1. Apart from a few misunderstood points, you have got the picture right. Before answering your question let me clear these first:
    As a discipline it shall be your job to maximum assist at tank healing. For that I usually recommend keeping a shield up as you mentioned and to Penance when needed, since that is your big burst heal. In emergencies you can use flash heal as well to top off them. Barely if ever greater heal, since it is a big heal, but it is very slow and ineffecrive to be used by a disc. I do not recommend it, only in clutch moments, and if possible combined with inner focus.
    Now the shield on the tank is usually a good option to apply on the start, since they will definitely take damage. Keep in mind tho that it will most likely be the first shield to pop and usually alone, immediately causing your rapture to go on cd. If you can allow this mana sacrifise, then do go for the preshield. If not, then try harmonising the shields with a huge rade-wide damage (eg. Infest) to get the most mana regen out of rapture.
    Do not use Holy Nova on the tank, as it only heals your own group, and only the ones in range for it. It can be used effectively inside of frostmourne only, if your group has taken moderate damage already (they drop to 70% hp). Other than these grouped up scenarios, do not use this expensive heal.
    Now about the renew usage. I usually cast renew on the tanks if I have a free gcd to use. On the pull I am usually busy bubbling the whole raid, so I would recommend to waste a few ticks of renew and apply it before the start. You can also apply a pom on the tank to keep it jumping on the raid right on the pull. Also your shields absorb around 10k damage, so they usually break on the first aa from the boss, this means if you apply renew right on the pull, you wont waste off any ticks. Do this if the fight is either not aoe heavy qnd you only have to focus on the tank or of you have already covered up the raid with shields.
    During the raid follow the rule if you have a free gcd, apply renew on the tank. Keeping it up all the time is not your priority as you are not a hot healer :)
    This reply grew a bit long, but I hope I answered all your questions, if I left anythig unanswered, please let me know.
    I typed this from my phone so sorry if I did many mistypes.
    It's ok, it's not too long and it gave me the answers I was looking for. At least in theory, just need to put it in practice now. :)

A lot of stuff you said is a bit over my head at this point, since I haven't yet reached that level when I participate in raids, just plain old 5-man instances, with one tank and one healer, where shield, renew and flash heals are usually enough. :) But, I need to get these basics right first :D In a few levels I'll come and re-read this a couple of times since I will be moving from basics into advanced stuff :)

Thank you :)

2. It's ok, it's not too long and it gave me the answers I was looking for. At least in theory, just need to put it in practice now. :)

A lot of stuff you said is a bit over my head at this point, since I haven't yet reached that level when I participate in raids, just plain old 5-man instances, with one tank and one healer, where shield, renew and flash heals are usually enough. :) But, I need to get these basics right first :D In a few levels I'll come and re-read this a couple of times since I will be moving from basics into advanced stuff :)

Thank you :)
    No problem and feel free to come back in the future if you have any more questions :)
    It is true that I have written the guide for a raiding environment and I have given the previous advices in the same mindset.
    For dungeons you have the right picture of healing the tank with penance and flash heals :) It is also easy to spare a gcd and apply renew to them.
    In the gearing up process, opposing to what I have written in the guide, don't be afraid of burning your Power Infusion on yourself (this and the 25% haste from Borrowed Time will give you a lot more space to quickly heal up the tank and your group). For the group, I would advise to use Prayer of Healing if more than 3 ppl are damaged, otherwise Flash Heal shall be good enough :) Holy Nova is still a bit too expensive, but could be nice if you have to heal on the move. Renew is also good if you must heal on the move and the players have weakened soul on them already.

3. Bumping this and adding my 2 copper.

Don't bother with Holy Nova. Mind Sear is better for damage both in AoE throughput and mana efficiency. If you need to heal, every other heal in your toolkit is better. The only situation I'd suggest Holy Nova is when you need to knock something out of stealth and it's nowhere near a possible Mind Sear target.

As for Renew usage in 5-mans, I generally stick to PW:S, Penance, Prayer of Mending and Renew for healing. Flash Heal if the tank is taking buttloads of damage, but that's not very common. I like to use Renew and PW:S frequently because it allows me to "fire and forget" so that I can spend more time doing damage. If your group is taking damage to where you don't get much time to heal, then Renew is a great tool for helping sustain a target that is taking a lot of damage - usually tanks. If you're hurting for mana, though, stick to shields, Penance and Flash Heal. And by that, I mean sub 5% or so. Otherwise, Renew is really good.

4. That list of BiS gear is not useful. Links not works. Can I find some other list of BiS gear?

5. In the following links i will provide you of a bis list for disc priests.

https://imgur.com/a/0Akx7UD

You could also go with t10hc holy chest and bpc25hc gloves.

6. Hi, thanks for the guide, I have some trouble healing on BQL 10 man, the health bars of the raid are dropping incredibly quickly and me and my buddy rsham cannot all keep them up, do you have some tips maybe ? I've thought of using Prayer of Healing a lot more but I couldn't test it because we had to RO. I am playing on the Lordaeron realm
    Thanks in advance !
    Hey there! Thank you, I am glad you found the guide useful ^^
    I have some small tips for the encounter:
    Pre-shield the raid before pull, so that you will already have shields on everyone when the damage happens, this way you will have more time on the start of the encounter to react to the incoming damage.
    Keep PoM jumping all the time, it is a smart heal, and is really useful to have it on.
    You can use PoH as well, for this I would recommend using the glyphed version as well, which gives players a small hot after the big burst heal. To enhance the effect of the healing, when there is really heavy damage, I would combine it with Inner Focus for the extra crit chance and Divine Aegis procs.
    Try to cast PoH right after you have shielded someone, so that you can cast it with the Borrowed Time buff.
    Keep casting Penance off CD on the tanks, or if someone gets really low. Since you have a shaman as the other healer, the tanks should have the phisical damage reduction buff on them (Inspiration from you, Ancestral Healing from the shaman)
    Don't forget that Penance doesn't consume the Borrowed Time buff, so you can cast a fast PoH right after it ^^
    I like to keep Divine Hymn for some air phase, depending on how much phases you get, you can decide to spare it. Since the cooldown is really long on it, you can use it only once. I usually use mine on the 2nd air phase, since for the first one the raid should still have personal cooldowns.
    Do not forget to use Fear Ward around the pull, so that you can dispell the mass fear before air phase. Do not forget to recast Fear Ward on yourself after the first phase is down (if you are an undead, you can use your passive, and cast Fear Ward on the shaman).
    I think this is all ^-^ Also focus the healing on ppl who will take heavier damage (have flames, have a link).
    Good luck!
    Edited: October 1, 2018

7. I updated the BiS lists a little, changed 1-2 items :) I find maximising spirit+crit (after SP of course) better than going haste, still since many ppl prefer using the shadow chest as an off-set item, I will leave it in for guidance. Cheers ^^

8. Hello. I have a disc priest currently around 6.1k with 4 T10, and I tried healing Bane for the first time and I had few issues in phase 1. (the other healer was shaman).
    First, there was always 1 melee (warrior) taking multiple ghouls breaking the shield and he was getting infest so he needed to be healed for around 15-20k. On top of that both tanks were taking significant amount of damage, I was using penance on both tanks PoM as soon as it was ready, and had no other choice but to spam few flash heals on the melee, which kinda ruined my shielding rotation and made me lose a lot of mana.

What would be your advice for situations like this?

9. @The warrior, the tanks need to try and improve their picking up of the ghouls. If the OT is a paladin (and thus MT letting ghouls sit on MDPS so the OT can use Righteous Defense), then the OT needs to be more pro-active about picking up those ghouls. You can also have the warrior to be your last shield to be cast just before Infest. If that isn't enough, consider bouncing your PoM off them. If it really comes down to it, you may have to ask them to avoid Whirlwinding ghouls (if they are using cleave in p1, slap them), which is undesirable but maybe necessary if neither tank is going to pick them up.

@Tank damage, if the tanks are properly geared and using their abilities properly, then you should look to the Shaman to be keeping his armor buff on them (talent that procs from crits). You're going to be using Flash some anyway. If Flash is becoming a mana hog for you and you can't get away with casting it less, consider grabbing talents for it and the glyph as well. Also get your group to do their best at avoiding additional Necrotic jumps/dispels if at all possible.

10. Anybody knows the spellpower-to-bonus-shield ratio for PvE Disci? (assuming all talents for max shielding)

Like 1 spellpower = how much more dmg absorb?

11. If you're interested to see how powerful your shields are, or want to see exact coefficients and whatnot, I would strongly recommend checking out the addon called "DrDamage".

12. One way I know to check the absorb value of my shields without using addons and stuff is by casting the shield on myself and checking the heal from the glyph, the heal can't be crit and you should be aware of the buffs and debuffs you have on you (the ones that change healing recieved or change spell power), if the heal doesn't crit then the healing you recieve is 20% of the absorb value, multiply that value by 5 and you have an idea of how much your absorb is.

13. Thanks for the advices, I will definitely try those two. Still, I'm more interested in theoretical values rather than experimental ones (mainly so I can anticipate and prepare downranked shields when needed)

I've been trying to find the value in databases but sadly, I could only find current (Legion/BFA) numbers

14. (mainly so I can anticipate and prepare downranked shields when needed)
    Then you'll want DrDamage. The addon puts expected output numbers on the spell's icon that is on your action bars.

15. Very clean guide and good to read.

Thanks so much for this, will be giving it a chance.

First ... 56789 ... Last