay alive 12 mores seconds (the LB Fade time).
    - On a pack of more than 6-7 adds all you LB explosion will made proc HS, so when the time come focus on using each of our Pyro available.

Raid 10 :
    Adapt all advices I give you below with keeping in mind the fact add will loose life slower.

Tiny.

PS : LB => Living Bomb
    HS => Hot Streak
    FS => Flamestrike
    Edited: December 25, 2016

3. Thanks for the detailed reply.
    Right now i use the following macro:
    #showtooltip Flamestrike
    /castsequence reset=3 !Flamestrike(Rank 9),!Flamestrike(Rank 8),!Flamestrike(Rank 7),!Flamestrike(Rank 6),!Flamestrike(Rank 5)

Guess i gonna change it to:
    /castsequence [nochanneling:Blizzard]reset=3 !Flamestrike(Rank 9),!Flamestrike(Rank 8),!Blizzard

4. Yes it's the good one even if I prefer use it in 2 different binds, one FS 9 + FS8 with nochanneling on blizzard, and a specific bind for blizzard, it is more convinient for using FS or Blizzard alone.

5. I did some more tests and its not worth to use blizzard as a TTW mage.
    Self buffed and with no trinket procs Blizzard ticks for me every 0.83 sec and does 888 non crit and 1612 crit while the initial dmg of my flamestrike rank 9 does ~2000 non crit and ~3500 crit and has a cast time of 1.66 sec. So flamestrike has the cast time of two blizzard ticks but its initial dmg is higher.
    In addition to that flamestrike does fire dmg and therefore procs ignite and benefits from the extra fire crit chance while blizzard doesn't benefit from all this stuff.

I tested three different kind of AoE rotations on a single target:
    FS9 - FS8 - Blizzard - repeat = ~2200 dps
    FS9 - FS8 - FS9 - FS9 - FS9 - FS9 - repeat = ~2400 dps
    FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS6 - FS5 - repeat = ~2600 dps

In a raid environment the dps difference between flamestrike and blizzard should be even higher because flamestrike procs ignite and should benefits more from raid buffs than blizzard does.
    Edited: December 28, 2016

6. I did some more tests and its not worth to use blizzard as a TTW mage.
    Self buffed and with no trinket procs Blizzard ticks for me every 0.83 sec and does 888 non crit and 1612 crit while the initial dmg of my flamestrike rank 9 does ~2000 non crit and ~3500 crit and has a cast time of 1.66 sec. So flamestrike has the cast time of two blizzard ticks but its initial dmg is higher.
    In addition to that flamestrike does fire dmg and therefore procs ignite and benefits from the extra fire crit chance while blizzard doesn't benefit from all this stuff.

I tested three different kind of AoE rotations on a single target:
    FS9 - FS8 - Blizzard - repeat = ~2200 dps
    FS9 - FS8 - FS9 - FS9 - FS9 - FS9 - repeat = ~2400 dps
    FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS6 - FS5 - repeat = ~2600 dps

In a raid environment the dps difference between flamestrike and blizzard should be even higher because flamestrike procs ignite and should benefits more from raid buffs than blizzard does.

With your amount of haste :
    Try FS9 - FS8 - 1 tics of Blizzard - FS9 - FS8 - 1 tics of Blizzard - FS9 - FS8 - etc
    Why ? : [FS9]1.66 sec cast => FS9 hit and strat a 4sec dot (we'll name it FS9dot) => [FS8]1.66 sec cast => FS8 hit (FS8dot start - FS9dot is at 1.66sec/4sec) => Cast Blizzard => First Tick (0.83sec - FS8dot @0.83sec/4sec - FS9dot @2.49sec/4) => [FS9] 1.66 sec cast (FS8dot @ 2.49sec/4 - FS9dot @4.15sec/4 so all hits of the dot are done) => FS9 hit and start a 4sec dot => [FS8]1.66 sec cast (FS8dot @4.15sec/4 - FS9 @1.66sec/4)

and try : FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - etc

After these tests you will have your answer.

7. With your amount of haste :
    Try FS9 - FS8 - 1 tics of Blizzard - FS9 - FS8 - 1 tics of Blizzard - FS9 - FS8 - etc
    Why ? : [FS9]1.66 sec cast => FS9 hit and strat a 4sec dot (we'll name it FS9dot) => [FS8]1.66 sec cast => FS8 hit (FS8dot start - FS9dot is at 1.66sec/4sec) => Cast Blizzard => First Tick (0.83sec - FS8dot @0.83sec/4sec - FS9dot @2.49sec/4) => [FS9] 1.66 sec cast (FS8dot @ 2.49sec/4 - FS9dot @4.15sec/4 so all hits of the dot are done) => FS9 hit and start a 4sec dot => [FS8]1.66 sec cast (FS8dot @4.15sec/4 - FS9 @1.66sec/4)
    The amount of haste doesnt really matter because haste also reduce the duration of the flamestrike dot.
    and try : FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - etc
    Tried it and it does ~2400 dps

FS9 - FS8 - FS7 - FS6 - FS5 - repeat / remains the best with ~2600 dps

8. From what i know, i did test it like a month ago, and im not 100% sure, might be wrong, if u Flamestrike Rank 9 > Flamestrike Rank 8 u dont get the dmg over time at all...
    Check that out, if its not doin that **** it might be better to go Flamestrike > Blizzard...

Edit: nvm, it works just fine... Im bad. :D
    Edited: December 29, 2016

9. I did some more tests and its not worth to use blizzard as a TTW mage.
    You can think of it this way, as a Fire mage you're given 2 other superior abilities for dealing AoE, but both of these are dependent on specific conditions:
    1) Whether the targets are very closely stacked, and unlikely to move from where they are, and
    2) Whether the targets are going to be alive for more than 12 seconds.

Blizzard is the filler that comes into play when neither of these conditions can be reliably fulfilled, which does happen now and then. Otherwise, Flamestrike and Living Bomb will always be superior.

As for Living Bomb vs Flamestrike, from the tests I recall doing on the subject I think Living Bomb ended up having less DPCT than Flamestrikes rank 9 and 8, but more than Flamestrike 7. Realistically Flamestrike's damage on paper can't be counted on to neatly translate into reality quite so well. Not only are enemies moving out of the AoE all the time but the range is also exasperatingly tiny. Living Bomb's explosion catches a lot more targets in most in-game scenarios. The only times you'd want to involve Flamestrikes 7 and below would be when you're trying to take advantage of its periodic effect which ignores AoE caps, or when the target won't live long enough for LB to blow (but then you might be better off using Blizzard here anyway).

The amount of haste doesnt really matter because haste also reduce the duration of the flamestrike dot.
    Can you double-check that? That really shouldn't be the case. Also the FS DoT should be 8 seconds, the 4 seconds DoT you saw was just the Ignite.

10. Can you double-check that? That really shouldn't be the case.
    I checked it again and i was wrong. The dot doesn't scale with haste.
    Also the FS DoT should be 8 seconds, the 4 seconds DoT you saw was just the Ignite.
    TinyToys came up with this 4 sec dot. I didn't really understand either what he meant.
    As for Living Bomb vs Flamestrike, from the tests I recall doing on the subject I think Living Bomb ended up having less DPCT than Flamestrikes rank 9 and 8, but more than Flamestrike 7. Realistically Flamestrike's damage on paper can't be counted on to neatly translate into reality quite so well. Not only are enemies moving out of the AoE all the time but the range is also exasperatingly tiny. Living Bomb's explosion catches a lot more targets in most in-game scenarios. The only times you'd want to involve Flamestrikes 7 and below would be when you're trying to take advantage of its periodic effect which ignores AoE caps, or when the target won't live long enough for LB to blow (but then you might be better off using Blizzard here anyway).
    Well, there is only one situation I can think of where it would be worth to use blizzard and thats when mobs are too spread to hit them all with flamestrike but still close enough to each other to hit them with blizzard. Thats hardly the case. Usually mobs are either all stacked at the tank or they are too spread to hit them all with blizzard. So blizzard is pretty much useless.

Imo the best way to deal aoe is as follow:
    - On 2-4 mobs spread LB on each and then attack a single target.
    - If more than 4 mobs are stacked and have high health then rotate between flamestrike rank9 until rank5
    - If more than 4 mobs are stacked and have low health just spam flamestrike rank9 (deals more dps than blizzard)
    - If multiple mobs are too spread for flamestrike just spam LB on all of them.

11. My bad I failed the dot is 8 sec ^^ so use Blizzard after 2 FS is more relevant...

But i'm ok with your summary, i just don't feel you on the spam FS9=>5, and for the FS9 spaming atleast rotate between FS9 and 8

12. My bad I failed the dot is 8 sec ^^ so use Blizzard after 2 FS is more relevant...

But i'm ok with your summary, i just don't feel you on the spam FS9=>5, and for the FS9 spaming atleast rotate between FS9 and 8
    The FS9 until FS5 spamming is worth it because FS5 total dmg is still higher than the initial dmg of FS9.
    So rotatiting from FS9 until FS5 puts 5 stacking dots on the ground and they get refreshed before they expire.